Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Pathfinder
Question does spirituality let you access more than 10 percent of your brain

Just watched Lucy. Great movie by the way. I was wondering, If we ever get out of our physical body during astral projection, does that mean we reach more then 10 percent of our brain when our 6th sense is activated.
Old 28-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Seeker
I'm not sure about the 6th sense and where in the brain it comes from, possibly the pineal gland? I do know however that using 10 percent of a brain is actually a myth and there is no evidence to back that statement up at all. The way I see it is if we were only using 10% of our brains does that mean 90% could be damaged and we'd still be fine...? No. If any part of our brain is damaged there is likely to be consequences because of it. I know that doesn't help answer your question much but it's always good to know more information :)
Old 28-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Ascender
I think they meant the 10% as an estimate sort of as a metaphor that we have not fully utilized the brain power we have. Seriously psychic kevin i am interested to know that too. I feel like i am operating at 11% (*kidding!)

Though i noticed how its easier for me to understand things now and i kind of have a different perspective to things. Like seeing some underlying meaning to events, stories, etc.
Old 28-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Suspended

lf we are outside our bodies l don't think we're using the physical brain - more like the astral brain in the astral body.
l think it's more accurate to say that the majority of us only use 10 percent of our Consciousness.
Old 29-07-2014, 02:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicKevin
Just watched Lucy. Great movie by the way. I was wondering, If we ever get out of our physical body during astral projection, does that mean we reach more then 10 percent of our brain when our 6th sense is activated.
The original statement about using only 10% of our brain has been proven false. Its kind of like saying you only use 10% of your car. Even though you may only occupy the driver's seat does not mean the rest of the car is not doing anything.

Most of the '6th' sense is not based on the brain. It's similar to touch, the brain is certainly involved to some extent. However some of the response to touch, especially pain happens in the spinal column not the brain. Other parts of the body react directly to touch simultaneous (immune system, healing, temperature regulation).

Being consciously aware of the 6th sense IS brain related. In other words, your 6th sense (if you have it, likely do) is always there. Most people's brains are too busy with other things to pay any attention to it. However this is more a matter of focus than how much brain is in use.