Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
It's not a zero-sum-game Capacity. One having doesn't take away from another. But that is the common belief in society today.

I don't know how it works but more is created, and in ways we have not considered. There would be enough for all if we let go of the fears of either having or not having. Precluding yourself from some abundance is as debilitating as not having, IMO.

And, no, I can't "prove" this. I just see it in action.

Lora

P.S. Whether the millionaire chooses to help others with his/her money is entirely their choice, just as you can do with your abundance any way you choose.
No I am not looking at it that way at all. I don't believe my abundance takes away from another. I'm just saying I couldn't sleep at night in my second home in Aspen knowing that a little child is sleeping outside because her parents can't find work.
Old 13-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
No I am not looking at it that way at all. I don't believe my abundance takes away from another. I'm just saying I couldn't sleep at night in my second home in Aspen knowing that a little child is sleeping outside because her parents can't find work.

But isn't this a trap Capacity? Will there ever be a time when you don't see the need of someone else and feel they deserve before you? I know the impulse to help is there, but I do think it can prevent people from allowing themselves to have.

You can't solve everyone else's problems--just have to concentrate on you first.

Maybe I'm being too simplistic.

Lora
Old 13-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
But isn't this a trap Capacity? Will there ever be a time when you don't see the need of someone else and feel they deserve before you? I know the impulse to help is there, but I do think it can prevent people from allowing themselves to have.

You can't solve everyone else's problems--just have to concentrate on you first.

Maybe I'm being too simplistic.

Lora
A vacation home is not a need. I don't see how that is a trap. No man should have two loafs of bread while their neighbor has none. IMO and in my heart.
Old 13-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
A vacation home is not a need. I don't see how that is a trap. No man should have two loafs of bread while their neighbor has none. IMO and in my heart.

And in my heart I don't think it is sinful to want/deserve/appreciate comfort, a vacation home you love--while still being a worthwhile person.

If you don't need two loaves--great, give the other away. But if you are giving one away that you need, there is a kind of ...owing that you feeling someone owes you--some reward for doing without. That's the kind of "selflessness" --that really isn't--IMO.

It's a road fraught with difficulties. Altruism is great, but if you are depriving yourself in order to be altruistic, are you really doing anyone any goo?.

It's like the advice of climbers or airplane staff that tell parents--first secure your own mask, and then your child. Don't worry about all the other climbers--you take care of yourself or you will threaten the safety of the entire climbing group.

You must care for yourself first. You have a responsibility to care for yourself before you try to give to others. Because what you create is a weakened you, which needs the help of others anyway.

Obviously, we are in different camps on this. Especially on this site, I hear this sentiment a lot. I just think there is another side to it.

Lora
Old 13-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
And in my heart I don't think it is sinful to want/deserve/appreciate comfort, a vacation home you love--while still being a worthwhile person.

If you don't need two loaves--great, give the other away. But if you are giving one away that you need, there is a kind of ...owing that you feeling someone owes you--some reward for doing without. That's the kind of "selflessness" --that really isn't--IMO.

It's a road fraught with difficulties. Altruism is great, but if you are depriving yourself in order to be altruistic, are you really doing anyone any goo?.

It's like the advice of climbers or airplane staff that tell parents--first secure your own mask, and then your child. Don't worry about all the other climbers--you take care of yourself or you will threaten the safety of the entire climbing group.

You must care for yourself first. You have a responsibility to care for yourself before you try to give to others. Because what you create is a weakened you, which needs the help of others anyway.

Obviously, we are in different camps on this. Especially on this site, I hear this sentiment a lot. I just think there is another side to it.

Lora

I don't know.... As a father and a grandfather, depriving myself comes naturally. As a human being compassion comes naturally.
What I'm talking about isn't about right or wrong, it's just what comes naturally with me.
Old 14-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Master
Quote:
No man should have two loafs of bread while their neighbor has none.
That seems overly black and white. What if the other man has everything needed to get their own loaf of bread but chooses not to? What if the other man has celiac and would get sick from eating that bread? What if the first man is feeding his seven children?

Seems to me the issue is not who has bread but rather if some are denying others a chance to get bread so that they can have extra.
Old 14-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't know.... As a father and a grandfather, depriving myself comes naturally. As a human being compassion comes naturally.
What I'm talking about isn't about right or wrong, it's just what comes naturally with me.

See, Capacity, this is what I'm talking about.

If you had said, "This is what gives me joy"--I'd say great, do what gives you joy.

But you said "depriving myself". That's really telling. It means that you notice that you've given up for others--and that, acknowledged or not, often leads to a sense of something owed back or else some resentments deeply held--maybe when the "sacrifice" isn't acknowledged properly.

One of my (surprising) favorite books is called Emmanuel's Book. He is a channelled entity--which I don't usually like. But the entire vibe of the book is so..reassuring that life is as it should be, that we are doing what we all need to be doing--learning and growing.

When asked the question: Is working for material things a hindrance to our spiritual purpose? he says:

"Not if you see material things as materialized consciousness. When one is in the material world one must have good and clothing. And one desires a home that is beautiful, comfortable, a place to be.

These are the acoutrements of self-love. When self-love is truly acknowledged you will not deny yourself any of these things. Self-love will open your hands to receive as well as to give.

And certainly it is not taking something away from someone else. Your universe is boundless. THere is more than enough of everything for everyone.

How does one take in the bounty that is there? What does one do to deserve opulence? You think this is not a difficulty? Wait and see.

Until such a time when you have mastered the art of receiving, you must supply yourself with the material necessities.

If you can release your guilt about money and accept it as part of the Divine universe and the physical reality of your earth, you will see that it has no more or less power than you give it. It is a necessity. You all hold the sense of money too tightly.

Next question: Sometimes I don't ask for "success" on this physical plane because it feels like I should find Joy in what is here and now and I get confused about wanting for myself. Do you have any feelings about this?

I have very strong feelings on that. There is a misconception permeating spiritual practice that says, "You must want nothing in order to have everything."

If that is taken in the context in which it was given, the "want" that is referred to there is greed.

However, when there is desire to taste the abundance of your world and to receive it with love, I see no reason at all why you should not have it.

There is only conflict where you believe there is a separation between the bounty of your world and the bounty of God's love.

He says it all for me.

Lora
Old 14-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Master
Hello,

Just throwing something in here.

For me it seems that I can think about something all i want, but if I don't put any effort into making it happen, then it ain't going to happen.

Find very little in life is a given, it takes some foot work to get it done.
Old 14-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Just throwing something in here.

For me it seems that I can think about something all i want, but if I don't put any effort into making it happen, then it ain't going to happen.

Find very little in life is a given, it takes some foot work to get it done.

Have you ever actually listened to some of the Abraham-Hicks YouTube videos? It's not just about "thinking about something". There are some conditions--like you have to be sort of "connected"--feeling calm and OK. The thing you think about has to matter to you--more than just a passing fancy.

Anyway, if you listen to a few of those, with real people's questions and real people's skepticism--it becomes more clear. Then you can test it more fairly.

But, yes, sometimes we have to do some work too--or at least continue living and not just sit back waiting for the wishes to be fulfilled. And sometimes the thing we want comes in other ways, or ways that are slower---but they get answered. In my experience, anyway.

Lora
Old 14-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
That seems overly black and white. What if the other man has everything needed to get their own loaf of bread but chooses not to? What if the other man has celiac and would get sick from eating that bread? What if the first man is feeding his seven children?

Seems to me the issue is not who has bread but rather if some are denying others a chance to get bread so that they can have extra.
I follows heart and I ask for nothing in return. If I think it's the thing to do then I do it and trust that.