Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Master
There are many descriptions of God in the scriptures and writings. A complete statement however is that God is Perfect.

God is love, but also He hates certain things.
God is Love. Light.
Truth.
For some though, the Light is reason to flee or hide, because the Light reveals their wrongs and errancies to which they are committed to.
The things of the world and flesh which they love more. Not realizing that the world is illusory and temporary, which they attach themselves to.

There are those who for their faith, "which works by love", resist the world and it's dictates even if they suffer for it. They have found "The Pearl of Great Price" in Jesus.
www.persecution.org

Example:

"As recently as September 27th, Radio Free Asia reported that the wife and five children of imprisoned pastor Nguyen Cong Chinh had been arbitrarily locked up in their own home, with police sealing the gates of the house with wire and setting up a checkpoint outside.
Chinh’s wife, Tran Thi Hong, said she was unable to even take one of her children to see a doctor. She believes the authorities may be trying to prevent her from visiting Pastor Chinh, who is serving an 11-year sentence."

http://www.persecution.org/2013/10/08/more-than-60-church-leaders-remain-locked-up-in-communist-vietnam/

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-10-2013, 12:03 PM
StaroftheSea

This is interesting that this evening (after opening the Bible randomly at approximately 5pm where I came upon Jesus' Holy Scriptures in Samuel in relation to "Saul's life", that I open up this Thread and read your quote about Jesus and Saul Jojo!

Love and best wishes

Jojo,

[Jojo]
That's sounds great and all, And MANY would like to believe this, EVEN if they're intentionally living a life unpleasing to Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). and though Jehovah God is a God of love, he's NOT one to me played with ,(Gal. 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap). Do people, Really believe “God” ,(and most are referring to Jesus, but i'm speaking on his father first!), would hear their prayers ESPECIALLY if they refuse to do right? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, But scriptures shows he DOESN'T! ,Here's a few ,(Pro. 1:28-32). true he doesn't want us to pray for stupid things like, “lord make my team win”. repeat a prayer over and over, like “god is great, god is good...”. Or asking God for many material thing. Here Saul who served Jehovah God, DIDN'T obey Jehovah's command. Later he became afraid of a mighty army they had to fight, and went to God in prayer. But Jehovah refuse to answer ,(1 Sam. 28:6 And when Saul inquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets).

NOW!... speaking on Jesus, which MANY are referring to when praying. ANY who's praying to Jesus, HE WILL NOT HEAR! And for those who refuse to believe this. They really need to start believing the WORDS of the man they claim to serve, JESUS. First Jesus GAVE an example prayer, and WHO to really pray to ,(Matt. 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name). We are to make his Fathers name holy. But how can we, if we refuse to even get to know his Father, just as we believe we know him. We need to, it means our life ,(John17:3). People pray to Jesus, then ending... “IN YOUR NAME”. But Jesus shows our prayers SUPPOSE to go to his Father, through him ,(John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me). He mean we have to end saying.. “in Jesus name”. People don't understand, true servants of Jehovah before Jesus came and died. Had to use sacrifice animals, when they prayed, the lamb was for sins. This is why Jesus is called the lamb, because he came and died for the sins of mankind. He was the “sacrificial Lamb” ,(Rev.14:1 ,1Cor. 5:7 ,Isa. 53:7).

therefore ALL humans should pray to his Father through Jesus. because just as the men of old prayers couldn't get to Jehovah God because they were imperfect, so are we. And Jesus is the mediator between his Perfect Father, and imperfect humans ,(1 Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus). Jesus ALSO showed HIS FATHER, won't answer ANY prayers of those who refuse to worship him ,(John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth). Don't misunderstand, even his TRUE worshipers, are sinners. Jesus meant those who's trying to do his Fathers WILL, God hears their prayers. Those who REFUSE do to worship is Father God WON'T hear. But ANY!... who WANTS to START doing the will of his Father, his prayers WILL be heard. Simply because they are NOW truly trying to follow Jesus, not half-stepping, being part of satan's world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). peace
Old 26-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Ecthalion

God listens to all. Whether they are Jews, Muslims, Christians, members of other faiths or of no faith at all. God hears us and if we call out to Him He answers.

Why would He ignore the prayers of one who leads a wicked life? In praying they are taking their first step towards finding God and ceasing to be wicked. A thing which God would encourage.

God loves us all and ignores none of his children.

God is love.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Your god is cruel. Mine listens to all of his children (even atheists) and tries to guide them back to Him. God loves us all, saints and sinners alike.

if my God was "cruel" ,he wouldn't have wanted to give us a chance to live forever. even though Adam originally took that gift away from us ,(Gen. 2:16,17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die). He wouldn't have sent his son in our behalf ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent), And (John 3:16). if you read my post right, you would have seen where I showed he loves ALL, but he's NOT one to be played with. Even if MANY refuse to believe “MY” God, Jehovah ,(Exo.6:3), is the SAME God, that want ALL us to live ,(Ezek. 33:11). even those who has negative things to say concerning him. You said my God, but you need to take many of what I post ,up with Jesus. Because it's HIS WORDS which said those things from the scriptures I post ,(John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth).

It's Jesus who said his Father ONLY... hear the prayers of those who's trying to serve him. And if i'm not mistaken, I also said that he WILL hear words of those who wants... to follow Jesus, serve him, and be NO part of satan's world. Funny, many refuse to believe even the words of the one they claim to follow, Jesus. And understand if Jesus, told false ministers of his day, that basically ,they were satan children ,(John 8:44). what would make one believe ALL today, (those who REFUSE to worship the God of Israel), Jehovah. And follow Jesus, would be looked at as children of God? Jesus ALREADY showed, those ONLY... doing his Father's WILL. Are seen as his spiritual family ,(Matt. 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother). So even if MANY refuse the words of Jehovah God and Jesus, it will still stand. We can either se it, understand it, and CHANGE. Or ignore it, and be destroyed, it's our world! peace
Old 10-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
We can either se it, understand it, and CHANGE. Or ignore it, and be destroyed, it's our world! peace
That is blackmail, which is cruel: "Do as I say or be destroyed."
God doesn't think like that, but many who claim to follow Him do. They spread intolerance and hatred, when God only wants us to love.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Mary Baker

I believe it is the intent of the heart, not any particular form of prayer, that helps us be aware of The Lord.
God looks on the heart.

Various prayer forms may help us our consciousness but are not magic formulas.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
God listens to all. Whether they are Jews, Muslims, Christians, members of other faiths or of no faith at all. God hears us and if we call out to Him He answers.

Why would He ignore the prayers of one who leads a wicked life? In praying they are taking their first step towards finding God and ceasing to be wicked. A thing which God would encourage.

God loves us all and ignores none of his children.

God is love.
Whoa! You a blessed with insight.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Ecthalion

Thank you Miss H.
Old 18-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Master
Of course we are all children of God, creationally.
But obviously not all are, relationship wise.

Of course God loves all, for He is Love.
A complete statement about God through, is that he is Perfect.

Perfect in Love, and perfect in judgement. Hence, the atonement of Christ for us, regarding His Love for all.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-11-2013, 11:04 AM
StaroftheSea

Spot on Mary; for example when I pray Jesus and Our Lady Mary's Holy Rosaries if I do not focus on Jesus and Him dying on the Cross for us or am distracted thinking about something else and not praying to fully open up my Heart and communicate with Jesus; then Jesus/God knows this.

Similarly its of no use me asking forgiveness without a contrite Heart or a Heart being genuine and remorseful,

(I know you know all of this Mary)

Love and kindest wishes