Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 28-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Mountain-Goat

Alas, I still don't get poetry.
I read it and reread it, I get some of the images but it frustratingly eludes me.
I get the meaning of words but the sentences...the downside of a literalistic mind I suppose.
Weird considering my love for language and the music and flow of it.

When I was reading it, all i could glimpse was the picture you painted was too vast for me to take in.
Some of the imagry evoked large scenes so that why i firure i could get the whole thing, it was too big for me to see.
Which, and I know nothing of poetry, is this a good thing, to invoke vastness?
Ah...i felt overwhelmed in some way.
Ohh...it's scope scared me.

Gee thanks Humm, now i need therapy again.
Old 28-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Humm

You're killing me AC - and I think I'm detecting a little vastness from your direction too!
Old 29-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Mountain-Goat

~giggles~ <--- yes, I'm comfortable with my feminine energy. Now you can see why I need therapy.
How can I have a vastness, but I couldn't get into the poem 'cus it was vast, or that it scared me.
Yes, deep thinking eludes to a level or experience of vastness/depth.
Old 30-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Suspended
Having literally just watched it, it's up there with the best (ime).

No guns, no car chases, no violence. Perfect.
Old 30-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Having literally just watched it, it's up there with the best (ime).

No guns, no car chases, no violence. Perfect.

If you know of the line, "You had me at hello" from Jerry Maguire..
The Adjustment Bureau had me at the scene where the two main characters first met in the men's bathroom.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Mountain-Goat

Just saw this today.

The movie is called The Adjustment Bureau.
The big cheeze, whom is never revealed, adjusts the whole plan of existance( the world) because of the love of two people.
So what is the power that adjusts life? Love.
How does one adjust(change) one's own life, or why does one adjust(change) one's life? Love
Old 01-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Master
It reminded me of a relationship I'm in now... I wasn't expecting it to be that way, so was taken off guard. I was intrigued. The funny thing as much as I felt I could so relate to the movie, some parts ruined it, the outlandish parts...I wish they left those out, it ruined it for me. I got a chuckle as well because I work for an 'Adjustment' company and people often put Adjustment Bureau on their envelopes, faxes and emails and some call and say is this the adjustment bureau? lol
Old 01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
If you know of the line, "You had me at hello" from Jerry Maguire..
The Adjustment Bureau had me at the scene where the two main characters first met in the men's bathroom.

I watched it for the second time tonight.

The bathroom scene reminded me so much of the bathroom scene in 'Devil's Advocate'. Mainly of the fact that the scene makes such a difference...

...and later on I'm convinced they used the same building in The Adjustment Bureau that they used in Vanilla Sky when David is calling for Tech Support. I even saw the lift (elevator) in the background.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
It reminded me of a relationship I'm in now... I wasn't expecting it to be that way, so was taken off guard. I was intrigued. The funny thing as much as I felt I could so relate to the movie, some parts ruined it, the outlandish parts...I wish they left those out, it ruined it for me. I got a chuckle as well because I work for an 'Adjustment' company and people often put Adjustment Bureau on their envelopes, faxes and emails and some call and say is this the adjustment bureau? lol
If you will Sarian, I'm interested in what parts ruined it for you.
And i understand what you mean, I have movies i rate as perfect, and some i rate as favs, but i will FF the bits that I simply don't like, after i've seen it X number of times.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I watched it for the second time tonight.

The bathroom scene reminded me so much of the bathroom scene in 'Devil's Advocate'. Mainly of the fact that the scene makes such a difference...

...and later on I'm convinced they used the same building in The Adjustment Bureau that they used in Vanilla Sky when David is calling for Tech Support. I even saw the lift (elevator) in the background.
Devil's Advocate is Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino?
Haven't seen it yet but this is the one you refer to?
Though not a fan of Tom Cruise, Jerry Maguire(fav) and Vanilla Sky(like muchly).

re: similar buildings. I've watched a number of "making ofs" of movies and many rave about New York being a fav for shooting in.