Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Master
I have a problem with this verse

Okay so I wouldn't call myslef a devoute christian and i go to church every once in a blue moon. I Kind of don't read the bible alot but as a kid the ten conmandments always put fear in me because I felt that I was not living right how god wanted me to live by the word. I'm not trying to come off as making a mockery of the bible but there are verses that I don't sometimes agree with. Like lusting in the heart I mean does it apply to married people? or does it apply to everyone that we are not supposed to look at each other in that nature. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Adultery27"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; 28but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.…

Matthew 5:28
Old 06-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; 28but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29

Jesus is addressing people who judge others who commit adultery, yet would lust after other women themselves. If we judge others alot, we might want to take a look at ourselves.

When you're married or in a committed relationship, it's hurtful and disrespectful to your partner to always be looking at other men/women with lust.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Gracey

complete loyalty....plain and simple. when you love someone 100 percent, you will not stray in emotion or thoughts of others in a romantic way.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:05 PM
livingkarma

My interpretation is to be loyal & respectful to one's spouse, to be mindful - aware - conscious at all times of one's marital vows & to correct one's thoughts & behavior of lust ...
If a person strays by looking at another person sexually or thinks about commiting adultery, s/he should stop themself asap & return to remembering their commitment ...
We are human beings apt to unconscious thinking as well as intentional actions ...
The harsh tone in this as well as all commandments is to instill their value, to allow people to know there are consequences for disobedience ...
As proof of its legal consequences, adultery is a justified cause for divorce in the courts ...
Throughout history to present time, some wounded spouses take this betrayal into their own hands by killing, disfiguring, emotionally or physically crippling their spouse ...
The 10 Commandments is a guideline to follow to be good people, to interact w/others in an honest manner ...
Old 06-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Jesus is addressing people who judge others who commit adultery, yet would lust after other women themselves. If we judge others alot, we might want to take a look at ourselves.

When you're married or in a committed relationship, it's hurtful and disrespectful to your partner to always be looking at other men/women with lust.

thanks for explaining it to me. I always thought that it was sinful to look at someone who you find attractive in a lustful manner. I hate that people judge animals don't judge like people do.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
complete loyalty....plain and simple. when you love someone 100 percent, you will not stray in emotion or thoughts of others in a romantic way.
will thats were people fail at because they do look at other people in a romantic way but how does one stop it.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
will thats were people fail at because they do look at other people in a romantic way but how does one stop it.

if you struggle you have to decide to. you have to want to too....

the song on the radio now is blurred lines...how ironic.

i have had one relationship where my thoughts and feelings were 100 percent loyal. pure love, nothing else...no trying to it. that is how i know this guy was the one for me. all others i did look at other guys.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
My interpretation is to be loyal & respectful to one's spouse, to be mindful - aware - conscious at all times of one's marital vows & to correct one's thoughts & behavior of lust ...
If a person strays by looking at another person sexually or thinks about commiting adultery, s/he should stop themself asap & return to remembering their commitment ...
We are human beings apt to unconscious thinking as well as intentional actions ...
The harsh tone in this as well as all commandments is to instill their value, to allow people to know there are consequences for disobedience ...
As proof of its legal consequences, adultery is a justified cause for divorce in the courts ...
Throughout history to present time, some wounded spouses take this betrayal into their own hands by killing, disfiguring, emotionally or physically crippling their spouse ...
The 10 Commandments is a guideline to follow to be good people, to interact w/others in an honest manner ...
It's hard following all the ten comdmandments well it's not hard it's just that I dont. I'll admit that I lie and may not always obey my parents often. I just sometimes come to the conclusion that if god is so perfect and does not make any mistakes than why does he expect us to be perfect ? or live up to his standards. I mean than you wonder why some people are athiest because they sorta of live by this care-free motto. They don't stress over doing whats right or wrong because I think to them being a good person is just apart of them. I mean I have my doubts about god sometimes but who dosent ?. I sometimes think that it's a joke here you have this all perfect enity as he watches his creations on earth kill each other and just cause havoc. But still strive to get ino this paradise at the end of life.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
if you struggle you have to decide to. you have to want to too....

the song on the radio now is blurred lines...how ironic.

i have had one relationship where my thoughts and feelings were 100 percent loyal. pure love, nothing else...no trying to it. that is how i know this guy was the one for me. all others i did look at other guys.

but the force is strong well hopefully if i'm ever in a commited relationship i won't fall astray. But I'm single and ready to mingle.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Master
This verse means something different to me now than it used to. It used to mean, no cheating on your husband or wife and looking at a sexy person and thinking sexy thoughts would be cheating.

Thats not what it means to me now,

TO me it means, Noone should look at someone else as an abject. We shouldn't stare at another thinking only sexual thoughts. We should really SEE this person with out hearts and not with our eyes only. Married or not.