Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 21-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Ascender

Isnt it in EVERYONES interest for science to get to the bottom of all these things??

Surely we all want to know what happens when we die? isn't that more important than the composition of frozen water on one of Jupiter's moons LOL
Old 26-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Guide
Quote:
Surely we all want to know what happens when we die?
Not everyone does. There's this popular joke...let me see...it goes something like:

I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

There's a good book, forgot the name, about people dying, how they face death, those who die well, or with regret or denial. Most people I know, just don't want to deal with it even as they approach the exit point, strong avoidance, sad-fear-based responses, it's one of those few facts of life, death, and taxes. But for those that do want to know, it's super liberating.

Quote:
Isnt it in EVERYONES interest for science to get to the bottom of all these things??
A long time ago(a few hundred about), there was a division, between science and spirituality. The tangibles, sensory objects left to the scientific fields; philosophical, spiritual, intangible, left to the religions. You know, a sort of agreement, more or less. The I don't mess with your field, you don't mess with my, separate studies, separate words, theories, etc. It is starting to change, the limitations are beginning to become glaring, as well as how it's interconnected, beneficiary for both parties to corroborate.

So yeah, it is, science is just beginning to develop the sort of technology, sensitive enough to detect these finer, subtler states. People(above the age of 25 in particular, they loose most cognitive plasticity by that age) can be slow to change, adapt, or accept new ways of being, thinking or doing. Most of the scientists I know, really want there to be a study of APing/OBEs(Etc), and it's a funding issue.

There are ways to inch into the collective consciousness, fun ways, proactive methods(such as writing, art, movies). It's a nice way to broach a topic, giving people the option to discard it if it's too much to handle, or sample it without having to swallow/drink the koolaid. It's happening though.

So I've noticed quite the change over the many years, and things are moving exponentially faster. It's changing, and it doesn't take much really to have an effect.
Just my 2cs.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
You cannot prove ap. A lot of people do not believe ap. A lot of people think ap is evil. My mother thinks you should not do ap. It is not normal. People do not like talking about ap. I learnt years ago not to talk about ap. People think you are crazy. Even if they do believe in ap they do not want to talk about it. It is a hushed subject. Thank goodness we have this forum.

and its not mentioned in any religious texts, so 90 percent closes off to the idea on that basis.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Lorelyen

It is fairly traditional but was considered occult hence evil as Astralsuzy said, until the 1970s or so when material on spiritual practices started appearing in popular bookshops. As was said on another thread the big secret is to know/believe that you can do it. (I add that if you can dream you can do it. To me, an intense daydream usually turns out to be astral travel).

It does take absolute relaxation and learning not to shock yourself back to "earth" by suddenly realising that you're doing it.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 11-09-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 17-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Newbie ;)

I have been aware of AP since I was a teenager (60s). I have only recently decided to do it myself. I am surprised at all the material available to help one learn how to do it: books, videos, music, etc. I think the individual's search determines what resources are revealed. Knowledge about AP will always be "invisible" to the mainstream until our society has a major evolution away from material fixation.