Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit

It feels clearly like the mind for me but for you, if it is not the mind, what is it that explores externally in the spiritual search?

Hi,

We often use the brain and mind interchangeably. That is like saying the galaxy is the same as the universe. It is not. The galaxy like the brain is a very tiny component of the human mind/consciousness. In my view it is the veil which keeps us from grander awareness.

Now what explores externally is your 3rd eye. That is the source for your intuition, inclination, instincts, and All your creative ideas. Solutions come to you through that 3rd eye along with heart centered reflection. The brain likes to keep you in the dark, so that you are as frustrated as it is.

Mind over matter is not as brain related as we are taught. The brain is a computer where we process memories.

This is a very interesting subject for me. I am glad you have a thread about it.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 11-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Master
In the Hindu tradition there is lower and higher mind. Lower is replaced by higher far along the spiritual journey, so mind continues at the highest levels of realisation, but not in the form we experience it now.

But even lower mind is a projection from pure consciousness, and I think it has much value in the search for pure consciousness within.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
This is my experience and in addition I had an experience where one day I started to feel my subconscious mind as a Being who was lying vertically above my vital organs from the throat to the feet but at an ethereal level. She started coversing with me directly and she had such a personality! I could feel her retrieving and filing information and talking to the Back of the Mind to get more information. It was such an experience that happened for a limited period of time and then it stopped and became normal again.

Thanks for sharing that. For me it was no more than a gentle wow, a resonance with the idea All is One that ended my feeling of disconnection. Nothing much else changed. I continue to suffer in various ways but no longer feel disconnected while suffering:)
Old 11-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

We often use the brain and mind interchangeably. That is like saying the galaxy is the same as the universe. It is not. The galaxy like the brain is a very tiny component of the human mind/consciousness. In my view it is the veil which keeps us from grander awareness.

Now what explores externally is your 3rd eye. That is the source for your intuition, inclination, instincts, and All your creative ideas. Solutions come to you through that 3rd eye along with heart centered reflection. The brain likes to keep you in the dark, so that you are as frustrated as it is.

Mind over matter is not as brain related as we are taught. The brain is a computer where we process memories.

This is a very interesting subject for me. I am glad you have a thread about it.

John

I embarked on this enquiry some years ago as I wanted to understand the resonance with the idea all is one that ended the feeling of disconnection for me. For me it was clearly the mind seeking externally. I have some experience of third eye and it was nothing like that for me. There are various definitions of mind out there. I don't usually get into that but prefer to focus on how the purpose and function of mind feels, my experience of it. I realize that this is mind focusing on itself so terms like I, my, and me are mind talking about itself, to itself.

It feels like it is mind that resonates (another way of saying that the possible solution being considered seems the best option for the character I serve) But mind is still working on this so the views of others (other minds) is interesting.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Metaphysical-1, Mind/Intellect/Concepts

Humans access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts is 4-fold, as laid out by R.B. Fuller.

1} objectively harvest information,

2} sort the information,

3} discover patterns and principles,

4} subjectively apply those patterns and principles in support of the integrity of Universe, if not more specifically the ecological environment that supports and sustains all human life on Earth.

1} "U"niverse/"G"od: The Cosmic Hierachy/Outline/List

....1a} Spirit-1{ spirit-of-intent }, metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts ex concepts of God, Universe, Time Space, Absolute and Relative Truths,

----------line-of-demarcation-------------

.....1b}metaphysical-2, macro-infinite, non-occupied space, that, embraces the following,

......1c} finite, occupied space Universe aka Uni-V-erse ergo Space ( ) - Time ^v - Space )( i.e. a primary three-ness.

..........1c2} fermions, bosons and any aggregate collection thereof as physical/energy/time/frequency as expressed and represented by a sine-wave topology ^v^v or as \/\/\/,

..........1c3} spirit-3, metaphysical-3, gravity ( ) that I speculate is associated with positive shaped curvature of a torus,

...........1c4} spirit-4, metaphysical-4, dark energy )(, that, I speculate is associated with negative curvature of a torus.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 13-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Humans access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts is 4-fold, as laid out by R.B. Fuller.

1} objectively harvest information,

2} sort the information,

3} discover patterns and principles,

4} subjectively apply those patterns and principles in support of the integrity of Universe, if not more specifically the ecological environment that supports and sustains all human life on Earth.

1} "U"niverse/"G"od: The Cosmic Hierachy/Outline/List

....1a} Spirit-1{ spirit-of-intent }, metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts ex concepts of God, Universe, Time Space, Absolute and Relative Truths,

----------line-of-demarcation-------------

.....1b}metaphysical-2, macro-infinite, non-occupied space, that, embraces the following,

......1c} finite, occupied space Universe aka Uni-V-erse ergo Space ( ) - Time ^v - Space )( i.e. a primary three-ness.

..........1c2} fermions, bosons and any aggregate collection thereof as physical/energy/time/frequency as expressed and represented by a sine-wave topology ^v^v or as \/\/\/,

..........1c3} spirit-3, metaphysical-3, gravity ( ) that I speculate is associated with positive shaped curvature of a torus,

...........1c4} spirit-4, metaphysical-4, dark energy )(, that, I speculate is associated with negative curvature of a torus.

r6

I'm more interested in your personal experience of mind if you would care to share that but thank you anyway for your reply.
Old 13-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow experience > mind > spirit-of-intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
I'm more interested in your personal experience of mind if you would care to share that but thank you anyway for your reply.

What I posted came directly from my mind. Cant get much more personal than that. imho.

Experience of mind? I experience mind all of the time. Except in some states of sleep I'm not aware of access to mind.

Access to mind is a result of our experiences i.e. experience precedes thougth. No experience then no thought.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 13-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Master

My beleifs...on the purpose and function of mind.

The mind "IS"soul....'soul', can become, like unto, GOD/CREATOR, pure & divine conscious awareness, without fault....
....All holy, all loving, all merciful.

And the mind is not seated in the spiritual body...the spiritual body is just an incredibly brilliant emanation of SOUL/"US", which is just like the physical earthly fleshly body....just something that we can express our identity & awareness through. ...& nothing more.

We are "SOUL".....SOUL BEINGS, with two major bodily emanations.

The earthly fleshly brain & body are not, aware conscious entities.
They are vehicles/things that we express our identities through.
The brain & body are designed to eventually decay, back unto the earth...while the soul/mind lives on
The brain is subject to us, the "mind/soul beings".

All of our life experiences are forever stored within the mind/soul.
All that we experience in life, does instantly travel via the silver cord from brain to soul & soul to brain, in less than a split/split second, of the, occurrence, of the experience.

We could & should be able to experience life, in such a perfectly healthy soul being type of frame of mind, without any anxieties, depression etc etc etc. BUT we do not, & there is a most definite reason why, & I could explain all about it, BUT that would mean for me to lay the reason why we do not, right squarely at the feet of dark spiritual beings. BUT it does seem that no one on this forum seems remotely interested in that belief of knowledge of mine....as no one ever takes the time to reply to me when I speak of it...."SO"....so be it, I wont speak about it in this reply.

So getting back to the topic.....I say that not any part of our consciousness is, "of the brain"....brain, is just a part of the flesh that performs the functions of the fleshly physical body. & all thoughts originate from within...."SOUL"...."US", & those thoughts travel back and forth at break neck speeds...brain to soul/mind & soul/mind to brain....just as do the chemical, electrical responses, to our experiences of the flesh, travel from touch of skin or sound or sight & back to the brain.....BREAK NECK SPEEDS.

I could go on but I think I'll leave it there for now.....
....neil.
Old 13-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,
We often use the brain and mind interchangeably.
That is like saying the galaxy is the same as the universe.
It is not.
The galaxy like the brain is a very tiny component of the human mind/consciousness.
In my view it is the veil which keeps us from grander awareness.
Oh, that was an excellent comparison!
Brilliant.

Quote:
We could & should be able to experience life, in such a perfectly healthy soul being type of frame of mind,
without any anxieties, depression etc etc etc.
BUT we do not, & there is a most definite reason why, & I could explain all about it...
neil, Loved your whole post above. I wanted to comment on this one thing...because
of practicing thought control for over a decade...and my complete reliance on and trust in the All That Is,
well,...and sheer Grace...
I have overcome those nuisance things like depression, worry, doubt, fear, jealousy, (all the 'etcs').
It can be done everyone!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
What I posted came directly from my mind. Cant get much more personal than that. imho.

Experience of mind? I experience mind all of the time. Except in some states of sleep I'm not aware of access to mind.

Access to mind is a result of our experiences i.e. experience precedes thougth. No experience then no thought.

r6

Oh ok. Fair enough. Thanks