Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 29-09-2006, 11:20 AM
AL

Food, Nature and the environment

FOOD, NATURE and the ENVIRONMENT
All of our food comes from nature and the environment which is sustained by the sun, and the moon cycles. Trying to own any of this is surely a rather limited state of mind.
The most likely cause of change by far right now and ahead is the climate change and environment issues which we now face. It will definitely get worse. Can we do anything to change this for the better through the diet which we maintain for our selves and our family's?
The term "IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM" comes to mind.
It may sound fascist, but there really may be grounds now for saying, if you cannot pass on worthwhile ways to your children, don't bother having any. Do people have the right any more not to educate their children in a worthwhile way? Do Governments have the right not to teach children about food sources in nature and how to use them in the kitchen? The balances within nature and how to sustain them, by letting nature do the work?
School taught me nothing at all about nature and the environment, in the real sense. The source of all that we eat. If it is not from nature or the environment, you probably should not be eating it.
Every child in every school should have a little plot where they grow things. They could start by having a tray each to grow beansprouts on. There should be periods for going out into the environment and getting close enough to understand nature. Instead, they are conditioned in chairs which cause spinal defects to work in offices and industry. We need change, and that is not a political statement, it is common logic.
The alternative is not worth thinking about, but then, we are going to save the world, so there is no need to worry.
Another aspect of all this is the fear aspect. Using it to control the masses by causing fear. It seems that some will do anything to cause fear in us. Fear is a very unhealthy state of mind, spiritual illness, don't let anyone do that to you.
WHEN WE CHANGE, THE WORLD CHANGES.
Old 29-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Knower
What a great post AL, thanks!

I love your idea about children having little plots of land so they can grow things and experience nature first hand. As a child I did what most children do, and relied on our garden as a play space and nothing more. Gardening was most definitely not high on my list of interests! It's only within the last year that, as an adult, I've had a garden of my own, having lived in flats for the last umpteen years. And I can't believe what a difference it has made to my life! I am finding it much easier now to feel a connection with nature and the universe beyond!

We can't "undo" our modern reliance on creature comforts, but I'd really welcome a greater balance with a "back to nature" approach to life

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 04-10-2006, 10:51 AM
AL

plastic pigs

We love our dogs and cats etc, indeed, people appear to have been taught to take in, embrace love and cherrish flesh eating predators which belong outside. And none predators are looked down upon and abused, food fodder, dis respected because they don't hunt and kill then eat the flesh. Are we sure that this is the thinking of humans?
Yet pigs are at least as inteligent as dogs yet can be kept up to their knees in their own excrement. They are clean animals which live in the forest.These snouts are for snuffling and foraging on the forest floor, so they will have a very keen sense of smell, yes, this is how we treat animals. The chicken battery's? Hmm.
There is no creature on the planet who destroys the eco system, well, except we humans(?) that is.
Of course, people don't think of pigs when they buy pork/ ham etc, they see apackage, something else, the blinkers are worn in other words, willing to be dilluded, to dillude the self, all for the lack of an alternative, which has been denied them in life. Poor souls.
And, consider the plastic cartons and containers which food comes in, avoid if poss.
OK, we came here to party and trash the place, we have done so, but we need to be realistic now and apply moderation, if not extreme measures.
Love and compassion for all creatures

Last edited by AL : 06-10-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 13-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL
FOOD, NATURE and the ENVIRONMENT
All of our food comes from nature and the environment which is sustained by the sun, and the moon cycles. Trying to own any of this is surely a rather limited state of mind.
The most likely cause of change by far right now and ahead is the climate change and environment issues which we now face. It will definitely get worse. Can we do anything to change this for the better through the diet which we maintain for our selves and our family's?
The term "IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM" comes to mind.
It may sound fascist, but there really may be grounds now for saying, if you cannot pass on worthwhile ways to your children, don't bother having any. Do people have the right any more not to educate their children in a worthwhile way? Do Governments have the right not to teach children about food sources in nature and how to use them in the kitchen? The balances within nature and how to sustain them, by letting nature do the work?
School taught me nothing at all about nature and the environment, in the real sense. The source of all that we eat. If it is not from nature or the environment, you probably should not be eating it.
Every child in every school should have a little plot where they grow things. They could start by having a tray each to grow beansprouts on. There should be periods for going out into the environment and getting close enough to understand nature. Instead, they are conditioned in chairs which cause spinal defects to work in offices and industry. We need change, and that is not a political statement, it is common logic.
The alternative is not worth thinking about, but then, we are going to save the world, so there is no need to worry.
Another aspect of all this is the fear aspect. Using it to control the masses by causing fear. It seems that some will do anything to cause fear in us. Fear is a very unhealthy state of mind, spiritual illness, don't let anyone do that to you.
WHEN WE CHANGE, THE WORLD CHANGES.

Great thread Al

All the best...

AM
Closed Thread