Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-12-2019, 11:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
I begin to actually know my life lessons and that I am expanding my consciousness....
Great affirmation!
Old 02-12-2019, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
Hey all,

How does one know why you are on this plane? I want to figure out... I have lots of emotions of what I believe is about a conflict from before this life. And now I just feel vulnerable and naked to everyone out there. I believe this is out of love. But I need to get to know the reasons. I deserve them. I have been punished way too long (even though with different purposes). I believe I will get answers anyway, but maybe some actions are required for this like doing some research.

Just do what you like doing. It doesn't have to get more complicated. There's no ''destiny'' coming to you, you're writing your story in each moment.

Your forum name is ''realizefun'' - I think that's great as an approach!
Old 02-12-2019, 05:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hello Wonderer -

A excerpt from my book (there's a lot more dealing with the subject in there should this interest you) which presents a cogent (IMO) worldview which relates to the issue of why, individually and collectively, are what we are, IOW what have we. individually and collectively, "done" to "be" what we are:

"You may do so by yourself or with the help of understanding others. Either way, it is essential that you register and keep being conscious of the ramifications of the fact that all that the world is and all that transpires within it is the cumulative result of what has, from moment to moment since time began, been attitudinally entertained and intentionally purposed*. What you encounter in Life and what you ‘naturally’ think, feel and do (or fail to), at any given point, is the result of prior psychospiritual program*ming—that of antecedent others, your own till the present, and that of those you’ve been or still are involved with and related to. Therefore, though all things not contrary to Life Itself are possible, they are not necessarily so in short order. As any*one wishing to be an artist must do with his or her medium, to be creative, you must learn to work with the impetus of history, as it pertains to you and those around you in particular."

[Footnote*: "The aspects of reality encompassed by attitude and intention, as I use such terms, are so multi-dimensional and interactive that they defy definitive description, especially in short order. Let me just say that, operationally, 'attitude' psychospiritually sets the parameters into which Life may flow, and 'intention' psychospiritually propels It towards the aimed for goal. This is not vain speculation. It is because attitude and intention are supremely consequential that those who know best and care most advise that they be concordantly combined and felicitously focused."

Thanks, davidsun for reacting so spontaneously to my seemingly rather dubios questions. I can say that you are one of the few who understand the earnestness of these or this simple question(s). IMO questions like 'Who am I', or 'Where do I come from'? are bagatelle posers compared to 'Why am I not an Elephant'.
I've been pondering this question for a long time now and find your example above meets my own slowly evolving insight if not closely then at least in a recognisable way.
I want to come back to this thread and will do so once I have read your book which you have so freely offered.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Thanks, davidsun for reacting so spontaneously to my seemingly rather dubios questions. I can say that you are one of the few who understand the earnestness of these or this simple question(s). IMO questions like 'Who am I', or 'Where do I come from'? are bagatelle posers compared to 'Why am I not an Elephant'.
I've been pondering this question for a long time now and find your example above meets my own slowly evolving insight if not closely then at least in a recognisable way.
I want to come back to this thread and will do so once I have read your book which you have so freely offered.
It's a BIG PICTURE overview, which also highlights personal options in that context. Don't be put off by any 'questionable' material. My hope is that you will find meaningful leads worth pursuing in there.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
It's a BIG PICTURE overview, which also highlights personal options in that context. Don't be put off by any 'questionable' material. My hope is that you will find meaningful leads worth pursuing in there.

What is now quite clear to me davidsun is that a quick reading through your book is not the answer, this in the sense that I really am going to have to devote some s l o w time to digest that which I see as a very fascinating collection of interwoven threads. The intellectual effort you have put into its creation is instantly noticeable and proffers, for me, a wealth of inspirational planes. It'll take some time until I'm through - maybe it'll need a second reading and I'm looking forward to what I consider to be a challenge.

I will indeed have to consider printing it out so that I can treat it like the book I want to have in my hands.

BTW: The Bhagavad Gita in my possession is by Paramahansa Yogananda of 'The Autobiography of a Yogi' fame.

Thanks - and I'll get back to you.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Thanks - and I'll get back to you.