Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 03-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Master
Angry HELP - PMS

Since I had my son a year and a half ago I have become completely irrational the week before Aunt Flo comes to town.

I have always been pretty calm - not effected by PMS - but now I am ANGRY and feel my blood boiling at the smallest thing.

Then I cry about little things and hate myself and loathe everything.

Then I'm all better.

Anyone have any natural remedies for this? I am not fun to be around and I cant stand it.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 03-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Master
Eliminate caffeine from your diet, if you consume it. Also, the healthier you eat, the better--fresh fruit and vegetables help.

If you're on the verge of losing it, grab some chocolate shortly before your Aunty Flo comes to town, it creates positive endorphins.

I hope this helps. :)
Old 03-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Deactivated Account

For now, I would drink tons of water, and I mean A LOT of it. I can almost bet you will see a difference in less than 24 hours. In the future, I recommend Vitamin B6 and niacin. It is highly effective in regulating moods,especially with depression. You will get an energy boost as well. Since it's winter, you may want to look into vitamin D deficiency. We get Vitamin D from sunlight mainly.Vitamin D is a power house supplement, period. A lot of people are sick and don't realize it because of it's deficiency. I also read it helps with cramps. In short, vitamins supplements are definitely worth looking into.
Lastly, water water water. Water is everything, and I mean everything. Experiment. Try chugging nothing but water (and a lot it) for 25 days and see what happens on your next cycle.

I am no health expert btw,I get all my information from my doctor who I have a great relationship with, she is a woman too which I like because she can identify with me However, always consult with a professional before inducing any kind of supplement, what works for me could be unsafe for you. Forum health rule

Moon do you meditate or practice breathing techniques? Sometimes when we are tense and filled with anxiety and worry, we don't breath probably, it blocks oxygen were it needs to go, probably makes you feel sicker. Try taking very deep breaths, maybe when your at your desk. You will feel a lot better if you blow that stuff out lol..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WMt_1jw47Q
Old 03-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
Eliminate caffeine from your diet, if you consume it. Also, the healthier you eat, the better--fresh fruit and vegetables help.

If you're on the verge of losing it, grab some chocolate shortly before your Aunty Flo comes to town, it creates positive endorphins.

I hope this helps. :)

Thank you... got some chocolate on hand ready to go!

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 03-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
Any excuse for chocolate would do fine for me! lol

Clover's idea about water is a good one. Most of us don't drink anything LIKE enough water in our lives. Water is the basic drink and yet we all seem to have forgotten about it....wonderful stuff.

Another thought is -if you can afford it (and it probably wouldn't cost you as much as you think) -you could have a consultation with a professional medical herbalist. Herbs really do work wonders. I know, as I rely on them if ever I am unwell in any way. Some herbs, like Agnus Castus are very good for balancing hormones. But please don't take my word for that! We are all so different, and what suits one person might not be good for another.
Only a qualified herbalist would take your medical history in a full consultation before prescribing a medicine.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:55 AM
Guide

A lot of pms symptoms are our diet, exercise and stress levels. It causes drastic hormone changes, especially around that time. I think everyone's advice is good....but you also might ask your doctor for a little help. I took a zanax when I had anxiety so bad, and it helped me rest. My doctor would only give me 14 a month...that was as needed. It helped a lot for me. Our cultures seem to have more problems, like Americans, Britains, ect...but others dont, such as the Japanese, because they have better diets than we do.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:46 AM
Master
I find that eating tuna can help immensely. I do disagree with the avoiding of caffeine, some women find it beneficial and caffeine is definitely found in chocolate. Caffeine is included in a lot of otc pms medications and believe me those meds have helped me keep it together. Don't go overboard but I do think it can help.

Don't underestimate the power of exercise either... not just for dealing with any physical ailments but it can be very cathartic for those bad moods. Take any anger out on a punching bag perhaps, it needs a purpose! Kickboxing?... just a thought. I'd also suggest that sometimes we can be extra hard on ourselves and that adds to the problem. Be kind to grumpy you and maybe the kindness will rub off, y'know?

Just my thoughts on it all...

Old 04-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Any excuse for chocolate would do fine for me! lol

Clover's idea about water is a good one. Most of us don't drink anything LIKE enough water in our lives. Water is the basic drink and yet we all seem to have forgotten about it....wonderful stuff.

Another thought is -if you can afford it (and it probably wouldn't cost you as much as you think) -you could have a consultation with a professional medical herbalist. Herbs really do work wonders. I know, as I rely on them if ever I am unwell in any way. Some herbs, like Agnus Castus are very good for balancing hormones. But please don't take my word for that! We are all so different, and what suits one person might not be good for another.
Only a qualified herbalist would take your medical history in a full consultation before prescribing a medicine.

Thanks for the great advice... we have a family member who is a Doctor of Holistic Medicine... I think I will try and pay her a visit...

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 04-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
A lot of pms symptoms are our diet, exercise and stress levels. It causes drastic hormone changes, especially around that time. I think everyone's advice is good....but you also might ask your doctor for a little help. I took a zanax when I had anxiety so bad, and it helped me rest. My doctor would only give me 14 a month...that was as needed. It helped a lot for me. Our cultures seem to have more problems, like Americans, Britains, ect...but others dont, such as the Japanese, because they have better diets than we do.

Thanks for the reply! Coincidently my partner cooks wonderful Japanese food (he's a cook and worked in a Japanese restaurant for a while) and we eat it several times a week... I ALWAYS feel better when eating this way.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 04-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I find that eating tuna can help immensely. I do disagree with the avoiding of caffeine, some women find it beneficial and caffeine is definitely found in chocolate. Caffeine is included in a lot of otc pms medications and believe me those meds have helped me keep it together. Don't go overboard but I do think it can help.

Don't underestimate the power of exercise either... not just for dealing with any physical ailments but it can be very cathartic for those bad moods. Take any anger out on a punching bag perhaps, it needs a purpose! Kickboxing?... just a thought. I'd also suggest that sometimes we can be extra hard on ourselves and that adds to the problem. Be kind to grumpy you and maybe the kindness will rub off, y'know?

Just my thoughts on it all...

Hahaha thanks! This is defiantly good advice - I have been feeling the urge to kick something... i will be doing something about this.

-Lord Rama to Laxman