Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 09-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Deactivated Account

Amberly,

Take those other colored candles out of the box, and light them ! They are feeling neglected, lol

I have heard white candles are more spiritual, how can a candle be spiritual ?

Interesting on lighting only an even number of candles, I always light an odd number of candles
something that goes back to art class I guess ~ about always having an odd number of objects in a painting, more artistic or something like that. Can one be artistic in their meditations ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
To me the color of the candle doesn't affect what I am meditating, it's the flame and the true light of it that gives the intention of what I'm using the candle for.
Spiritlite.

Very nice Spiritlite, thank you !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 09-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleive
There is one distince candle connection that i use and yes it works without a doubt to invoke the ascended master Saint Brigid (Brigit) into the room. Read this:

St. Brigid built her Abbey in Kildare around 480AD, on a Hill beside a great oak tree. However, we all know that the Irish/Celts believed in a Goddess Brighid long before she became a Saint and this area was sacred to her.

The Priestesses of Brighid kept her flame eternally lit. 19 Priestesses kept vigil and made sure the flame was never extinguished. This continued for centuries.

I was one of the Priestesses who kept the flame at Kildare, so for me If I light a candle St Brigit is immediately in the room and i feel/see her presence. White or GOld candles i like, but she comes in no matter what colour is burning.

hi Beleive,

Very cool about your candle connection with St. Brigit ! Thank you for sharing your story.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 09-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Jules

Aw dreamy what a lovely thread! It's sooo nice to have a squishy feely one

I think it comes down to personal choice really and what feels right to someone. I've heard using a rose coloured/scented candle attracts the angelic realms whilst a whitel candle attracts guides/loved ones during a reading, but at the end of the day it's what feels right to each of us.

When I have my candles lit and decide I'm going to connect, I sometimes play a game and say ok you lot let me know when you're here. Usually this is when I'm not well and can't 'feel' them around. Sure enough 1 of the candles will dance, I then take it a step further and start asking questions. Tis true this. The flame stays still for no and dances for yes. I suppose some may say it's much like using a pendulum and it's your own subconscious that's making it happen, but to me it's Spirit working in it's truest form. With the best of intent and the purest of pure white light :).
Namaste J xx
Old 09-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Amethyst

Hi Dream Angel

In witchcraft the colour of candles is very significant and they each have their own properties.

White can be used for anything.

When a witch casts her/his circle a yellow candle is used for the East - the Guardian Spirit of Air, Red for the South - the Guardian Spirit of Fire, etc.

Some witches associate the colour of the candles with chakras too.

A witch might use a black candle to absorb or banish - e.g. if there was some negative emotions, it could be written down and burnt in the flame of a black candle and the energy released into the universe.

Here's a link to what coloured candles represent in the craft if you fancy checking it out:

http://www.witchcraftcalling.co.uk/w...urcandles.html

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 09-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Jules

I'd completely forgotten about Witchcraft! Sorry Amethyst, thanks for the reminder :) x
Old 09-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I wasn't quite sure where to put this ~

Do you believe there is a connection between candles (certain colors ) and attracting the attention of your angels, spirit guides or MDBs ? (I love that abbreviation Sparrow ! )

I have heard there is something about a white candle ~
and that different colored candles have different, not sure what the word is that I am looking for here...different qualities ? Is this for real, or just the imagination of a very creative candle salesperson ?

I have meditated by staring into the flame of a candle and there is something, mesmerizing about it... but it is the same with each candle I have lit, color didn't make a difference. Then again, I was just becoming one with the flame, not having a specific intention to connect with anyone special.

And sometimes when I have a variety of candles lit in my room, most of them just stand straight up, the flame that is... and there is always one that dances, usually the one by my bedside. Perhaps there is a spirit wanting to dance ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx
One does not require a candle to draw the attention of their spirit guide, doorkeeper or…MDB. Nor does meditating with one magically connect you faster or better than someone else who doesn’t.
What it does do is work to strengthen or feed any belief system you currently hold, and the nature in which you manipulate energy through such a belief. -Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Deactivated Account

cute reindeer !
but Sparrow, I want to magically connect and I want it now !

Expect Miracles !

Old 09-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
cute reindeer !
but Sparrow, I want to magically connect and I want it now !
A child who wants does not get!
-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 09-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
A child who wants does not get!
-Sparrow

what ? now you have me feeling like I am asking Santa for my wish list !
I will ask very sweetly and wait, somewhat patiently

no guarantees on the waiting somewhat patiently ~ points for trying though !

Expect Miracles !