Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
It's hard following all the ten comdmandments well it's not hard it's just that I dont. I'll admit that I lie and may not always obey my parents often. I just sometimes come to the conclusion that if god is so perfect and does not make any mistakes than why does he expect us to be perfect ? or live up to his standards. I mean than you wonder why some people are athiest because they sorta of live by this care-free motto. They don't stress over doing whats right or wrong because I think to them being a good person is just apart of them. I mean I have my doubts about god sometimes but who dosent ?. I sometimes think that it's a joke here you have this all perfect enity as he watches his creations on earth kill each other and just cause havoc. But still strive to get ino this paradise at the end of life.
The point of Jesus' teaching is not to try to be perfect, it's to show us that we aren't perfect. That message is for people who see themselves as good and look down on others. But they aren't good themselves either, they just pretend to be and try to force impossible standards on others.

Jesus wasn't saying to never look at anyone with lust, he was saying - "You judge people who commit adultery and think you are good because you don't do it, but you are actually not any better than them" He's talking against hypocrisy, people pretending to be good and looking down on others. Which is usually part of any spiritual group.

Last edited by Seawolf : 06-09-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Gracey

Quote:
but the force is strong well hopefully if i'm ever in a commited relationship i won't fall astray. But I'm single and ready to mingle.

haha, yep that force is real strong, i know all about it...took me til my 40's to find the man who keeps my mind and heart. and who knows in the future circumstances may lead me to lustful thoughts of another and if it does, it does. will have to work on it from there. we are human after all!

have fun mingling out there, be you and have fun!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Okay so I wouldn't call myslef a devoute christian and i go to church every once in a blue moon. I Kind of don't read the bible alot but as a kid the ten conmandments always put fear in me because I felt that I was not living right how god wanted me to live by the word. I'm not trying to come off as making a mockery of the bible but there are verses that I don't sometimes agree with. Like lusting in the heart I mean does it apply to married people? or does it apply to everyone that we are not supposed to look at each other in that nature. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Adultery27"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; 28but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.…

Matthew 5:28

Point is, is that evolved humanity is a fallen situation, in this organic aspect in time and space. Speaking of what the Bible calls the, "Carnal".
The ten commandments are God's perfect law for humanity, but, it is evident that no one can keep them perfectly.
They are the standard which we fall short of.

So we see from early on how sacrificial atonement was intituted by God, and, that Jesus is the "Lamb of God", and the sacrifice to end all sacrifices.

Two kinds only in the world... sinners lost, sinners saved, so choose.
Understand, that Christ's shed blood, shed for you as long prophesied about, covers all your imperfections before God, and your sins.
Because God is Love, and He loves you.

"Saved" means rescued, as by another. And "Grace" means unmerited favor, borne of Love for you. You can't stop being human, in the world. But, you can be saved.

"The just shall walk by faith, and not by sight."

"Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow."
The Bible

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 06-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Lux123

The bible as we know it was only written down as third and forth hand information in the second century. Most of the texts and gospels weren't canonically approved until after the council of Nicea in the early forth century. Even then some books weren't included. The bible is the inspired word of God, however human nature is fallible, as not everything in the bible should be taken literally. It wasn't handed to the church, but was an evolution along with the Christian faith.

I don't get too hung up over biblical interpretations, else I'd still be sacrificing goats and keeping slaves.

My view,of course is controversial. Apologies in advance.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
This verse means something different to me now than it used to. It used to mean, no cheating on your husband or wife and looking at a sexy person and thinking sexy thoughts would be cheating.

Thats not what it means to me now,

TO me it means, Noone should look at someone else as an abject. We shouldn't stare at another thinking only sexual thoughts. We should really SEE this person with out hearts and not with our eyes only. Married or not.

Jatd that is true. I wish people can see others like that.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
The point of Jesus' teaching is not to try to be perfect, it's to show us that we aren't perfect. That message is for people who see themselves as good and look down on others. But they aren't good themselves either, they just pretend to be and try to force impossible standards on others.

Jesus wasn't saying to never look at anyone with lust, he was saying - "You judge people who commit adultery and think you are good because you don't do it, but you are actually not any better than them" He's talking against hypocrisy, people pretending to be good and looking down on others. Which is usually part of any spiritual group.
thanks seawolf because people tend to be hyprocrites and worry about other people's lawn when thier own grass isn't even cut.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux123
The bible as we know it was only written down as third and forth hand information in the second century. Most of the texts and gospels weren't canonically approved until after the council of Nicea in the early forth century. Even then some books weren't included. The bible is the inspired word of God, however human nature is fallible, as not everything in the bible should be taken literally. It wasn't handed to the church, but was an evolution along with the Christian faith.

I don't get too hung up over biblical interpretations, else I'd still be sacrificing goats and keeping slaves.

My view,of course is controversial. Apologies in advance.

Lux123 No need to apologize. you are right about getting hung upon it but it is scary to think about it.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Point is, is that evolved humanity is a fallen situation, in this organic aspect in time and space. Speaking of what the Bible calls the, "Carnal".
The ten commandments are God's perfect law for humanity, but, it is evident that no one can keep them perfectly.
They are the standard which we fall short of.

So we see from early on how sacrificial atonement was intituted by God, and, that Jesus is the "Lamb of God", and the sacrifice to end all sacrifices.

Two kinds only in the world... sinners lost, sinners saved, so choose.
Understand, that Christ's shed blood, shed for you as long prophesied about, covers all your imperfections before God, and your sins.
Because God is Love, and He loves you.

"Saved" means rescued, as by another. And "Grace" means unmerited favor, borne of Love for you. You can't stop being human, in the world. But, you can be saved.

"The just shall walk by faith, and not by sight."

"Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow."
The Bible

I need to be saved and give my soul to god. I'm lost for the most part.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
haha, yep that force is real strong, i know all about it...took me til my 40's to find the man who keeps my mind and heart. and who knows in the future circumstances may lead me to lustful thoughts of another and if it does, it does. will have to work on it from there. we are human after all!

have fun mingling out there, be you and have fun!

thanks Gracey I hope you and your significant other are happy in life. I wish you the best. that is true we are only humen after all too.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:20 AM
StaroftheSea

When I came across all Readings and Psalms within Jesus New Testament over the past 5 years reading His Bible it was a shock to me too and I had some repenting to do last year and this year in relation to 'looking' at males, though it was intended as looking for my Twin Flame as vehicles drove by! The few times this happened I had repented.

Co-incidentally (though nothing is a co-incidence when one is spiritual) last evening in bed while praying for The Holy Souls in Purgatory, the Conversion of sinners and World Peace, this exact subject matter arose and I asked God for His Forgiveness until I make Confession next week on my usual visit. It arose after one train or line of thought (seemingly non-related) triggered to another and am landed with this yet again. I have not been looking at Men though and get on better with Women usually which is interesting!

Must be something have forgotten in my past!

Great topic; we all learn,

Love and wishes