Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Caretaker

Personally I don't believe in a being known as the Devil. My personal beliefs is that energy takes many forms and if man accumulates mostly negative energy by his actions then negative energy dominates our world, both in individual and collective ways. To me this is the Devil. But to you it might be a Being it might be Ego or many other things, it's all just another piece of the same pie in the end.

And what's God? Is God a being with physical principles, is this God's perception of reality based on organ function like our human body is? Is it attached to emotions and quick to unjust action? Is it even conscious enough to really be aware enough to make decisions? Or perhaps it's merely a complex interconnected unity between matter and energy that exists within and through all things. Perhaps then it would communicate through energy based senses. But, does it really matter in the end? That is the true question.

Will it make any difference what I think today or you think today about life? Or will my actions make a difference tomorrow. If i treat you bad, will i not be treated bad? If i unjustly judge you without understanding my own flaws, will i not be judged by the same means?

The concept of Earth being a hell was merely a question, food for thought if you will. It would sure make some sense out of what Jesus talked about by the Earth becoming like Heaven, or in this perception, a Heaven.

Like I say food for thought

- Ignite Your Soul
Old 31-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
The book "Conversations with God" says that the devil was created by man because at the time, woman ruled and the men were the slaves and seen only good for impregnating a woman. Man used fear of evil to gain power. And that is how the whole devil/evil thing started.
I knew it!
Always the man's fault!
Thank you for the confirmaton!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Master
but why remain within this duality at all?? the soul has no gender~! but i KNOW i'm not saying anything new here lol....the earth being a hell is merely a matter of one's perception, it can be a heaven or a hell, depending on what state of consciousness one is perceiving it from...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 31-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Caretaker

If our attitude creates our own personal heaven or hell, which I might add depending on what happens and our reactions, we live our lives in both a heaven and a hell. It takes a great deal of effort not to be effected by the suffering which exists and comes to us.

But now if our attitude creates our own heaven or hell, then the societies overall attitude would decide if society lives in a heaven or a hell. In the majority of humanity people are very greedy and self seeking. Wanting to control situation and peoples, especially those close to us. A parent may demand that a child do this or do that, which can cause alot of negative and suffering. Which isn't including the things that cause suffering that they try to ward them against.

That's just a tiny example, a very minor suffering that we cause in this world. But the full reality of control in humanity is not a minor thing. It is a very large and destructive thing that has been going on for a very long time. It is the reason, by consequence, why the world is in as much chaos as it is now.

It's all well and good to be content in your life and to forgive it on the big picture. By this is not as easy as it sounds. To truly forgive we can't only forgive the person(ourselves or others) but also their actions. Which, in a society that's so Hell-bent (pun intended) on judgement and revenge it's very difficult for us to find any peace.

The main thing here is that for the most part, by man's actions we have made this human society into a Hell, and that's not necessarily saying that in universal perspective this planet could be considered a 'place of alot of suffering' which would be literal translation of Hell. Stranger things have happened.
Old 31-07-2011, 08:09 PM
mattie

Earth Is Neither Organized Religion's Hell Or Purgatory

This is a very good question.

Ego is just our self/individuality. While some demonize ego this is a very dated view that many are moving out of, to realizing that our self in just as honored a member of our energies as any part of it. Demonizing any part of us (ego) will limit any meaningful spiritual growth as it is absolutely necessary to fully respect ALL parts of us to begin this growth process.

The below article discusses this changing paradigm about ego views.
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazin...nce.asp?page=1

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...829#post219829

What one might call ‘suffering’ is self generated by the thoughts, emotions & actions we choose. It isn’t like this is a separate energy. That it is a separate energy influencing us is placing us in a passive position. We are only as passive as we choose to be.

There are many unproductive ideas from organized religion that have filtered into post-organized religious thought. This is to be expected. It is useful to realize where this occurs. That our self isn’t OK is one of these (inherently flawed sinners) as is our being passive & powerless. Hell is another one.

The lowest subplane of 4D is what the organized religions call hell. It is not the permanent place of torture, but a temporary holding plane for stalled troubled spirits who aren’t interested in continuing their journey. They have an abundance of help available to them & can move on whenever they want.

