Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-08-2018, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
You were so "lucky" Earth Angel (if luck is the right word for what happened.)
The police said the same to me.
And yes, same here....two road ambulances, helicopter overhead,3 police vehicles, and two fire engines....all turned up to my adventure.
Old 25-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
Wow Tobi. That was an incredible experience and a miracle you survived and didn't get hurt much. Crazy

EarthAngel, so did your perception of who you are alter any after the experience? Meaning did you think about life or yourself one way before the experience of feeling separate from your body then see things differently now?
Old 25-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Administrator
I To was in a car accident only I was the passenger front seat my sister in law was driving.two of my daughters were in the back along with my niece.
we were on top of the HorseShoe PASS.WHICH IS 365FT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM I remember she was steering the wrong side of the road.i pulled the steering wheel back then I Blacked out I don't know how long I was out.i saw my grandmother she told me I had to go back as it wasn't my time.
I woke up asked the kids if they were ok then I pulled my sister in law off the steering wheel.i asked her what had happened she said she didn't know.my side of the car was gone totally imbedded in rock.the car was crushed I crawled out of the drivers side window.
the kids filled me in the car nearly went over the edge twice they said they could feel a warm light around them.i was the only one injured the seat belt had broken a bone in my shoulder I had to have an op on that.i had very severe whip lash and a huge cut on my head,everybody was amazed that no other cars were on the road at that time or I would have died that was 6 weeks after my husband passed.
but I have had nde before three times.

Namaste
Old 26-08-2018, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
You and your family were very fortunate in that accident Native spirit. Something came to help you all. It was not your time. That was certain. It is strange that happened only 6 weeks after your husband passed, bless him.
Old 26-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Wow Tobi. That was an incredible experience and a miracle you survived and didn't get hurt much. Crazy

EarthAngel, so did your perception of who you are alter any after the experience? Meaning did you think about life or yourself one way before the experience of feeling separate from your body then see things differently now?

All of my life experiences have shaped me into a stronger person, but I had an awful fear of death, I still do fear the unknown at times however, when I was knocked out, it didn’t hurt. There was no pain everything just stopped. It was amazing that Tobi had a relative speak, but I could only hear. It was so strange it felt like my soul flung out of my body when I crashed, like on the film Ghost, when Patrick Swayze’s soul jumps out. I didn’t get very far! It helped me understand that death wasn’t painful, but that could just be the way in which I could have died, it’s not to say other ways are not painful.

I don’t know, I struggle with it...
Old 26-08-2018, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
So that could have been the point. It's normal to fear the unknown. The unknown is scary and our brains are wired to fear death so we do everything in our power to try and survive. It's a part of all living beings on the planet. Threaten an animal and their primal instincts to live kick in. And the interesting thing about humans is that this fear for survival instinct can also become active even if there isn't a physical threat to our selves. Emotional threats can trigger our survival instinct just as much as physical ones. I didn't realize how stuck I was in survival mode because of my upbringing. I also have very strong emotions but that may also be because I felt threatened a lot and afraid all the time. I wasn't in any actual physical danger but my father was very overbearing and authoritarian. So try to keep it in perspective if you can. Pain is a motivator, we do everything in our power to avoid and get rid of pain because it may be a threat to our survival and our brains are wired to survive. They need to be or we would not last long on this planet.

Well anyway, I do think you had a brush with death, you may not have totally crossed but had an opportunity to see you are separate from your body and you will survive even if it dies. From my perspective, there is no other way to look at it if we are outside our bodies looking at it. That can't be an aspect of the brain. Hugs.
Old 26-08-2018, 10:25 PM
Master

Quote:
So that could have been the point. It's normal to fear the unknown. The unknown is scary and our brains are wired to fear death so we do everything in our power to try and survive. It's a part of all living beings on the planet. Threaten an animal and their primal instincts to live kick in. And the interesting thing about humans is that this fear for survival instinct can also become active even if there isn't a physical threat to our selves. Emotional threats can trigger our survival instinct just as much as physical ones. I didn't realize how stuck I was in survival mode because of my upbringing. I also have very strong emotions but that may also be because I felt threatened a lot and afraid all the time. I wasn't in any actual physical danger but my father was very overbearing and authoritarian. So try to keep it in perspective if you can. Pain is a motivator, we do everything in our power to avoid and get rid of pain because it may be a threat to our survival and our brains are wired to survive. They need to be or we would not last long on this planet.

Well anyway, I do think you had a brush with death, you may not have totally crossed but had an opportunity to see you are separate from your body and you will survive even if it dies. From my perspective, there is no other way to look at it if we are outside our bodies looking at it. That can't be an aspect of the brain. Hugs.

yeah i know what it is like to be frightened all the time and stuck where the only thing you can do is just hang on and face the next horror, or even worse spend a lot of time trying to prevent the problems you see coming up (shivers). It isn't any fun. I'm glad you seem to have found a balance though
Old 27-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yeah i know what it is like to be frightened all the time and stuck where the only thing you can do is just hang on and face the next horror, or even worse spend a lot of time trying to prevent the problems you see coming up (shivers). It isn't any fun. I'm glad you seem to have found a balance though
Thanks FallingLeaves. Being human is challenging. It's been a long road to untangle it all but I am finding balance. Hope you have too.
Old 27-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Experiencer
Death is one of the biggest Egregore, so I wouldn't be surprised
Old 28-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:

Thanks for your insight Michelle11, I guess its true, you know yourself how it feels, its just good sometimes to share your experiences and get others thoughts and know youre not going crazy! hehehe xx