Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Knower
Didn't read the responses.

Our own free will is monkeyed around with by things as transient as what color we are currently looking at or recently looked at http://www.cracked.com/article_20039...your-life.html

And other random factors http://www.cracked.com/article_20223...-opinions.html

Not to mention childhood conditioning!

Neuropsychology often studies impulses and other habitual behaviors that appear to contradict what a person really wants to do (these can be mitigated by biofeedback and other techniques, apparently. But that still is a hurdle to the idea of completely free will).

Add in things like Noetic Science, that systematically investigates what Carl Jung would've called "The Oversoul" or collective consciousness that we're all plugged into. The already narrow band of what we could call "free will" shrinks even further.

And if there exist demons who influence you unawares? Well, just add 'em to the pile.

The lady who heads up my meditation group says there are many, many worlds, both interdimensionally and planet-wise, with sapient beings, and that some of them have less free will than we do, or none, and some have more. Take that or leave it.

However. Despite all of this, I personally believe that your free will notably increase with frequent meditation and mindfulness training, and of course, education.

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*
Old 18-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77
Anyone have any ideas on this subject? This question could unlock our future.

It's literally your option to choose, over-complicating it only works against you.
Old 19-04-2017, 05:09 AM
Guide

We feel we have free will in our small decisions although many are subject to unconscious influences.
What time should I get up?
What should I eat for breakfast?
Which route should I take to work?

We have very little free will in the big event of life.
When I was born.
When I die
The family I am born into
The Political system I live under.
etc.

The answer is therefore Yes and No.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:37 AM
Knower
Also, temperature affects your decision making:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...hink-straight/

And I also saw someone mention that, psychologically, sitting in a wooden chair versus a soft one will affect how rigid your mindset is as well.

Best not to worry too much about these things, though. Just move forward on your journey. You know intuitively whether you are or not. (oh, and that's another thing, following spirit guides or Source/Creator's nudges or advice is a choice of free will of course, but rhetorically, it may not seem so)

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*
Old 07-05-2017, 03:43 AM
Master

never mind
Old 10-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Newbie ;)

In my experience, Fate and Free Will are two sides of the same coin. They coexist and are two separate ways of viewing the same thing. We all choose our fates, and we can also choose whether to follow them or stray from the path and create a new path. They are intertwined, but we are introduced to "them" in a way that leads us to view them as separate. Of course, everyone's perspective varies and they are all valid, and it is up to you to decide on your personal reality and your truth, and that will be no less valid than any other :)
Old 11-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Master
We have free will when it comes to our spiritual direction. That path is all yours.

You have a soul.

You can't blame destiny for the state of your heart, but destiny is the path too.

It's two different levels of being...

Otherwise are you not accountable in the ways of your heart.

In the same day the same destiny you can scorn, laugh or love deeply.

That choice is all yours.
Old 16-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Deactivated Account
What I find is ironic is, if you always make the best choice, then you don't really have a choice, since the best choice exists before you identify it.
Old 17-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
What I find is ironic is, if you always make the best choice, then you don't really have a choice, since the best choice exists before you identify it.

which is entirely why, sometimes it isn't wise to choose the 'best' choice.

sorry, couldn't help myself lol!
Old 17-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
which is entirely why, sometimes it isn't wise to choose the 'best' choice.

sorry, couldn't help myself lol!

I've tried (just to test I had free will) and suffered, and keep suffering.

Makes me wonder if it's good just to have it but never use it. Just keep choosing the best choice and never know what it's like not to.