Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Experiencer
Between Incarnations

One of the best surveys of the death and after-death processes is by the late Geoffrey Farthing, a British Theosophist. His knowledge is based on that of HP Blavatsky and her Adept gurus.

http://www.theosophical.ca/books/Aft..._GFarthing.pdf
Old 05-10-2010, 02:12 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
One of the best surveys of the death and after-death processes is by the late Geoffrey Farthing, a British Theosophist. His knowledge is based on that of HP Blavatsky and her Adept gurus.

http://www.theosophical.ca/books/AfterDeathConsciousnessAndProcesses_GFarthing.pdf

Would that be of better guidance than the words of spiritually evolved teachers and guides? Theosophy is a man-made, actually woman-made, following....

Much guidance on life before, after and between incarnations may be found without needing such compilations.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Would that be of better guidance than the words of spiritually evolved teachers and guides? Theosophy is a man-made, actually woman-made, following....

Much guidance on life before, after and between incarnations may be found without needing such compilations.

Of course you can deny it or maybe you just did not read closely - "and her Adept gurus." Blavatsky's gurus knew from personal insight what death & after was all about. Not to mention their wisdom regarding all things occult & spiritual.

Yes, guidance is all over the place, but is it accurate, is it trustworthy & true? Not much of it.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:20 AM
mac

Quote:
Of course you can deny it or maybe you just did not read closely - "and her Adept gurus." Blavatsky's gurus knew from personal insight what death & after was all about. Not to mention their wisdom regarding all things occult & spiritual.

Yes, guidance is all over the place, but is it accurate, is it trustworthy & true? Not much of it.

I read every word of your posting - the gurus were no more held in high regard than Madame Blavatsky as I recall. Whether that was deserved is for the historians or those who have an interest to judge - for me it is not important. When you speak of the occult, though, my heart sinks....

I disagree that guidance is all over the place. What we hear are claimed channelling of 'ascended masters' and the like whose words add nothing to those delivered many decades ago by sources who were widely regarded as reliable and trustworthy. Presently I am not aware of any comparable spiritually-evolved teachers.

But, then, what would pearls of wisdom, what insight into life before and after death, would we, could we. should we expect from contemporary gurus?

What do we think they might know that hasn't already been told?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I read every word of your posting - the gurus were no more held in high regard than Madame Blavatsky as I recall. Whether that was deserved is for the historians or those who have an interest to judge - for me it is not important. When you speak of the occult, though, my heart sinks....

I disagree that guidance is all over the place. What we hear are claimed channelling of 'ascended masters' and the like whose words add nothing to those delivered many decades ago by sources who were widely regarded as reliable and trustworthy. Presently I am not aware of any comparable spiritually-evolved teachers.

But, then, what would pearls of wisdom, what insight into life before and after death, would we, could we. should we expect from contemporary gurus?

What do we think they might know that hasn't already been told?

Those who knew HPB & her Gurus considered them as much wiser than she - as did she herself.

It is not clear to me if you think anyone has ever really known the truth about death & after. Kindly give some teachings from those you think did know or say you doubt anyone knows. Oh, and what is with this "sinking heart" at the word "occult" - it just means hidden - nothing bad.

Last edited by Skull : 06-10-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:55 AM
mac

Quote:
Those who knew HPB & her Gurus considered them as much wiser than she - as did she herself.

It is not clear to me if you think anyone has ever really known the truth about death & after. Kindly give some teachings from those you think did know or say you doubt anyone knows. Oh, and what is with this "sinking heart" at the word "occult" - it just means hidden - nothing bad.

Well those who admired her would say that... And she in turn about her helpers. But that's of no real interest for me. I leave that to those who are.

Maybe another time I will comment on those whose words I find totally persuasive. Tonight it's just a general discussion.

Occult? I didn't mean it's bad, it's just something I find trite... Occult and spiritual are not natural bedfellows I feel.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Experiencer
"Spiritual" is hardly patent or obvious, neither is "occult" - so....

Anyway, we all just follow our best lights.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Summerland

Skull, I am sorry, but none of that rings any bells of familiarity with me. I have quite clear recollections of many of my past lives and the times following death and in what I call"Summerland". I was never stripped of anything, in fact quite the opposite. I could feel the harm and pain that I caused to others, I was aware of the good deeds of that life. I chose my future life and those lives very often were to try to make amends for the wrongs that I did. I am not talking about crimes against the law (except for the time that I was burned as a witch); I am talking about choices that disregarded the emotional pain that I was inflicting on loved ones.
I thank you for offering all of that information, but at this point I will stay with what I recall and remember.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Greenslade

That's the trouble when we adopt someone else's Truth as our own. Blavatsky' gurus might have been very aware of what death and the Afterlife was like - for them. It's a pretty big Universe out there.

When you stop making gurus Life gets a little bit easier, you start making your own sense of the Universe and see it through your own eyes. Perhaps instead of believing Geoffrey Farthing's Truth you could be spending better time and energy finding your own? These boards are scattered with little nuggets - people's own personal experiences.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
That's the trouble when we adopt someone else's Truth as our own. Blavatsky' gurus might have been very aware of what death and the Afterlife was like - for them. It's a pretty big Universe out there.

When you stop making gurus Life gets a little bit easier, you start making your own sense of the Universe and see it through your own eyes. Perhaps instead of believing Geoffrey Farthing's Truth you could be spending better time and energy finding your own? These boards are scattered with little nuggets - people's own personal experiences.

Ah, beloved ole "personal experience". It is refreshing to know that anybody can comprehend the truth of death & after via "personal experience".

After all, do we not understand the truth of incarnation via "personal" avenues; like the fully trustworthy senses and our fully enlightened mind.

Not for me, thank you very much. Truth is where one find's it and I find much more from the Masters of Wisdom, such as HPB's gurus, Je Tsongkhapa, Buddha, Shankara etc. then my befuddled persona.

Besides, all insights into truth come via our own "personal experience" anyway. Whether the source is "objective" or "subjective", it is our mind that accepts or rejects it. To assume that "our" separate, solitary insight is superior to "Their" insight is silly. Such dualistic thinking is a major delusion anyway.

So if folks wish to exclude that portion of universal mind that is thought to be "other" and rely only on "our" mind - so be it.

As for "making gurus" - come now - what is the guru if one rejects all sources of wisdom that is not me? Right - "I" or "Me" is the guru. Good luck with that.