Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeaM
Maybe nothing
It's interesting that we really don't "know" with any absolute certainty.... I've long found this aspect of our being physical as one of the most intriguing idiosyncrasies of this humanized puzzle.... :^)
Old 07-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi forum,

What happens when we die, we become the higher self again?

Thanks,

3dnow

Higher self isn't really the correct term of reference, even tho it is used all the time these days.....You are a spiritual being, temporarily in a physical body...you are spirit and you are here for a reason....if your spirit was a higher or perfect being, there would be no need to keep coming back.......you are here to learn, to cope,to overcome obstacles and to experience........as a soul on the Otherside, you will still need to progress and to learn, regardless if you choose to reincarnate or not.....it is all about progression on both sides of the veil.......
Old 07-02-2013, 04:19 AM
Knower

I've read Michael Newton's books--in which hypnotized clients not only experience past lives, but the experience of discarnate souls in-between lives. One thing I recall is that not all of the soul incarnates into the body in a given lifetime. Depending on the demands that will be placed on it during the lifetime, it might send more or less of itself into the body. If it sends half of its energy into the incarnation, the other half stays home and watches from the sidelines.

Don't hold me to this, but I suspect the "higher self" is the part of the soul that stayed behind. It knows the "script" the rest of it is playing out on earth, and what purpose it was supposed to fulfill by incarnating, and it can be tapped by its incarnated half for guidance. In fact, I think it's always feeding us guidance, which we get in the form of intuition, inspiration, and "gut feelings."

So if that really is the case, then we merge back with the rest of ourselves after death.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
I've read Michael Newton's books--in which hypnotized clients not only experience past lives, but the experience of discarnate souls in-between lives. One thing I recall is that not all of the soul incarnates into the body in a given lifetime. Depending on the demands that will be placed on it during the lifetime, it might send more or less of itself into the body. If it sends half of its energy into the incarnation, the other half stays home and watches from the sidelines.

Don't hold me to this, but I suspect the "higher self" is the part of the soul that stayed behind. It knows the "script" the rest of it is playing out on earth, and what purpose it was supposed to fulfill by incarnating, and it can be tapped by its incarnated half for guidance. In fact, I think it's always feeding us guidance, which we get in the form of intuition, inspiration, and "gut feelings."

So if that really is the case, then we merge back with the rest of ourselves after death.

It is quite true that we do not/cannot bring all of our energy into an incarnation.....depending on what percentage we leave behind, we could be in a somewhat dormant stage or continue living the life that we were living before incarnating again.....I doubt that we give ourselves advice ....Our spirit guides and loved ones in spirit are much better equipped to do that for us IMHO......interesting theory tho........
Old 26-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Soul whispers

Try reading about 'Life between Life' by Michael Newton, he has gathered lost of experiences through hypnosis of what happens to souls after death of our corporal bodies.

Love & light
Old 27-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star

I definitely do feel our "Higher Self" or Spirit is very capable of giving us sound advice and can inspire us greatly. (not to say that others cannot inspire us too) Our deepest intuitions and "knowing" I sense come from our own Spirits.
Old 27-02-2013, 04:25 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
It is quite true that we do not/cannot bring all of our energy into an incarnation.....
my goodness... not even close... :^) I was in the presence of my oversoul for about 10 seconds when I was around 21 years old... that was plenty! I knew it was me, because it was me, but far more me than I was in this life.... time and space is silly while in our greater presence... In this life I am a "definition", while overall I am I in a far more intense way... our higher self is very much in tune with itself and is very clear as to who we currently are... we're presently just a very very restrained definition within a very particular lifetime... we wake back up to ourselves when this story ends... this is the case for each of us...
Old 27-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Knower
This thread is enormously beautiful and inspiring!
Old 28-02-2013, 02:43 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I definitely do feel our "Higher Self" or Spirit is very capable of giving us sound advice and can inspire us greatly. (not to say that others cannot inspire us too) Our deepest intuitions and "knowing" I sense come from our own Spirits.

Then why do you think you are here?
Old 28-02-2013, 02:52 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
my goodness... not even close... :^) I was in the presence of my oversoul for about 10 seconds when I was around 21 years old... that was plenty! I knew it was me, because it was me, but far more me than I was in this life.... time and space is silly while in our greater presence... In this life I am a "definition", while overall I am I in a far more intense way... our higher self is very much in tune with itself and is very clear as to who we currently are... we're presently just a very very restrained definition within a very particular lifetime... we wake back up to ourselves when this story ends... this is the case for each of us...

What is not even close? What exactly do 'you' mean by oversoul.? Do you mean that you connected with your own soul? L