Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 21-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
First off lucid dreaming IS astral projection, the only difference is sometimes we don't remember exiting our body.

Perhaps it's a minor point, but I don't agree with you here, AE. In my experience I may find myself in a lucid dream or in astral awareness and I know the difference by my sense of it, yet I'm almost never aware of exiting, either way.

Xan

I mentioned in the topic about my experience (the link in my first post) that I 'felt myself leave my body', I do this very frequently but everytime i've had no control and been too much in a sleep state to do anything about it. Since it's always from my dreams, i'd wake up in the morning and know i'm on my bed but then i'd feel i'd start floating around my room. I could never open my eyes however or see anything. This experience is the first time my eyes have been open but I strongly don't think this is AP.

My reason being is when i awoke in sleep paralysis, i floated upwards out of my body and was 100% aware of this like you are aware reading this. I snapped back because I was afraid. Hah i opened my eyes actually with my physical body BEFORE i was fully connected back in my body (i was still floating back down) and i felt so giddy and sick. I had to shut my eyes temporarily and wait to come back as everything was just spinning. Don't open your physical body eyes when you're out of your body lol
Old 21-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Master
In the 'dream' I rolled off my bed (i could feel this) and through the floor, I felt as if an opening in vision was getting bigger and bigger but it was hard to see. I ended up just flying through walls and down the street until I would snap back to my body.

More things happened in the house like the living room was a different room and I felt that something was in the wardrobe. It had a bag hanging out so I pulled on it and got sucked in and returned to my body again.

i felt very light and I was more floating around than walking.

These kinds of experiences and sensations are common among those who practice astral projection but not in dreaming. Particularly significant is your awareness that you were going out of and returning to the body.

The difference between dreaming and projection is, dreams are in the confines of the mind whereas astral projection is in different dimensions of reality with their own senses and laws of movement and so on.

Xan

Old 21-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique
I mentioned in the topic about my experience (the link in my first post) that I 'felt myself leave my body', I do this very frequently but everytime i've had no control and been too much in a sleep state to do anything about it. Since it's always from my dreams, i'd wake up in the morning and know i'm on my bed but then i'd feel i'd start floating around my room. I could never open my eyes however or see anything. This experience is the first time my eyes have been open but I strongly don't think this is AP.

My reason being is when i awoke in sleep paralysis, i floated upwards out of my body and was 100% aware of this like you are aware reading this. I snapped back because I was afraid. Hah i opened my eyes actually with my physical body BEFORE i was fully connected back in my body (i was still floating back down) and i felt so giddy and sick. I had to shut my eyes temporarily and wait to come back as everything was just spinning. Don't open your physical body eyes when you're out of your body lol

Right... In the astral plane we have a different kind of non-physical vision, which may be clear or fuzzy or dark. We may clear it by giving a command like, "I can see now." or some such.

Sleep paralysis is a phase between in and out of body, being aware of the physical but separated from it so that you can't willfully move.

I snapped back ... i opened my eyes actually with my physical body BEFORE i was fully connected back in my body (i was still floating back down) and i felt so giddy and sick. ... i floated upwards out of my body and was 100% aware of this ... wait to come back as everything was just spinning.

Remnantique... These are typical descriptions of astral projection experiences in the planes close to the physical and local (at least in the beginning) whether on purpose or spontaneous as yours was.

You may not recognize it as ap because of preconceptions you have but that's it, my friend.

From this you might want to learn more from reading, or just explore and learn as you go.

My favorites are William Buhlman's two books.

Xan

Old 21-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Right... In the astral plane we have a different kind of non-physical vision, which may be clear or fuzzy or dark. We may clear it by giving a command like, "I can see now." or some such.

Sleep paralysis is a phase between in and out of body, being aware of the physical but separated from it so that you can't willfully move.

I snapped back ... i opened my eyes actually with my physical body BEFORE i was fully connected back in my body (i was still floating back down) and i felt so giddy and sick. ... i floated upwards out of my body and was 100% aware of this ... wait to come back as everything was just spinning.

Remantique... These are typical descriptions of astral projection experiences in the planes close to the physical and local (at least in the beginning) whether on purpose or spontaneous as yours was.

You may not recognize it as ap because of preconceptions you have but that's it, my friend.

From this you might want to learn more from reading, or just explore and learn as you go.

Xan

It's really AP??? This is GREAT news ^_^, If this is completely true then I need to work on building up my awareness in the astral world as right now i'm controlling my body in a way which doesn't feel like..i am? lol if that makes sense, but you know what...since it is AP then perhaps i'll become instantly more aware meaning next time i'm in the same place i'll be able to think more clearly. I've never seen any entites in the astral world though and i've never got to the astral world from any other method than dreams/in between waking up and never when I lie down to deliberately leave my body.

Something doesn't have me 100% sure though, i believe you about what i've described is typical astral experiences but it doesn't explain why the time i tried leaving my body from sleep paralysis i was 100% aware but whenever it's from dreams it's hazy because i can't properly distinguish which is which since i seem to frequently go from dream -> dream -> astral -> dream etc

Perhaps i just answering my own question lol One thing I know for sure is once i fully AP from sleep paralysis or from lying down, if it feels exactly the same than last night did then i'll know for sure i did AP. I'll get back to you on it lol This is all so exciting = D
Old 21-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Master
Yep... pretty exciting adventure all right, with more to come.

It helps to set a clear intention ahead of time, for what you want to accomplish or explore, or a destination or person you want to go to.

Xan