This planet isn’t inherently problematic (hell). It is what we make of it. 4D is accessed here & we access 4D every night when we sleep. This doesn’t mean that we are in hell when we sleep. 4D is a transitional D where we move from dealing w/ our worst fears to connecting w/ our HS.

Higher Self- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...418#post254418

Categorizing this planet’s peoples into the highly polarized groups of demonic or angels is staying rooted in extremes that aren’t productive. It is completely unknown why one would consider that this planet & the Universe is satanic. Some views in the past have viewed the entire Universe as conspiring against God, but this is rather dated.

Angels are beyond individuality as we know it, but this has nothing to do w/ our individuality/ego/self being supposedly problematic. It isn’t angels that are changing us, it is US that are changing US as we make the choice to move past fear & limitations & work w/ our own energies. All concepts that have us as being passive such as angels doing it for us are heavily tied into organized religion’s view of our being powerless, being empty receptacles only able to hold a superior energy’s energies. A more current empowered view is that we are full partners w/ the Universe.
Old 31-07-2011, 08:32 PM
moke64916

Attitudes are habits. Habits are formed by repetition.
Old 31-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Greybeard

Hell?

What if there is no Hell. Wouldn't that be a disappointment?
Old 31-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Mattie,

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
What if there is no Hell. Wouldn't that be a disappointment?
That's why I'm hedging my bets and making a living hell now for certain people.

Old 31-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
This is a very good question.

Ego is just our self/individuality. While some demonize ego this is a very dated view that many are moving out of, to realizing that our self in just as honored a member of our energies as any part of it. Demonizing any part of us (ego) will limit any meaningful spiritual growth as it is absolutely necessary to fully respect ALL parts of us to begin this growth process.

The below article discusses this changing paradigm about ego views.
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazin...nce.asp?page=1

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=219829#post219829

What one might call ‘suffering’ is self generated by the thoughts, emotions & actions we choose. It isn’t like this is a separate energy. That it is a separate energy influencing us is placing us in a passive position. We are only as passive as we choose to be.

There are many unproductive ideas from organized religion that have filtered into post-organized religious thought. This is to be expected. It is useful to realize where this occurs. That our self isn’t OK is one of these (inherently flawed sinners) as is our being passive & powerless. Hell is another one.

The lowest subplane of 4D is what the organized religions call hell. It is not the permanent place of torture, but a temporary holding plane for stalled troubled spirits who aren’t interested in continuing their journey. They have an abundance of help available to them & can move on whenever they want.

This planet isn’t inherently problematic (hell). It is what we make of it. 4D is accessed here & we access 4D every night when we sleep. This doesn’t mean that we are in hell when we sleep. 4D is a transitional D where we move from dealing w/ our worst fears to connecting w/ our HS.

Higher Self- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=254418#post254418

Categorizing this planet’s peoples into the highly polarized groups of demonic or angels is staying rooted in extremes that aren’t productive. It is completely unknown why one would consider that this planet & the Universe is satanic. Some views in the past have viewed the entire Universe as conspiring against God, but this is rather dated.

Angels are beyond individuality as we know it, but this has nothing to do w/ our individuality/ego/self being supposedly problematic. It isn’t angels that are changing us, it is US that are changing US as we make the choice to move past fear & limitations & work w/ our own energies. All concepts that have us as being passive such as angels doing it for us are heavily tied into organized religion’s view of our being powerless, being empty receptacles only able to hold a superior energy’s energies. A more current empowered view is that we are full partners w/ the Universe.
i disagree with that, as well as the notion that individuality is born of, or a product of the ego this simply isnt true...the soul is well beyond the ego, and yet it has and retains individuality, has it's own interests that differ from those of other souls, and because of this i consider the soul itself to be the ultimate individual...awareness creates individuality as awareness must exist before any choice can be made at all, and any unit of individual awareness is going to have different preferences for certain choices that will not be the same as all of the other preferences that exist, and the truth of the soul's point of view goes by far beyond the universe, a very small part of all that is...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi