Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 26-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Knower

Vedic Astrology?

I've recently convinced myself that western astrology is not as accurate and should ditch it. I'm a pisces sun in Western Tropical and aquarius sun in sidereal/Vedic. Although I'm still very close to pisces and have many piscean traits I still think aquarius represents me better. But many sources say Vedic astrology is more about your moon and not sun. Is that correct? So for example my moon is cancer in Vedic astrology should I say I'm cancer instead of aquarius? And if this is the case my ''pisces'' traits might actually be cancer. My Mars, Mercury and Saturn is also in pisces. I don't know maybe I just messed the entire thing up right now haha.

One other thing that bothers me is my nakshatra. It's ashlesha, and I don't know, I cannot relate to it. Any ideas?

Last edited by LoGronn : 26-01-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 28-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGronn
I've recently convinced myself that western astrology is not as accurate and should ditch it. I'm a pisces sun in Western Tropical and aquarius sun in sidereal/Vedic. Although I'm still very close to pisces and have many piscean traits I still think aquarius represents me better. But many sources say Vedic astrology is more about your moon and not sun. Is that correct? So for example my moon is cancer in Vedic astrology should I say I'm cancer instead of aquarius? And if this is the case my ''pisces'' traits might actually be cancer. My Mars, Mercury and Saturn is also in pisces. I don't know maybe I just messed the entire thing up right now haha.

One other thing that bothers me is my nakshatra. It's ashlesha, and I don't know, I cannot relate to it. Any ideas?

Both systems work, but I'm a big fan of Vedic Astrology. Only Vedic Astrology has the nakshatra (lunar constellation) and dasha (planetary time periods) system and it goes into greater detail with amazing results. Modern astrologers are combining things from both systems.

You can get a great introduction to Vedic Astrology through Kapiel Raaj's very entertaining videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/KRSchannel There are videos in other languages too and by other astrologers. It's all for free too.

My research on the nakshatras is not traditional and it doesn't tell you the basics of using them for a horoscope, but I have made some amazing discoveries related to the chakras. Vedic Astrology or "jyotish" is "the eyes of the Vedas" - revealing esoteric truths about the scriptures.

In case you're interested here are my website and Facebook page.
Old 28-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Both systems work, but I'm a big fan of Vedic Astrology. Only Vedic Astrology has the nakshatra (lunar constellation) and dasha (planetary time periods) system and it goes into greater detail with amazing results. Modern astrologers are combining things from both systems.

You can get a great introduction to Vedic Astrology through Kapiel Raaj's very entertaining videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/KRSchannel There are videos in other languages too and by other astrologers. It's all for free too.

My research on the nakshatras is not traditional and it doesn't tell you the basics of using them for a horoscope, but I have made some amazing discoveries related to the chakras. Vedic Astrology or "jyotish" is "the eyes of the Vedas" - revealing esoteric truths about the scriptures.

In case you're interested here are my website and Facebook page.

Thank you very much Uma!
Old 21-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
There are videos in other languages too and by other astrologers. It's all for free too.

Nice of you to give the Info.
Old 21-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Master
I agree with Uma that both systems work.

I prefer Western Astrology but that is what feels right to me. The way I use it works for what I need to do.

It is like 2 different languages. If you are talking to someone about astrology, you would clarify what system you are using if there is a question.
Old 22-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Knower
I have practiced both systems and like both immensely.

The transits of the outer planets and the time system of progressions are a great asset in the western style.

While the dasha (planetary periods) of the hindu astrology is great.

But one should be a bit careful if one is mixing the two systems imo.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Newbie ;)

JYOTISHA VIDYA

(The Divine Science of Vedic Astrology)

The Hindu saints wrote many spiritual and religious scriptures, which are dated more than 5000 years ago. Some of these scriptures have been preserved till today, written on Palm leaves. One of the branches of the ancient Hindu Vedic scriptures deals with the astral science of the influence of planets on human lives, the atmosphere and the effects on the world. The Hindu saints wrote down about the effects and influences of all the planets and stars, and that how one could calculate and determine the stellar influences on every individual, basis the time of birth, and their subsequent karma.

To call this ancient divine science ‘Astrology’ is actually ridiculing it and undermining the depth, wisdom and the spiritual significance of the holy scriptures of the Hindu culture and civilization.

But there is no other English word for it in the oxford dictionary.

