Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-07-2018, 02:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
personally i get a lot of mileage out of 'holding my breath'.
I find it a quick way to trigger an awareness shift. After the shift, I start breathing very slight at first then slowly deeper. That allows me to stay in the shifted awareness.

Technical note: I don't 'hold' my breath (as in forcibly keep air inside my lungs), rather I just cease breathing (usually somewhere in the middle of an out breath)

[advanced] suspending breathing for a short time, lowers the energy moving around in your body. This makes it easier to sense very faint energy elsewhere.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenieInABottle
Really? If you don't mind me asking, how do you do that? Do you hold your breath throughout?

Rather than saying 'not breathing' I probably should be saying 'breathing without breathing' as that is a more apt way of putting it.

I've actually been doing it so long there is a lot of detail to what I might do at any given time... but the gist of it is to 'silence' the normal sounds of breathing which kinda feels 'tight' in some ways as you aren't allowing the breath to to dissapate in the way you are used to... then try to 'breath' the way you normally would (in the sense of how you would move muscles around or attempt to change air flow) in spite of the fact you've made it so you can't breath!

I don't usually do it for long periods. I'm not a big fan of trying to hurt myself lol!

This is not for the faint of heart though.
Old 20-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenieInABottle
Hi,

Has anyone experienced meditation to the point where they forget where they physically are? If so, do you know of any techniques to possibly reach that point once again?

Thank you!

It happened to me once too. I don’t think there’s one way to reach it. I was meditating while reciting my mantra in my mind over and over again. And after a while for a brief moment I forgot where I was, i still was reciting my mantra while it happened, so I won’t say i stopped thinking as well. Anyways thanks for sharing. Feels good to know that it happens to other ppl as well, heh.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:23 PM
boshy b. good

yup

be a "kid" and think opposite of your debts and nor debtors, that it's the other way around?