Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 11-10-2012, 12:51 PM
thinkthinkthink

Arrow confused!!!! so what do I do?

Hi!
I am confused by religion, I don't lnow which way to turn...there's so many! Does it matter if I even have a religion? Will I be punished for not having one or taking the time to look for on that suites me best?
The thing is with me is that as I'm confused by religion, I still know there's a higher power 'god' if you like, who smiles down on me when I'm singing along to myself as I ride my bike back home after a good day at wrk, a god who is there for me and I can feel all around (sometimes feels like 'he' is gone when having a hard time tho, which is odd but I feel 'him' more when things turn around for the better, which I guess is 'his' idea in the first place?) I have a very big concious and know right from wrong, like 'he's' there telling me the right path, sometimes I make wrong decisions like everyone else but all in all in all I'm a happy positve person, greatfull for the life I have, I stop and smell the flowers everyday, look up at the beautifull sky with thanks. I love this world and all the beautifull things in it. I try to be good as I can be and when I don't I'm my own worst judge on my wrong doings. So with all this in mind, saying as how I don't follow a religion will I be punished for this?

Thanks to all who answer and help
Peace
Old 11-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthinkthink
Hi!
I am confused by religion, I don't lnow which way to turn...there's so many! Does it matter if I even have a religion? Will I be punished for not having one or taking the time to look for on that suites me best?.................

Peace

By now you should be aware that the people who post on these forums differ greatly as to belief and whether or not one has to believe as they do in order to find favor with the divine.

I could give you an answer as a Jew which you might like, but close on my heels might come TeeHee, a Christian, with a different answer, and close behind him might come slaveofallah, a Muslim, with a third answer, and not to be outdone psychoslice, who dances to his own music, might weigh in with still another answer.

Each of us would give you an answer based upon the truth as we see it. You need to seek and to search, to research and ponder and then follow the path that your mind and your heart lay out for you.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 11-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Experiencer
Is there a particular religion you're attracted to? What does God tell you, Does he tell you to pick one? which one? Does he tell you he'll punish you if you don't make a choice?

Instagram: Prananina
Old 11-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Administrator

What you should do is be True To Yourself,follow the religion you feel suits you trust your intuition ,if you dont want to follow a religion you dont have to

Namaste
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Sybilline

Hallo Think, I was never baptized in any religion, and til now I do not know what it is, I'm sure there's a name for it but I just didn't bother looking.

I agree with what most of the members said. Do not adjust your beliefs to any religion. Believe what you will, and if there's a name for it, so be it, if none, well... So be it.
Old 13-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi!
I am confused by religion, I don't lnow which way to turn...there's so many! Does it matter if I even have a religion? Will I be punished for not having one or taking the time to look for on that suites me best?
The thing is with me is that as I'm confused by religion, I still know there's a higher power 'god' if you like, who smiles down on me when I'm singing along to myself as I ride my bike back home after a good day at wrk, a god who is there for me and I can feel all around (sometimes feels like 'he' is gone when having a hard time tho, which is odd but I feel 'him' more when things turn around for the better, which I guess is 'his' idea in the first place?) I have a very big concious and know right from wrong, like 'he's' there telling me the right path, sometimes I make wrong decisions like everyone else but all in all in all I'm a happy positve person, greatfull for the life I have, I stop and smell the flowers everyday, look up at the beautifull sky with thanks. I love this world and all the beautifull things in it. I try to be good as I can be and when I don't I'm my own worst judge on my wrong doings. So with all this in mind, saying as how I don't follow a religion will I be punished for this?

Peace

First, understand who you are...
http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

http://www.myshrink.com/counseling-theory.php?t_id=86

http://www.oberf.org/torkel_o's_sobe.htm

www.newlifeparadigm.com/

Church is about community, of people of like faith. Feel free to PM me.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-07-2014, 10:19 AM
HopeWalkers

I doubt you will be punished for not following a religion. Talk to God and ask him/her to show you the right path for you. Be relaxed about it, don't feel stressed or pressured at all. Be patient. Over time whatever is right for you will emerge.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Master
A part of my life journey was to be involved in a spiritual program that used a Higher Power of our understanding. It was a twelve step program. It changed my life 180 degrees. From this, I thought I needed to join some type of religion. I searched everywhere to only find a lot of fearful people pretending to be nice. In despair I prayed to my Higher Power about this dilemma and got the answer I did not expect, but was right for me. My church now is that twelve step program I am involved with. The members are the most patient, tolerant, polite, and honest people I have ever met. Their honesty always cuts to the truth, a lot of tough-love, they do not sacrifice truth for people pleasing. It is just what I needed. And their priority in life is God of your own understanding (regardless of religious backgrounds).
What I am saying is to find out what suits you. You can always pray for an answer.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:32 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
By now you should be aware that the people who post on these forums differ greatly as to belief and whether or not one has to believe as they do in order to find favor with the divine.

I could give you an answer as a Jew which you might like, but close on my heels might come TeeHee, a Christian, with a different answer, and close behind him might come slaveofallah, a Muslim, with a third answer, and not to be outdone psychoslice, who dances to his own music, might weigh in with still another answer.

Each of us would give you an answer based upon the truth as we see it. You need to seek and to search, to research and ponder and then follow the path that your mind and your heart lay out for you.

B'shalom,

Peter

or a cherokee. lol

rabbio has given you excellent advice. you already are walking the red road....don't fret that it doesn't 'fit' inside any belief system. things will fall into place. relax.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Hi!

Nope it doesn't matter.. No you won't be punished..

You're only punished so much as you punish yourself. Take as much time as you need to understand all the different religions out there before committing yourself to one, don't feel in any rush to understand what it is you think or believe. Or you could just try every religion for a while and see which one feels better, if you want to do it that way. God doesn't care whether you're religious or not, God just loves watching you grow into yourself, like a parent does their child. So right now you are not religious? Doesn't matter, God loves you the same. Maybe in twenty years you'll be Muslim? Doesn't matter, God still loves you the same. It's not about the end point, it's about the process of living.

Quote:

Peace

God is with you all the time.. sometimes though it is harder to tell when we are in pain because during those states we have created the illusion of separation. I don't really see it as God creating 'better' situations for you. You do that yourself. God just helps you in whatever you do, whether in pain or not. God is like your guide/protector/friend and loves you very much. God will show you the right path if you listen.. there is nothing really 'wrong' you can do, but having a big conscience is not a bad thing. If it's doing its job properly (as in not being critical or judgemental of you as you say it can be) it will help you discern better what God is saying to you. I think God loves that you take time out to enjoy life because that is one of the reasons life was created for us. I think just continue with the path you are on.. there's no need to label it or join any religion if you don't feel the need to. Just go with what you feel. Don't be too harsh on yourself. Love yourself as God does. God loves you no matter what you do. You won't be punished for anything. Punishment is mostly just a scare tactic used by some religions to get you to join. There's no need for that. God will not punish you. Go with what you love. God will love it too