Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 19-03-2013, 01:39 PM
pretas.and.devas

Demons or Ghosts|What is the Difference?

Hello all,

I'm interested in finding out how people understand the difference between ghosts and demons as well as how people define demons in general. There is a cursory post on my blog but it needs a lot of work.

Looking forward to hearing your replies.
Old 19-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Newbie ;)

People think of "ghosts" as humans who once had lived but are now dead, and originate from lower planes where it is supposedly easier to "haunt" people on earth.
"Demons" are usually defined as malicious, non-human beings. As in, they never lived a human life.
I believe this is how most people think of them.
Old 19-03-2013, 02:00 PM
LumberingLumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal Dream
People think of "ghosts" as humans who once had lived but are now dead, and originate from lower planes where it is supposedly easier to "haunt" people on earth.
"Demons" are usually defined as malicious, non-human beings. As in, they never lived a human life.
I believe this is how most people think of them.

Now that's a good explanation, I guess I never really thought about it that way, maybe that's why they seem so malicious, its hard to value life when you've never lived.
I can't say I believe in demons per say, rather that there are entity's out there that seem demonic to us, just as there are gods and spirits in every faith that embody both the light and dark side of an idea or concept.
Old 19-03-2013, 02:15 PM
pretas.and.devas

Thanks for your replies guys. I have to admit that I believe in rebirth so the idea that there are beings who have never been human doesn't sit well with me. Still, since I don't yet know these things for myself I guess anything is possible. I seem to recall that Christianity didn't come to regard demons in such a black and white manner until much later in its evolution. Anyway, thanks again!
Old 19-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretas.and.devas
Thanks for your replies guys. I have to admit that I believe in rebirth so the idea that there are beings who have never been human doesn't sit well with me. Still, since I don't yet know these things for myself I guess anything is possible. I seem to recall that Christianity didn't come to regard demons in such a black and white manner until much later in its evolution. Anyway, thanks again!

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm also trying to figure out this whole "lower planes" thing, because I feel if you were or did something that awful your soul would reincarnate to set it straight... something like that. Or maybe it just chooses not to, and ends up there accordingly. I believe in both an afterlife (where it is still possible to ascend) and rebirth, and that's is the only part that's the hardest to reconcile.
Where did you learn that bit about Christianity and demons? I haven't heard of that and I'm curious. What did they think of demons beforehand, neutral spiritual beings?
Old 19-03-2013, 05:56 PM
pretas.and.devas

Ethereal Dream,

I believe it was the Gnostics and is related to the whole idea of the demi-urge. Then again, I could be mistaken. Let me look into it and I'll get back to you. Thanks again for your reply and be well!
Old 19-03-2013, 09:36 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretas.and.devas
Ethereal Dream,

I believe it was the Gnostics and is related to the whole idea of the demi-urge. Then again, I could be mistaken. Let me look into it and I'll get back to you. Thanks again for your reply and be well!

Greetings Everyone:

It was the Gnostics.

In my Tradition--there are a whole host of various beings/Beings on the Astral Plane. We frown upon Channeling--because we believe that only a negative being would condescend to actually enter a corporeal being and (generally speaking) it would be for a selfish reason--which probably couldn't end well.

I am an Empath who can speak to the Others--but it is my empathy that lets me know if I am dealing with a being of shadow--or a being of light.

It has been my experience that we take our personalities with us to the other side--along w/ all of our tendencies. Beings/beings of any level can be either negative--or positive--or somewhere in between.

Peace and Love on your path to doing your own research and forming your own conclusions...

Blessed be...
Old 20-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Experiencer
My personal belief is that spirits start as a blank slate and they can either chose the path of ignorance which leads away from love and God into fear and other harmfull thoughts for the soul or they can chose development with leads to a better understanding of love and compation and leads them closer to God. I also believe in rebirth as necessary for such development.

Souls that are confused and huring, who's consciousness is heavy with destructive thoughts, are usually those that haunt. They vibrate in a state which is more similar to this physical reality and so they are more seen. What people call devil are souls that take pleasure in their ignorant ways, in their evil thoughts, though it's an infimous, false pleasure.

Every soul has the capacity to develop, though by free will, some seem to eternally want to stay undeveloped.
Old 17-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Hitachi

In my belief/experience, the difference between ghosts and demons is this:

Ghosts are imprints of human energy that were left here by heavily traumatic emotions or other events that caused such a strong energy that it left the image of itself. The other is a dead human being that has not passed on peacefully and remains on this Earth as a sort of "half-being."

Demons are spirits that were never human, although commonly represented as malicious or the bearers or all evil- I don't believe they're evil at all. The concept of "evil" itself is manipulated by the morals and beliefs of those who decide it. Demons simply have a knack for scaring people, because people fear what they don't understand. Some of them are bad, yes, but any species can be like that. I've heard of humans far more evil than any demon, just with less capability.
Old 17-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Endless_Love_2_you

Ghosts are humans that have passed ,demons are from a source of evil (: