Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 13-11-2019, 03:23 AM
Newbie ;)

I tried it but it did not work

I was hoping to get relief for anxiety by practicing hypnosis for a while and I believe it helped me to feel better about it and arrive at a place that took time to feel ok with it, but my mind could not let go of the worry anxiety part that I was struggling with to begin with from the start. Is it **? Please explain how it works?
Old 15-11-2019, 11:03 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evianna
I was hoping to get relief for anxiety by practicing hypnosis for a while and I believe it helped me to feel better about it and arrive at a place that took time to feel ok with it, but my mind could not let go of the worry anxiety part that I was struggling with to begin with from the start. Is it **? Please explain how it works?

It sounds as if you are like me.I cannot let myself go.You have to get into a state of total relaxation for it to work.I too suffer from anxiety and just cant stop thinking of things.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Me too I had hypnosis for insomnia but wasn't effective.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:28 PM
Master

I just wrote this on another thread:

Quote:
The best book on self-hypnosis, I've read, is Leslie LeCron's "Self-Hypnosis". It is only like 60 pages long, first half being about how to get into self-hypnosis., second half a few concrete applications.

You can borrow from here for free:
https://openlibrary.org/works/OL15151730W/Self_hypnosis

LeCron wrote several other good books on this subject:
https://openlibrary.org/authors/OL18...slie_M._LeCron

There are some interesting hypnosis related articles in "Experimental Hypnosis":
https://openlibrary.org/books/OL2460..._on_r esearch
Milton Erickson's "Deep Hypnosis" is very informative:
https://openlibrary.org/books/OL2460..._on_r esearch
This is a recommendation for learning self-hypnosis, to get into trance.

Further, you'll have to practice it, and use it as a tool to get what you want.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evianna
In your case, you will probably have to have numerous visits. Asking how it works will probably only make the process take longer.

As far as I am concerned, everybody can be hypnotized - some faster and some slower. Compare it to the kid's game Simon says. Some people fall early (highly susceptible) till the last person falls (not very susceptible but still susceptible).

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-01-2020, 11:17 PM
Master

Try having some professional hypnosis. I once went to six hypnosis sessions for an issue I had (he told from the start that he recommended six). I actually didn't notice any benefit till the fifth session but the six sessions did fix the issue I had at the time.
Old 25-02-2020, 09:16 PM
Ascender
Good advice from BigJohn and seadove. Evianna, if you can't get anywhere with self-hypnosis, then go to a hypnotist - who will be able to use various techniques to get you into trance. Relaxation is only one method, and even that method has many permutations.

Every best wish to you!
Old 29-02-2020, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC
Good advice from BigJohn and seadove. Evianna, if you can't get anywhere with self-hypnosis, then go to a hypnotist - who will be able to use various techniques to get you into trance. Relaxation is only one method, and even that method has many permutations.

Every best wish to you!

When I was in high school, I used it so as to run faster. Broke the record for the mile constantly.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-12-2022, 09:17 PM
Pathfinder
There are a lot of guided "meditations" on youtube for all sorts of problems/aims.

It's exactly the same as being hypnotised.

You are guided into a state of deep relaxation so that you can gain access to your subconscious mind in the hypnogogic state.
Thus you are able to influence your subconscious mind for your own benefit.
Old 27-02-2023, 05:06 PM
Pathfinder
my hands are tied to discuss such in open forum BECAUSE Any statement rendered here can be construed as advertisement

so one thing i can easily state from the classes i took
were
1 i did not really need training there as i already knew how but wanted Printed proof of certification
2 simple minds go into hypnotism very quick
3 i took an 6 month long certification schedule
4 people using both hemispheres like an dolphin brain does dont go down easy
5 i most of the time really never went totally under it was just an slightly altered state

FREAKY Stunt i pulled was during an class i wondered why no one said anything about me using my right foot to scratch my head BUT Not a peep

figure im not like others as i took and grounded 10 thousand volts ac voltage across my heart chakra .,. sorta met god then so much more i could share but dont want to get censored for bad grammar

composing millions of pages of local work instructions tends to make So much "proper English " work like and hey im retired now