Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-12-2014, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
it might depend. my guides have never led me astray. they are always right and it annoys me greatly.
I'm sure you can ask them to be 'wrong' and lead you astray once to see if you prefer that ...

P.S. I hope I am not one of your guides.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlawn
as you are supposed to.
Says who? And I'm not being deliberately abrasive here. Spirit Guides, Guardian Angels but what are they guiding us to and guarding us against? If all you look at is 'wrong' then all you'll see is 'wrong' but there's an onion here so peel back the layers of skin. Our Guides won't tell us what to do, they'll simply guide and allow us to use our Free Will and after that it's up to us. But do we follow that blindly or do we weigh up all the pros and cons of intuition, practicality and everything else we bring into the equation? We learn more from 'wrong' than we do from 'right', ask any kid who has fallen off their bicycle and got right back on it.

This is supposed to be a classroom where we learn, so what have you learned and particularly about yourself? You've learned how not to trust your intuition.

There's another factor here as well. Given your intuition and signs from your Guides, how did that change your performance at the interview? If you came across as over-confident that might not go down too well with the interviewers depending on the type of person they were looking for. Often the deciding factor is whether or not your face fits or you are the type of person they're looking for. If you had no Guides nor intuition, how different would your performance have been? I'm not saying forget them but sometimes they have to be put into context or used in a different way. Thinking "I'm going to get this job" and thinking "I'm going to make sure I get this job" are two very different ways of thinking.

It's a disaster or a learning opportunity, you choose.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:48 PM
yellowlawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Says who? And I'm not being deliberately abrasive here. Spirit Guides, Guardian Angels but what are they guiding us to and guarding us against? If all you look at is 'wrong' then all you'll see is 'wrong' but there's an onion here so peel back the layers of skin. Our Guides won't tell us what to do, they'll simply guide and allow us to use our Free Will and after that it's up to us. But do we follow that blindly or do we weigh up all the pros and cons of intuition, practicality and everything else we bring into the equation? We learn more from 'wrong' than we do from 'right', ask any kid who has fallen off their bicycle and got right back on it.

This is supposed to be a classroom where we learn, so what have you learned and particularly about yourself? You've learned how not to trust your intuition.

There's another factor here as well. Given your intuition and signs from your Guides, how did that change your performance at the interview? If you came across as over-confident that might not go down too well with the interviewers depending on the type of person they were looking for. Often the deciding factor is whether or not your face fits or you are the type of person they're looking for. If you had no Guides nor intuition, how different would your performance have been? I'm not saying forget them but sometimes they have to be put into context or used in a different way. Thinking "I'm going to get this job" and thinking "I'm going to make sure I get this job" are two very different ways of thinking.

It's a disaster or a learning opportunity, you choose.

So what is the point of a guide who does nothing more than just stand around watching us fail and succeed. Wouldn't it be more beneficial if they played a more interactive role in our lives. Giving us signs, symbols even nudges in the right direction. I had all these prior to my interview, which I took as a Green light. Maybe I'm colour blind then. I have always been a more logical person and find it difficult to trust my instincts at the best of times. For me for such a long time all this talk of guides, angels and what not was just all hocus pocus ****. This recent event has rubber stamped that theory.

I have never been an overly confident person, especially not in interview scenarios, so no I wasn't taking it as a given. I know my weaknesses and accept that let me down. But you seemed more concerned in your reply of protecting the sanctity of spirit beings, that they are above reproach. This has been the first and only time I have felt any kind of intuition about a job and had any signs of a spiritual nature that I had a strong chance of getting the job.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
So what is the point of a guide who does nothing more than just stand around watching us fail and succeed. Wouldn't it be more beneficial if they played a more interactive role in our lives. Giving us signs, symbols even nudges in the right direction. I had all these prior to my interview, which I took as a Green light. Maybe I'm colour blind then. I have always been a more logical person and find it difficult to trust my instincts at the best of times. For me for such a long time all this talk of guides, angels and what not was just all hocus pocus ****. This recent event has rubber stamped that theory.

I have never been an overly confident person, especially not in interview scenarios, so no I wasn't taking it as a given. I know my weaknesses and accept that let me down. But you seemed more concerned in your reply of protecting the sanctity of spirit beings, that they are above reproach. This has been the first and only time I have felt any kind of intuition about a job and had any signs of a spiritual nature that I had a strong chance of getting the job.
Failure and success are imposters, but if you want to talk in those terms then sometimes our greatest failures can be our greatest successes and vice versa. You're a logical person, you've found it difficult to trust your instincts then you've listened to all the talk. And it's let you down. Yep, rubber-stamped that theory but the question is what are you going to do with it? You've gone against your nature and it's all gone pear-shaped. Logic isn't in my nature and I trust my instincts but they don't rule me, they're a part of the equation not all of it. There's more to Life than Spirituality and regardless of how many answers we find in Spirituality it's not the whole of reality, often it's more 'real world' than most would imagine.