The Hindu Vedic science of Jyotisha Vidya, which in broad term we call astrology, is really a spiritual path to be followed as directed by the Guru. It is written in the Hindu Vedic scriptures that “Jyotisha is the eye of the Vedas” No doubt this science is so amazing that if interpreted properly, it can give you the most accurate outline of your entire life. The evidence of this can be seen in the ancient Palm leaves, called “Nadi Shastra” in which, if your leaf was found, it would have your name, your parent’s names, your spouse’s names and your date, time, place of birth and every other detail of your life would be written there! Mind you, these leaves were written more than 5000 years ago by the enlightened saints. Amazing? True.

The Hindu Vedic astrology teaches you the virtues of wisdom, truth, being religious, righteousness, understanding the karmic effects and tolerance. It gives you a complete spiritual insight about your life, and the best direction for your practical and worldly life. It also gives you various remedial measures, which includes austerities, charities to the poor, specific prayers to minimize evils, and many other religious procedures, which are mentioned in the Holy Scriptures.

The western world take astrology at a very materialistic level, wanting to know their lucky numbers, lucky colors, best days, when to play lotto, or matching the Sun signs for relationships etc. etc. and is basically predictive, (Most often wrong) and therefore gives a very superfluous impression. It’s another matter that the western system is widely known and practiced the world over (Since it is easy) and grossly commercialized, and therefore looks to be very shady.

The Jyotish Vidya (Hindu Vedic astrology) is an important part of the spiritual way of life as described in the scriptures. This talks about your karma, about sins and good deeds and the subsequent results. This spiritual science also guides a person to a righteous way of life, tells you about specific mantras and prayers that one should do, it tells you about devotion to God, and being pure by thought, action and deed. The enlightened saints wrote about the remedial measures and spiritual practices to overcome the difficulties in life and to overcome bad karma. They mentioned about Astral Gemstones, about herbs, about mantras and yantras (Talismans), but much importance is given to prayers, charities, donations, offerings to the helpless and disabled, feeding the poor and leading a spiritual life.

No concept of the Hindus exists without God, righteousness and prayers. Even in the worldly way of life, a person would begin the day with special prayers. Womanizing, alcohol and non vegetarian food are forbidden as they are considered to be a sin. The scriptures teach you to humble your ego and control your desires. It teaches you to strive for God realization and liberation of the soul.

Therefore the Hindu Vedic astrology is a spiritual path of its own, which helps you in the worldly life by giving you a true guideline towards your destiny as per your karma, and then leads you on to your Dharma, so that eventually you seek the divine light.

The last four chapters of your horoscope deals with Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. Dharma is your spiritual duty, Artha is your righteous way of work, Kama is completion of desires, and lastly Moksha means liberation, merging with the divine.

Some other divine sciences that the Hindu spiritual scriptures mention are – Yoga, Ayurveda, Healing through Mantras, Vaastu Shastra, Mudra Shastra, Dhyana (meditation) and Kavacham.

Yoga is a complete spiritual science. The 8 tenets of yoga deals with disciplined life, controlling of desires, non violence, righteousness, celibacy and non materialistic life. It requires the student to do spiritual study, develop non attachment, humbling your ego and be religious. It further deals with the yogic postures, Pranayama and meditation. The sole objective of the yogi should be God realization.
Sage Patanjali wrote the ancient scripture called Patanjali yog sutras.

Samhitas are part of the Vedas and saint Charaka wrote down the divine science of Ayurveda. This science deals with healing through herbs, and following a spiritual dietary life. The saint mentioned that some herbs have amazing healing powers while some kinds of food could be bad for the body and the mind. One of the most astonishing part of this spiritual science is the ability to diagnose any disease by merely holding the hand and feeling the pulse of the person.

Mantras are powerful chants that can heal ailments and help solve practical problems on day to day life. Mantras are mentioned in the Vedic scripture called Mantra Chintamani.

Vaastu Shastra is a chapter of Jyotish Vidya of the Rig Veda which deals with the cosmic energies that affect of your home or office.

Mudra Shastra is a healing science of the Yogic system.

Kavacham are spiritual talismans called Yantras which are holy inscriptions made on copper plates for healing and protection.

These divine sciences are the practices of the Hindu spiritual life and are a part of the Hindu religious scriptures. The Hindu religion not only deals with paths towards God but also spiritual healing sciences.

“Science is the study of creation. Spirituality is studying the Creator”
... By Dr. Rakesh [email protected]