Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Time

LOL MOke, im 6foot 2, 210 pounds. Im a big guy. People always move out of the way for me. they wonder why im in such a rush, only to find me holding the door for em.

People make rash assuptions on people all the time. We are all guilty of it on some level. We always assume old people ( like 80) are slow and incoherent, yet, i got toold to "f" myself and to get the FDS on the road, and flipped off. LOl it was actualy quite funny.

the thing is, we only need to understand that no matter the title, race, or anything, were all just people. We are all capable of the stupidest, most hateful harful thing, just as we are capable of doing the kindest, heartfelt selfless act. You dont have to be jesus to follow his lead, or buddha, or any of the dieties we deem worthy of ourselves.

The best way to react to those things IMO, is smile, and either comment untill youa ctualy get mad ( usualy if its repeated you jsut blow up randomly and make the stuation worse, its happened to me many times). And relly, who the hell cares what ONE person thinks about you. Yes you still should stand up for yourself,but if you dont who are they to judge? Are they any better for not helping and tellin the guy to lay off? No, i dont think so.

Just be you. There will always be people you hate, and but heads with. SOmetimes you get mad, sometimes you ignore, sometimes you pollitley converse with the guy and tell him hes a moron, but its almsot inevitable in the world we live in today.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Master
I guess the theory goes, .... due to the nature of the flow of energy, the more You can diffuse these kinda situations by transmution of negative energy, the lesser the liklehood of the situation arising.

Having said that, You have a right to self defence.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Master
Hi Moke I miss talking to you. Hope all is well
Old 02-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Trieah

Hum. . . , considering that these kinds of situations have cropped up over and over again throughout my life, sometimes I'm not sure if I handle them well or poorly. I suppose it's all a matter of how I personally want to look at it. Sometimes I can let it go, because I realize that most people just don't realize their own callousness. Sometimes it gets to me. And sometimes I wish I could go back and do something different.

I do find it rather amusing how people seem to think I can't hear their insults when their only two feet away, sometimes even closer. Just because I don't react, doesn't mean I'm deaf or that I'm too stupid to understand what they just did

But because this type of situation has actually happened over and over again in my life, I've actually done a lot of thinking about this question. I still have a tendency to not react to things, at least when it comes to the real life stuff. But my way of coping with rudeness has changed many times over the years.

And the funny thing is, I don't seem to notice it happening as much as it use to, since I came to better terms for dealing with it. I suppose my silent yet dignified reaction seems to work the best. I don't have to feel bad about being discriminated against, or feel bad for stooping to that level. After all, it's more about how I deal with it, then how others perceive me.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
How would you handle a situation like explained above?

Sometimes you have to use non-verbal communication. Even Buddha had to kick some behind.

Last edited by Kaere : 02-08-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
I guess the theory goes, .... due to the nature of the flow of energy, the more You can diffuse these kinda situations by transmution of negative energy, the lesser the liklehood of the situation arising.

Having said that, You have a right to self defence.

Have you ever considered running for office?
Old 02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
The part of imagining someone disrespecting me in such a way that my reaction or non-reaction would entice them to further pursue me.
I've grown to be a man that people seem to respect even if they don't know me. In fact I attract the opposite, respect and smiles. I also give the same.
It's like those woman you know who you can't imagine someone talking disrespectful (sexually) to. They don't attract that type of treatment naturally.
I'm not saying it can't happen, I just can't imagine a situation, other than them being drunk, or me defending my wife or someone in need where it could happen.

Ok. Thanks for answering.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Have you ever considered running for office?

Lol, still too busy running from it.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
Lol, still too busy running from it.

Well, I'd vote for you. I'd even campaign for you. Though I'm sure I'd get the boot.

and ya anyway.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Well, I'd vote for you. I'd even campaign for you. Though I'm sure I'd get the boot. lol:

and ya anyway.

Couldn't ask for a better campaign manager.

.....Month by month contract though.