Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 26-08-2012, 06:03 PM
BiLLz

What did I do wrong?

The last few weeks I've been trying to astral project with no luck. A few nights back I finally got to the vibration stage, thanks to the rope technique, but got to excited and it went away. Last night however I was lying in bed and started to feel the vibration stage again. I just kept thinking about climbing and climbing then, BAM! I felt my body jerk, my ears popped and I started to hear a low pitch whistle sound. This image of an aztec looking sun with a demon face appeared. I was still trying to understand what was going on so I kept looking until it freaked me out so much I opened my eyes. I thought I saw something by my bedside so I closed them again. At this point it felt like I was having a bad trip from drugs or something. I started to see this tunnel with designs all around the inside and I bright light at the end. But before I knew it this tunnel vanished and went back into scary faces. I then snapped out of it and shot up in bed waking my girlfriend up from being so creeped out. It certainly wasn't what I've read would happen around the internet. I want to experience astral projection really bad But I don't think I want to really see what I saw again to get there. It was pretty horrifying at the time.
Old 26-08-2012, 06:17 PM
earthatic

You're astral projecting...that's what you're doing wrong! Not all of the experiences are going to be pleasant :P -- they usually won't if you cannot manage your own emotions (fear). This interaction/experience will be full of abstract representations that respond to your own state of mind, intentions, emotions, ect...
Old 26-08-2012, 06:29 PM
BiLLz

Ok I see what you're saying. It was cool since I had my doubts at first honestly. I know truly know it is possible. I think what got me was my fear of not knowing what would happen since it was my first time. Next time hopefully I can keep my composure and enjoy myself.
Old 26-08-2012, 06:48 PM
earthatic

Easier said than done, my friend. Sometimes it can feel like these emotions are imposed on you while you are only semi-aware. The negative forms that you experience can have a profoundly menacing edge to them... it can easily cause you to panic if you're not prepared. It's very important to remain mindful.

I hope your next interaction is more positive. :]
Old 27-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLz
The last few weeks I've been trying to astral project with no luck. A few nights back I finally got to the vibration stage, thanks to the rope technique, but got to excited and it went away. Last night however I was lying in bed and started to feel the vibration stage again. I just kept thinking about climbing and climbing then, BAM! I felt my body jerk, my ears popped and I started to hear a low pitch whistle sound. This image of an aztec looking sun with a demon face appeared. I was still trying to understand what was going on so I kept looking until it freaked me out so much I opened my eyes. I thought I saw something by my bedside so I closed them again. At this point it felt like I was having a bad trip from drugs or something. I started to see this tunnel with designs all around the inside and I bright light at the end. But before I knew it this tunnel vanished and went back into scary faces. I then snapped out of it and shot up in bed waking my girlfriend up from being so creeped out. It certainly wasn't what I've read would happen around the internet. I want to experience astral projection really bad But I don't think I want to really see what I saw again to get there. It was pretty horrifying at the time.

As others said you can't expect on your first projection to go to the highest of planes and visit Angels and heavenly beings. Most APers won't ever experience this, only a small portion of people can resonate a high enough vibration to make it to these parts of the planes. I am not saying it won't ever happen, I am saying you just can't expect this to happen on your first projections or anytime in the near future. It takes months or years to break through to the next level of planes and it happens in stages. Every couple months or years you will have a projection that you will go further than you have ever gone before.

You mentioned something along the lines of "It seemed like a bad trip." So my question to you is are you a drug user? If so this could explain why you already are seeing scary things. Using drugs anywhere near the time of projecting (even days before) can alter your vibrational frequency and typically will make it low so that dark beings, entities, Negs whatever you want to call them will be attracted to you. So to sum it up don't drink or use drugs anywhere near your attempts to project, it is unwise in more than one way. It is very likely you saw this face because it is a sign you need to mentally prepare yourself for what may or may not be on the other side of that tunnel. You need to prepare yourself for the so-called Boogie-man.. And I am not saying that is what is on the other side, but if it is you need to know how to control your emotions and reaction. Specifically being fearful responses, otherwise you will just attract them even more. If you are already running into fears it would be a good idea to slow down and deal with them.
Old 27-08-2012, 02:01 AM
BiLLz

That makes sense. I do understand that I'm not going to be able to just explore it up just yet. Just looking to dip my toes into it. Not really a heavy drinker or drug user though. Took a couple painkillers yesterday though for my back. Didn't really know that could really effect the process. So thank you for that information. I should slow it down and just take this thing one step at a time.
Old 27-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator
We're explorers in a world most people don't know about. We're equivalent to the "Round Earth" people in a time when everyone thought the Earth was flat. Discovering new worlds, discovering we can actually tread in another dimension in full consciousness and bring knowledge back with us, is always going to have its ups and downs. "Raising your personal vibrations" before venturing out is always a good idea. Some people may use prayer, others other methods. As a quick example...Love, hope, joy, peacefulness, noble thoughts, heartfelt emotion of a good nature beautiful music....all raise your vibrations. It might not sound like your thing....I don't know, but doing something like Angel meditations every evening before sleep might help. Fear, nervousness, thoughts about demons or vampires, anger, lust etc....are all lower level vibrations. So choose what baggage you carry before you go out.
Old 28-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
We're explorers in a world most people don't know about. We're equivalent to the "Round Earth" people in a time when everyone thought the Earth was flat. Discovering new worlds, discovering we can actually tread in another dimension in full consciousness and bring knowledge back with us, is always going to have its ups and downs. "Raising your personal vibrations" before venturing out is always a good idea. Some people may use prayer, others other methods. As a quick example...Love, hope, joy, peacefulness, noble thoughts, heartfelt emotion of a good nature beautiful music....all raise your vibrations. It might not sound like your thing....I don't know, but doing something like Angel meditations every evening before sleep might help. Fear, nervousness, thoughts about demons or vampires, anger, lust etc....are all lower level vibrations. So choose what baggage you carry before you go out.

You can also learn to raise your vibration through meditation and projecting itself. I have done it several times during a projection I hit what I call the ceiling effect. Basically after flying up into the plane you will hit an impassible ceiling that you cannot cross through. This is basically there because either A. you are not prepared for what is on the other side, or B. your vibration is not at the right frequency for the next level. So when this has happened on a few occasions when I wasn't too pleased with where I was stuck and had no urge to explore the place I found myself I would meditate and experience another vibrational stage. Shed my astral body into one of my higher vibrational bodies and break through the ceiling to the next level of planes. Some people don't subscribe to us having more subtle bodies than etheric & astral but I firmly believe we have many more and my experiences seem to confirm that with me.