To you I may seem to be protecting the sanctity of Spirit beings but 'sanctity' is the word you used. And just as a point of interest training people in interview techniques was part of my job, and being able to turn the weaknesses into strengths and opportunities. I also do that Spiritually within my own Life. I know where you're coming from because I've been in that same position a few times and not just regarding getting a job or not. A few years ago I was told by Spirit that my Life was going to be very different than it is now, so I went with it and it would have been so easy to come through that feeling as though I was dealt some very bum cards. When I started this Journey I asked one question - "Who Am I?" The Universe gave me answers that question in the form of experiences and when the world slaps me down I get up, dust myself off and take it as an opportunity to learn about myself. After having the experiences I can understand a little better where people are coming from and you can make all the Spiritual connotations from that.

All I'm saying is that there's a different perspective here if you want to take it, it's your choice. Not to sound too airy-fairy but look at the meaning of the words, not the words themselves. We can all turn hurts into halos.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:05 PM
yellowlawn

This failure was definitely not my success and nothing good will come out of it. Like you say I just have to pick myself up, dust myself down and move on. What have I learned thus far is to never again allow my judgement to be clouded by my instinct. It's foolish to even entertain the notion.

I need to put myself first and not anything spiritual. I'm not interested anymore in 'Who am I or where am I going in life'. It's much simpler to wake up every day and just deal with whatever comes along.

What do you mean exactly... Not to sound too airy-fairy but look at the meaning of the words, not the words themselves.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Master

Quote:
This failure was definitely not my success and nothing good will come out of it. Like you say I just have to pick myself up, dust myself down and move on. What have I learned thus far is to never again allow my judgement to be clouded by my instinct. It's foolish to even entertain the notion.

You took those signs and signals from spirit as a green light because that's how you wanted it to be, you wanted your 'intuition' to be right because you wanted that job. I've done that before but I've never blamed my guides for my mistakes. There's a fine line between true intuition - a sort of 'knowing' - and wanting something so bad that you think you're going to get it (at least in my experience).

If you believe that nothing good will come out of this - then nothing will - that's how it will be for you. You are feeling angry and let down at the moment and want to put the blame for your disappointment onto something or someone else - namely your guides.

Instinct is actually something different than intuition. Instinct is what, for example, birds use when migrating - it's the capacity to make a specific response to an environmental stimulus without involving reason.

Intuition is the ability to gain direct knowledge without any thought - it's more of a 'knowing'.

Our guides do a lot more than just stand around and watch us fail or succeed - but, yes, they do that too. Too many of us want to have our guides whisper in our ear and tell us what to do to get what we want (or what we think we want), well, unfortunately it doesn't work that way - but if you trust them they are always there for us and we are never alone.

You have suffered a big disappointment, but there is a reason that it didn't pan out - one day or one year you'll most likely learn why - and be thankful for it
Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Deactivated Account

The thread is named "spiritual bias", so maybe it's just taught you not to have a bias.

A similar situation happened to me just recently. Got a job interview, felt it was the perfect one, felt it was divinely timed, got an interview, ect, but I never heard back from them. The way I dealt with it was to just brush it off and carry on with my life. There could be any number of reasons why I didn't get it, maybe I misinterpreted my intuition, maybe my guides were just trying to teach me something, maybe something went wrong or free-will happened and it changed the plan.. I don't know, but I do know that despite it all I came out the end feeling stronger for it anyway.

These things can build us up, or push up down. Things like this happen, and it's just a part of life. You need to accept it, learn what you can from it, then move on. Next time something similar happens, once you've gotten over your resentment, you'll be all the wiser for it.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Greenslade

Quote:

I need to put myself first and not anything spiritual. I'm not interested anymore in 'Who am I or where am I going in life'. It's much simpler to wake up every day and just deal with whatever comes along.

What do you mean exactly... Not to sound too airy-fairy but look at the meaning of the words, not the words themselves.
It's been said time and again that this existence is like a classroom so with everything that happens in my Life I try to gain some kind of understanding from it. So far it's worked out pretty well although for me it's not so much the learning as the experience, and that's been a pretty good tool in many ways.

The airy-fairy part was referring to "turning hurts into halos", something I came across many years ago. It's about being able to turn situations such as these around into something that serves either us or others in some useful way, turning the negatives into positives if you like.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, or at least it can do if we don't succumb to the victim mentality.

