Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-08-2018, 05:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
I'm not trying to derail your thread nor am I trying to pick a fight, but I'm curious how you figure you're correct.

That's an easy one. I figure that I'm correct because that is what it says in the Bible that has been in my possession my whole life. I assume, and I think with some right, that God in his wisdom wouldn't have allowed a translation error to slip into his book. Knowing what the consequences would be in the future.

I understand that in Judaism it is 'murder', but I suppose I could say that's not my problem.
Old 21-08-2018, 05:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The OT is full of violence, rape, pillage, slavery etc: so ' Some ' Christians are just doing what they are taught. Lot's of atrocities happen ' In the name of God '

I personally would never kill anything but we do need to be sensible for hygiene reasons to eliminate some kinds of creatures that can cause diseases and serious illnesses on this planet, It's a difficult decision to eliminate some creatures but we can't have our Hospitals, Homes, Schools etc : overun with vermin.

In a way your response edges toward the point I want to make.
In the beginning God told us to 'be fruitful and multiply', something which we have without doubt followed to the letter. Even those billions who have never read the words have joined in the fray.

So why on earth does/did God go on to create vermin of all kinds, disease-spreading insects and viruses/germs of all kinds. In quantities sufficient to have killed millions and millions of people who are supposed to be fruitful and multiply. Surely, it can be said, that when we kill a fly we are going against God's will as he went to the trouble of creating this and all flies.

The reasoning may seem somewhat palfrey but fundamentally it runs into deep waters.
Old 21-08-2018, 06:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
In a way your response edges toward the point I want to make.
In the beginning God told us to 'be fruitful and multiply', something which we have without doubt followed to the letter. Even those billions who have never read the words have joined in the fray.

So why on earth does/did God go on to create vermin of all kinds, disease-spreading insects and viruses/germs of all kinds. In quantities sufficient to have killed millions and millions of people who are supposed to be fruitful and multiply. Surely, it can be said, that when we kill a fly we are going against God's will as he went to the trouble of creating this and all flies.

The reasoning may seem somewhat palfrey but fundamentally it runs into deep waters.

Evolution (cause and effect ) created Vermin. Humans, and everything else that appears on this Planet...
Old 21-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Master

I believe that we should always look for the meaning, and see through the apparent. Rigid interpretation is always destined to err.

We have to make choices and live with their consequences. There are instances when we have to pick the less evil, because there aren't any other choices.
Old 22-08-2018, 12:02 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
No, the commandment is
לא תרצח
Do not murder.
So if a thief steals another man's inheritance and goes on to lie about it that would be considered murder. I always question people's translations and interpretations even when I ignore them. Joshua 20:3 which is quoting Moshe is interesting because it uses the same Hebrew word you translated as murder. I can feel a Yeah Nah moment coming on.
Old 27-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Master
Proverbs 6: 12-19, applies.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-08-2018, 07:44 AM
Suspended
JESUS <3

Old 28-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Lorelyen

You see, there's this great hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

But when God doesn't like what's going on "he" loses his temper. Look at what happened with Sodom and Gomorrah.

So...what's a fly by comparison?
I presume all complainants here are vegetarian, besides.
Old 31-08-2018, 01:44 AM
Master

Lorelyen, that supposes an irrational deity that nothing has it's purpose. who makes stuff one minute and smashes it up the next without thinking about it. Most Christians dont think God is like this.

I just think that if you consider the diversity of nature and how extreme it is it gives God an interesting personality cause not only bugs and stuff to consider but also the gigantic size of the universe and billions of planets out there many with life of their own.
preconceptions of God are so popular as well and mainstream you have to look at the bugs and ticks to figure things out