Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 23-08-2019, 03:04 AM
Deactivated Account

Yale Scientist abanding Darwin's Evolution

Looks like some modern scientists may support intelligent design, not Darwin's evolution.

Quote:
Gelernter argues that intelligent design, the notion that life on earth was designed by a higher power, is an “absolutely serious argument.” Gelernter cautions his peers in academia against using anti-religious bigotry to justify their dismissals of the theory of intelligent design.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...ons-darwinism/

I'm no scientist, but I think basically too many missing links exist to justify evolution. New versions of species just appear a lot, and don't evolve from something else. Sudden major changes in species appear which seems to point to an "intelligent inventor(s)" creating.
Old 23-08-2019, 04:08 AM
Master

Quote:
intelligent design = the theory that life, or the universe, cannot have arisen by chance and was designed and created by some intelligent entity.
"proponents of intelligent design say that theories other than evolution must be considered"
Intelligent design doesn't imply a God in the theological sense. It just says that humans aren't a result of natural evolution from ape, but an intelligent intervention happened somewhere along the way.

It isn't about a "higher power", but about entities that are intelligent enough to be able to intentionally make such an intervention.

For example: genetically modified ape embryos.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-08-2019, 04:11 AM
Master
Gelernter does not have the background to make such a statement. He claims his Jewish background has no influence on his opinion.
Stephen Meyer’s book "Darwin’s Doubt" seems to be his most important factor in rejecting evolution.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 23-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Master

Does it really matter what scientists think? Why do we look to them as some kind of authority?

At the end of the day they are just people with lots of opinions but no real understanding of the deeper questions of life and death and what it means to be a human being.

Peace.
Old 24-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Looks like some modern scientists may support intelligent design, not Darwin's evolution.

I'm no scientist, but I think basically too many missing links exist to justify evolution. New versions of species just appear a lot, and don't evolve from something else. Sudden major changes in species appear which seems to point to an "intelligent inventor(s)" creating.
Yeah, the aliens did it and ran away.

Missing links merely means that there's missing evidence, just because it hasn't been found it doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all. What we do know from geology is that there has some major cataclysms that have affected the landscape since we came down from the trees, what with ice ages and associated glacier melts and Biblical Deluges, comets crashing into the earth that have thrown up so much dust that had resettled again...... Huge tracts of land have been covered up including Antarctica and the tract of land between my front door and Sweden, where people are fishing and drilling for oil used to be a connected land mass. Very little evidence exists in America in particular because at one time it was many feet thick with ice.

On the other hand many cultures have myths of mankind having been created by the Gods/God, the Bible isn't unique in that and they stole it from the Sumerians. The Sumerian myths are strikingly similar to that found in the Mayan Popol Vu, and with several other cultures. The genetics for the fontal lobes looks as if it had been bolted on at a later date, which to some gives credence to alien theories. However, far more evidence suggests a global, civilised culture may have existed - Mu and Lemuria - at the time apes might have come down from the trees. Oh, not forgetting the Stoned Apes, they didn't have an issue with magic mushrooms and other hallucinogenic plants that might well have been part of their regular diet.
Old 24-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Does it really matter what scientists think? Why do we look to them as some kind of authority?

At the end of the day they are just people with lots of opinions but no real understanding of the deeper questions of life and death and what it means to be a human being.

Peace.
Seriously?

It's because of scientists that you're able to read this post, it's because of a Scottish engineer that you can keep dry in the rain, you have pneumatic tyres for your car and nice tarmac roads to drive it on, all of it invented by Scottish scientists. Need I say more? And when you're under anaesthetic, say thank you to the guys from Edinburgh University.

And if they are "just people" then........ Then the deeper questions you would be pondering is how to scratch an existence from the wilderness around you and today's Spirituality would still be at the level of hunter-gatherers.

"What I see in you is mine, what you see in me is yours." I guess "deeper" is also relative to one's own agenda.
Old 24-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Master
I understand natural selection and it explains a lot, whereas 'God did it' dunt spaln nuthen
Old 24-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn

Hello,

Evolution does not prove or disprove "higher intelligent" designed humans nor does it prove or disprove "God".

It is looking at how the pieces gathered and observed may go together, based on current evidence gathered.

This to me, is how science in general works. But, some is theoretical and there are debates among scientists over the theories.

But, if you ever seen a gorge or a layer of land cut away by erosion or construction, can see the layers which reveal the evolvement of the Earth.

The layers of one civilization built upon older ones gives evidence of civilizations evolvement.

Yes, there are links missing in the chain. Information lost or not recorded during the times these events took place. So, scientists go by what is currently known and observe and do the best to put the fragments together.

Seeing similar traits in different species and now having the Knowledge of DNA helps further guide us to understand our physical makeup and development.

Perhaps also showing us we are closer to those creatures some may deem below us, then some may wish to acknowledge.

To me, humans look through human eyes and some seem to evaluate things that tend to give a sense we are special and/or better then other life here.

What if humans are just another life form here that arose from the elements here like all other life forms? How does this change our perspectives of being here and relationship with life here?

If this seems to come off as threatening the "existance" of God, why?
Which I feel may play a part in this. Believing in science does not dismiss God, it just questions how things came into being. How humans came to be.
Some of it not fully known or known at all, while some expands the wonder and view.

Alien influence? Life here started with asteroids hitting the Earth and bringing the elements here for life (as we know it) to start. So the story goes

The same elements with in our very makeup are also of the stars.
Whatever started all this, to me, is still a mystery.
Old 24-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Master

Most people parrot others. That may suggest that humans may have evolved both from apes and parrots ... maybe with some higher intelligence involvement. Was that a successful endeavor? The jury's still out on that ... :)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Seriously?

It's because of scientists that you're able to read this post, it's because of a Scottish engineer that you can keep dry in the rain, you have pneumatic tyres for your car and nice tarmac roads to drive it on, all of it invented by Scottish scientists. Need I say more? And when you're under anaesthetic, say thank you to the guys from Edinburgh University.

And if they are "just people" then........ Then the deeper questions you would be pondering is how to scratch an existence from the wilderness around you and today's Spirituality would still be at the level of hunter-gatherers.

"What I see in you is mine, what you see in me is yours." I guess "deeper" is also relative to one's own agenda.

I agree that science has provided many material benefits, but in terms of the bigger questions of life and death then I would not look to a scientist for his or her opinion.

Peace
Closed Thread