In the present, our perceptions of the past create our realities in the future. How you perceive what has happened will change your paradigm and in some ways it already has because you said trusting your instinct would be foolish, and you said that it would be simpler to wake up every day and take it as it comes. Strangely enough taking one day as it comes could be seen as Spiritual from a 'living in the Now' perspective.

The top and bottom of it is the question of how you move on from here and what you will take with you. Drop the baggage or take it with you. And Spiritual is yourself. "You can't run away from what you have been a part of since before you were born." You are Spirit - we all are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Instinct is actually something different than intuition. Instinct is what, for example, birds use when migrating - it's the capacity to make a specific response to an environmental stimulus without involving reason.

Intuition is the ability to gain direct knowledge without any thought - it's more of a 'knowing'.

I wholly agree with the complete post but I'd like to highlight this part because that's where the thread stems from. There's a huge learning opportunity here - or not as the case may be. It would be a shame, Yellow, to throw that opportunity away because of a misconception.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:13 AM
yellowlawn

This all sounds to much like an organised religion reply. If after seeing those signs etc I would have got the job everyone would be congratulating me on my spiritual awareness et al. And complimenting on how well I had worked in unison with spirit in getting a new job.

But say anything negative about how seeing positive signs from spirit and not getting the job, and oh it was all my fault and I shouldn't pay to much attention to signs from the spirit realm after all. I cannot hold them responsible for my poor performance.

And I accept all my foibles and weaknesses that obviously cost me the job. And if I should take those signs with a pinch of salt as you are suggesting, then why does spirit go to the trouble at all of giving them, knowing I will ignore there signs.

I don't know maybe you are all spiritual commando's and I'm the social leper here.

I had a reading my some kind fellow about 9 months ago, telling me how next year (2015) I would be a different man and be a medium myself. How can I sit in front of someone and tell them all this information coming into my head is a message from spirit. Without thinking it is all hogwash. I mean imagine if you had told me a very personal secret about you that you wouldn't want anyone else to know. One which would have massive implications for you if I did. Then I went and told all those people what you told me in confidence. You'd be feeling betrayed and mortified. Then imagine a few weeks down the line, me asking you to share some other intimate details with me. You wouldn't do it. Once bitten, twice shy.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:54 AM
Master

It seems you are not in the frame of mind to even consider what we're saying to you. You took the fact that you were off on the day of your interview as a sign from spirit - that is not necessarily so. You said that prior to this you'd been reading in your horoscope about upcoming changes in career, etc. - this can still happen. Even the fact that your partner had received an email at work asking for voluntary severances which, if she took it, would tide you over until she found a new job, that did fit in nicely but again, was it really a message from spirit?

What foibles and weaknesses cost you the job - maybe this whole exercise was for you to acknowledge those weaknesses and foibles and work on them to eradicate them before you apply for another position.

I don't think anyone as said you shouldn't pay too much attention to signs from spirit and no-one has said it was all your fault. We're just trying to help you through the experience.

Perhaps it may help to understand the relationship with our spirit guides and how it comes about. Before incarnating YOU decide what lessons you would like to work on when you come to this earthly plane and you chose your main spirit guide before incarnating to be with you and guide you from birth until death - others will come to you to see you through certain issues or lessons - they don't just arbitrarily pop into your life.

And your guides will only help you accomplish and do things that honour the purpose that you set for yourself before incarnating.

Did you ask your spirit guides to help you find a job/career that will allow you to move from where you are? It does help to ask and to ask them to nudge you into recognizing the right opportunities. Your guides often don't intervene until you ask them to because to do so would violate your free will.

Then learn to recognize when your guides are communicating with you. They will choose the intuitive gift that you are best at - such as clairaudience, clairvoyance etc. I often get messages through my dreams and I hear a voice.

It's important, too, to learn how to distinguish between messages from your guides and messages from other sources and/or your ego. Guides will not tell you what to do. Through communication they may sort of suggest or reveal in some way the route you should follow but they will ultimately leave it up to you.

The ego and also entities of a negative nature may have you think that you "just have to have" that certain something or that you "just have to" do that certain something to make you happy with your life - but your true guides will never do that. And your guides never get angry with you, they are always loving and 'there' for you.

So, again, I say please don't give up on your guides because in a way you would be giving up on yourself

As for being a medium and doing a reading for someone - quote "all this information coming into my head is a message from spirit". If you're a medium then you would be communicating with people who have died and passed on and giving their messages to their loved ones here on the earth plane; in which case you'd know it wasn't hogwash!