Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-09-2012, 04:40 PM
dhaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
By dint of living we become life. Its not at all about individuals. You have the genetic memory in you of all of life , going right back to the Amino gooey stuff that kick started it all.

Did you know then that as a result of that we all share a common history, a common now and a common evolution.

The OPs remarks about people in your life not being as special as one might initially think. Au Contraire,, They are facets of you. And they reflect brilliantly

I see where you're coming from with genetic memory, but how does that relate to actual memory as we know it, the memory of experiences that we ourselves have experienced? Are you saying we have the ability to view and "remember" experiences that have not actually happened to us, but to our ancestors?

Also, wouldn't this genetic memory only have bearing along our own genetic lines? Sure, we share common ancestors from ago, but the experiences of, say, my wife's grandfather, wouldn't be in MY genetic memory, because he is not anywhere in my personal genetic line, other than the aforementioned common ancestor.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Master
I agree with "starting over" deal. Every-time we become human we have to forget our previous life. First off when descending into human consciousness, human consciousness is fixed in a meter of time between birth and death. And most of us can not even remember what happened past 3 years old because the birth into human consciousness was so traumatic in the womb that it erases any spiritual remembrance. They say it is better for the person to forget their past life to move onto the next.

I remember Christ telling his Apostles that John was Elijah to come. Its funny because in his instance with John he could pick up his past life because their spirits were intertwined. They knew each other but John who wasn't as advanced as Christ could not perceive his own past lives in detail.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
dhaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
They say it is better for the person to forget their past life to move onto the next.

Who is "they"? ;) Have "they" ever remembered pieces of their past lives and wanted to know more? Once remembered, I can't forget mine; I'm sure most others are in a similar situation. Remembering some is like a tease, and just makes me want to seek others who remember as well. Maybe we're supposed to do the learning after life, before we have another go. It doesn't feel that way for me, however.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Juanita

small children remember who they are and where they came from.....they have what to us seems like "imaginary" freinds with whom they hold conversations....they often see members of their family that have passed away.......It is only through the passage of time and the reinforcement of their parents that it is all imagination....that they take hold of "this" life......but still, occasionally, I think that we all "remember" a thing or two......
Old 04-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaga
Who is "they"? ;) Have "they" ever remembered pieces of their past lives and wanted to know more? Once remembered, I can't forget mine; I'm sure most others are in a similar situation. Remembering some is like a tease, and just makes me want to seek others who remember as well. Maybe we're supposed to do the learning after life, before we have another go. It doesn't feel that way for me, however.

Totally agree with you dhaga! The pieces remembered are confounded teasers. And, no matter how many of them I get, I never have the complete picture of which life was what.

[But now that I think of it, I think I am being given "tie-togethers"--things that tie together this Alternate Life dream with that written name with that ancestry research that popped scenes into my head. Maybe I am being given enough to tie them together--I'm just not patient enough! ]

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Master
Our "built-in amnesia" in relation to past lives
Yes, I am familiar with the idea of past-life amnesia. What about alternate-dimensional amnesia?
The concept of "past" loses most of its meaning when contemplating trans-dimensional beingness.
I agree with the idea that memories are not a function of brains; they are in the sphere of mind.
[but then there is a thing called 'motor-memory' to further complicate matters]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Master
Horace--

I'm not sure whether the lives are "past" or does really change the concept--we are still attempting to consciously be in contact with those other-dimensional realities in which we are participating.

I've always accepted the idea that other dimensions don't experience time, therefore, no "past" lives. But I was always confused about whether, if I had the consciousness to be aware of those other lives, if learning in this one would automatically affect all the other lives, creating a cascade of changes throughout my many "lives" and those of everyone attached to them. Yet, it would be as if it had always been this way. It's mind-blowing, but I now feel this would be true.

So, for instance, I have felt I had another life as an apprentice to a shaman or healer type person. I had spent my whole life learning from him, but when he died (at an old age), I was totally thrown off and couldn't continue to do the job I was trained to do because I didn't trust my own instincts without him. There are shadows of this same theme in other lives.

If, for instance, in this life, I finally learned how to accept responsibility for my own creation, power, and could accept the loss of a spiritual mentor, then that life would end differently, even if in my mind it has already "ended". I would assume the responsibilities and that small change would affect other lives that intersected mine, and so on and so on.

Magnify that effect by all the learning, growing, changing going on by the multitudes of entities in the multiverse, and you have this constant shifting of "reality". But that is life, right? That is consciousness--it is always in the pursuit of growth.

Anyway, that's what I've been thinking lately.

Isle - Lora
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
I've always accepted the idea that other dimensions don't experience time, therefore, no "past" lives.
I can imagine a "flatland" type of dimension without an element of time. I don't feel that ALL alternate universes lack the time feature though. Moreover, I don't believe that cause and effect are actually dependant on time in this universe. Recent science supports this too. Observed quantum effects "blow the lid" off the common-sensical notion that: past creates present creates future.
I have read how, in alternate 'spaces', time can be moved through much as we can move left or right here. The time dimension has been "compressed" in our universe -- I believe it is in the process of "unfolding".
What has this to do with "remembering past lives"? The point is that we don't need to 'project' our minds into the past; memories occur in the present, where we are. That being said; I claim no particular skill in accessing memories of past lives. It's all in the imagination.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
I do not think we have amnesia when we reincarnate, it is just that our memories lies within our spirit/soul (or what you want to call it) and the physical body we get to play in is fresh and have no memories yet. The life we have down here is both recorded into our physical body and our spirit. In order to access memories from past lives we smply have to access it within our spirit.

Well done. Spirit contains memory & potential.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
I think we do not remember as our brain is only as old as our bodies. How could it remember something from before it was born!

Past Memories come from elsewhere I believe, hence why its harder to tap into.

We don't remember with our brains. It's the soul that maintains past-life memories at a subconscious level.