Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
moke64916

How would you handle yourself?

This isn't happening to me, its a what if scenario:

What if in the real world, someone is disrespectful to you. Then you don't react, but are nonreactive towards it. Then it happened continually. Then others might get the impression that he doesn't defend himself. How would you handle a situation like that?

Me personally, I don't ever get disrespectful comments by others. I am a 190 pound muscular guy with little body fat. Physical looks can be intimidating. Though I am a nice person, people are careful. I was the guy in high school that would protect the one getting bullied. But if someone that did disrespect me continually, though they may be unconscious, what do you do? Knock him out? Or let others walk over you? Sometimes the only way to knock some sense into someone is to do just that, unless I am wrong. The only fight I have been in was when I was cornered by a gang member, so I used martial arts. One kick shattered his knee, but it was out of self defense. This guy had no conscience. I was raised and trained to fight with multiple forms of martial arts. I only had to use it once. I don't tell people I am a black belt in real life. For the guys out there. How would you handle a situation like explained above?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:51 PM
It happens to me and did Friday night.

I laugh sometimes.
I laugh and laugh more the next time.

Then, I have a choice - if I can leave the person's presence forever I do that.
Sometimes, I'll say something to disarm them with kindness like (according to the person, of course.) " I'm so sorry you had a bad childhood - your parents must have treated you the way you are treating me. But I'm not your enemy. I'm really not...why don't you take this out on the person that is?"

That has worked alot and I have given this advice before and they came back and said it has worked for them.
A couple times it triggered the person to get teary bec no one had ever acknowledged that -
Yes, they were wounded from someone else.

Just a thought. Depends in the person - but something of that nature.
Bullies are not used to people being actually compassionate towards them.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Moke- For the guys out there. How would you handle a situation like explained above?
Hey! Gals can have this happen to them to.

Quote:
What if in the real world, someone is disrespectful to you. Then you don't react, but are nonreactive towards it. Then it happened continually. Then others might get the impression that he doesn't defend himself. How would you handle a situation like that?

If one is non reactive, present, yes to what is in the moment, the energy field that is, collapses any attack. A change in vibration occurs, the others would feel a gentleness, maybe ego swears as it leaves. They would not want to mess with such presence. And such presence would effect them in a good way, or it would frighten them away.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Master
What if in the real world, someone is disrespectful to you. Then you don't react, but are nonreactive towards it. Then it happened continually. Then others might get the impression that he doesn't defend himself.

It's a peculiar thing, as hard as I try to imagine this happening to me.......I can't.
James
Old 01-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
What if in the real world, someone is disrespectful to you. Then you don't react, but are nonreactive towards it. Then it happened continually. Then others might get the impression that he doesn't defend himself.

It's a peculiar thing, as hard as I try to imagine this happening to me.......I can't.
James

What part? Imagining someone being disrespectful to you? Or that you don't react? Or that you are nonreactive towards it? Or that others might think you can't defend yourself?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
moke64916

None of this has happened to me, plus I don't surround myself around those type of people. I think I agree that the nonreactive energy field would stop persistance. Maybe there will be a time where I am in a situation like so. I'll take the nonreactive approach if it ever happened. I was just curious on how you would handle yourself in such a situation. I guess one can be nonreactive or intimidate the attacker for it to stop. This thread could be for the girls too. It's just men seem to have bigger egos than woman. Egos that fight.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Moke- This thread could be for the girls too. It's just men seem to have bigger egos than woman.

Well, ya got me there.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
What part? Imagining someone being disrespectful to you? Or that you don't react? Or that you are nonreactive towards it? Or that others might think you can't defend yourself?

The part of imagining someone disrespecting me in such a way that my reaction or non-reaction would entice them to further pursue me.
I've grown to be a man that people seem to respect even if they don't know me. In fact I attract the opposite, respect and smiles. I also give the same.
It's like those woman you know who you can't imagine someone talking disrespectful (sexually) to. They don't attract that type of treatment naturally.
I'm not saying it can't happen, I just can't imagine a situation, other than them being drunk, or me defending my wife or someone in need where it could happen.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
moke64916

A little bit of alcohol can free you from thought. Too much brings you below thought. I am not a fighter. I was trained like someone in the military is trained for combat. I fear what I am capable of. Imagine doing the same offensive and defenses to break bones and kill a man everyday for 6 years. It becomes so engrained in your natural reactions if someone attacks you. You don't think. Your training kicks in. I had to defend myself once and one kick shattered his knee. I'm afraid if I were to be on the offensive for 10 seconds. It takes only a couple of seconds if someone throws one punch to break an arm, black eye, kicked in stomach and finish with an upper palm strike to the nose. That couple of seconds could kill someone. But I don't have to worry about that because I attract positive people, and won't ever attract a situation like that, unless I'm unconsciously attracting it by speaking of it. Don't know. I'm glad I've not had to use it. Only that one time. I will not speak of my martial arts training anymore. Number 1 in martial arts is to be humble. Discipline.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Ascender
What would I do if someone is disrespectful toward me.

Show them love and compassion understanding and talk to them and explain to them how I felt about it.

Combining spiritual energy (Chi) and martial arts is weary dangerous this I have learned and by doing so I chose to learn the power of the word.

Words do the work for me these days. Why use a fist when a word can solve the problem much easily.
How do I look like: Well I am not the first person you would chose to fight when one would see me, and people sometimes get confused when I want to talk instead of punching a hole though their body.

But I have learned to pacify people that are hostile towards me, by showing mutual respect, and showing them that when they actually not respect me they don’t respect themselves.

I treat people with the respect I want to be shown. I show them that I love them even if they hate me I show them that I respect them even if they don’t respect me.

Worst case scenario: pacifying my opponent and tell them that they don’t have a chance and then walk away because I know what damage I can do.

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching