Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Trace

My Dobe said goodbye

I was certain of human souls progressing into the afterlife, but I wasn't certain of animals. I am absolutely sure now. This is what happened...........

About 3 yrs ago, I had to have my 8yo Dobe euthanased as he cardiomyopathy which I was aware the day would come when I would have to make the decision. He was my best friend, loved him to bits.I always used to tell him out loud that when his time came, my deceased dogloving grandparents would come and take him to look after him. Just before I took him to the vets, my husband took a photo of him and there are 2 orbs in the photo with him. Never had an orbs in photos of him before.

I stayed with him while he passed away and witnessed something very unusual. After he took his last breath I saw his body rise up from tail to head in a a fluid like motion, like a wave. It wasnt a muscle spasm. I thought immediately that I had seen his spirit leave his body. Then I had a human spirit that was with me at the time say to me that his ' mist had risen up to around my face and my dog said "thankyou for my life" and then continued up to the ceiling and disappears. As I cried in the waiting room after, I felt this spirits hand on my back stroking my back and comforting me. At that time I arranged to have his body cremated so that I could have him at home in a lovely wooden box. They told me I would have him back by the end of the week.

One week went by then another and the vet was not hearing too much from the company. Then 3 weeks and I started to think they had lost him. I was downhearted and was trying to come to terms with they had stuffed up. Apparently they had run out of the nice wooden boxes and had to have more made.However this wasnt relayed to me.

3 weeks later I woken up one night early hours of the morning by a very distinct single bark right in my left ear. Now I dont believe it was a bark heard audibly because it seemed like a very loud thought bark. I woke wide awake immediately. I sat up in bed and listened but nothing. I knew the bark and started to cry. It was my "Blade's" bark that he used to do if he wanted my attention for a biscuit or to go outside. I woke my husband to see if he heard it and he got annoyed for me waking him I think. He joked and said "poltergeist dog". I silently cried myself to sleep because I thought I would never hear that bark again and I missed him. I know I wasnt dreaming as the bark was all I heard and I never dream of pets or family.

The next morning first thing I received a phone call from the vets. They said my Blade had arrived and I could come and pick him up and take him home.
I knew straight away then that was my dog coming to say goodbye for the last time. It was closure for me. This was just too much of a cooincidence after 3 weeks to have this happen the night before.
I feel so honoured that my dog would do this for me one last time and I am eternally grateful for my spirit friend to tell me that my dog said ' thankyou for my life' as naturally I was hurting to have had to make a decision like I did. When the spirit told me this, it was like this huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. All the sadness went away with those words. I even think that if my dog didnt even say that and the spirit just said those words to me, what a wonderful thing to say at such a time. I really needed that..........

I cant wait till the day when Im a spirit and have all my animals back with me.
Old 15-05-2011, 05:01 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace
I was certain of human souls progressing into the afterlife, but I wasn't certain of animals. I am absolutely sure now. This is what happened...........

About 3 yrs ago, I had to have my 8yo Dobe euthanased as he cardiomyopathy which I was aware the day would come when I would have to make the decision. He was my best friend, loved him to bits.I always used to tell him out loud that when his time came, my deceased dogloving grandparents would come and take him to look after him. Just before I took him to the vets, my husband took a photo of him and there are 2 orbs in the photo with him. Never had an orbs in photos of him before.

I stayed with him while he passed away and witnessed something very unusual. After he took his last breath I saw his body rise up from tail to head in a a fluid like motion, like a wave. It wasnt a muscle spasm. I thought immediately that I had seen his spirit leave his body. Then I had a human spirit that was with me at the time say to me that his ' mist had risen up to around my face and my dog said "thankyou for my life" and then continued up to the ceiling and disappears. As I cried in the waiting room after, I felt this spirits hand on my back stroking my back and comforting me. At that time I arranged to have his body cremated so that I could have him at home in a lovely wooden box. They told me I would have him back by the end of the week.

One week went by then another and the vet was not hearing too much from the company. Then 3 weeks and I started to think they had lost him. I was downhearted and was trying to come to terms with they had stuffed up. Apparently they had run out of the nice wooden boxes and had to have more made.However this wasnt relayed to me.

3 weeks later I woken up one night early hours of the morning by a very distinct single bark right in my left ear. Now I dont believe it was a bark heard audibly because it seemed like a very loud thought bark. I woke wide awake immediately. I sat up in bed and listened but nothing. I knew the bark and started to cry. It was my "Blade's" bark that he used to do if he wanted my attention for a biscuit or to go outside. I woke my husband to see if he heard it and he got annoyed for me waking him I think. He joked and said "poltergeist dog". I silently cried myself to sleep because I thought I would never hear that bark again and I missed him. I know I wasnt dreaming as the bark was all I heard and I never dream of pets or family.

The next morning first thing I received a phone call from the vets. They said my Blade had arrived and I could come and pick him up and take him home.
I knew straight away then that was my dog coming to say goodbye for the last time. It was closure for me. This was just too much of a cooincidence after 3 weeks to have this happen the night before.
I feel so honoured that my dog would do this for me one last time and I am eternally grateful for my spirit friend to tell me that my dog said ' thankyou for my life' as naturally I was hurting to have had to make a decision like I did. When the spirit told me this, it was like this huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. All the sadness went away with those words. I even think that if my dog didnt even say that and the spirit just said those words to me, what a wonderful thing to say at such a time. I really needed that..........

I cant wait till the day when Im a spirit and have all my animals back with me.

What a beautiful story! I've had visitations from companion animals who have crossed over, also. And my friend Dannion Brinkley told me they go to the same place we do, and that they wait for us to join them there, and when we do, it's a big party. I believe him Of course dogs have souls. They're living beings, thus an indiviudalized aspect of the ALL, just as we are. Hold onto the good memories of your sweet Blade, and know that he waits for you. You can talk to him (and he to you!) anytime you like. Huggggsssssssssss!
Old 15-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Knower
What a lovely story...Blade sounds like a wonderful dog. Love Dobe's...they are so protective of their owners and I am amazed how fantastic they are with babies. My friend has one and he makes sure the other dog in the family doesn't come near that baby .He stands watch all the time...have a wonderful day.
Old 15-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Babes

Hi Trace,
I love your message about your Blade, I love dogs too and have lost mine in the pass I've never been as lucky as you to here from them, I have seen them around and i know they are with me.
Your store has really touch me and I am glad that you know he has not left you.
Babes.
Old 19-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Knower
A wonderful story, I love animal spirit stories, especially of the waggy tailed variety :-)
Old 23-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Knower
Thumbs up dobbie

how beautiful " thank you for my life " ahh bless how special is that x
Old 27-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Pheonix

That was a gorgeous story. I've had the family pet jumping on the bed, a visit from my then inlaw aunts cat and my own cat came to see me.

Just wait until you see him next, you'll cry tears of joy.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:12 AM
serenadracis

What a beautiful story! I've had similar experiences and fully empathize with how you felt. It's always given me such reassurance to feel the presence of an animal that passed.

Thank you for sharing your tale, Blade sounds like he was a wonderful dog.

Serena Dracis