Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2006, 01:11 AM
BLAIR2BE

Old Souls

WHAT I MEAN BY "OLD SOULS" ARE "SOULS" THAT HAVE POSSIBLY REINCARNATED MANY TIMES AS APPOSED TO ONLY A FEW TIMES (YOUNG SOULS). IS THIS CONCEPT VALID? OR, PERHAPS, ARE ALL "SOULS" FROM THE BEGINNING OF CREATION? THE SAME "AGE"?
IF ONE'S ENERGY CAN BE "OLD" OR "YOUNG", IS THERE A WAY TO RECOGNIZE THE DIFFERENCE FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER?
I SOMETIMES FEEL FROM OTHERS THAT THERE ENERGY IS "OLDER" OR "YOUNGER". NOW, AM I PERHAPS MISINTERPRETING THE ENERGY I AM FEELING?
I UNDERSTAND THE ENERGETIC CONCEPT OF REINCARNATION (WHY IT WOULD HAPPEN). I ALSO CAN UNDERSTAND THAT ENERGY (SOUL) WOULD NOT ASCEND UNTIL SAID ENERGY WAS "PREPARED".

CAN A SOUL BE OLD?
Old 24-08-2006, 03:07 AM
Master
I believe so....if you define an 'old soul' as one that has had many incarnations. And I also believe you can 'recognize' whether or not a person has an old soul. Even people who dont' believe in reincarnation may feel compelled to ask an 'old soul' for advice....I've had that sort of thing happen to me since I was a child.

As for your 'misinterpreting' their energy....we really need to learn to listen to that little voice of ours. Trust your instincts. :)
Old 30-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Glorymist

BLAIR - - if you knew how many lifetimes an individual Soul reincarnates down here into the physical world - - you wouldn't even like the number - - let alone thinking about living all those lifetimes. Just consider - - how many lifetimes would it take for a "brand new Soul" to go from knowing absolutely *nothing* about these worlds of duality - - on up thru complete power over - - such as Hitler and Sadaam Husain - - on up thru the organized religions - - and farther still ?? How long would it take ?? And stopping off here and there to understand poverty / grief / joy / marriage / ethics / morals / survival / etc ! !

How long would it take ??

People have a tough time giving up a simple habit such as smoking - - let alone a mental / emotional belief that governs their life.

How long would it take ??

"Old Souls" might be considered to be those well along in the organized religions - - and mostly on into the mystery cults / beliefs - - such as Theosophy / gnosticism / the Sikhs / the Essenes / etc. They are beginning to truly wrestle with some very ominous concepts about LIFE around them and how to interact with IT. They tend to carry themselves well, are fairly balanced, have rather high ethics / morals, and are fairly independent.

These are increadibly broad outlines ! ! hee hee hee

It's not necessarily that one's "energy" is young or old. It is that they have learned their lessons - - and show it. They have a way of living their life - - of expressing themselves without outward action. They tend to live - - their Path.

In a sense - - all of these lessons is "preparation." Another way to look at it is purification. Soul Itself cannot be sullied. It is the other bodies / layers / sheaths that Soul must use to interact with these worlds that tend to "over-rule" or command the beliefs of Soul Itself until Soul can take charge and begin to purify the mind / etc. This naturally allows Soul to ascend. Trying to do it otherwise gets one nowhere.

An undersea diver cannot ascend to the surface if they are tied to the bottom. In other words - - if there are limitations that are anchoring Soul here - - to just pretend that they do not matter and just try to "ascend" while carrying them - - just doesn't work. But - - the real kicker is - - the mental worlds are SO incredibly vast that there are areas within the mental worlds that will give the mental impression that one IS ascending even while carrying said limitations. The reason why this con would be run is obvious. It keeps Soul trapped here.

Yes - - a Soul can be "old" - - in the sense that It is learned - - and walks Its lessons knowingly. If one does this via mind - - it leads to feelings of superiority and egoism. If one does this from Soul - - it leads to a VERY difference approach and realization of and to LIFE IT-self.
Old 30-08-2006, 01:55 AM
biyu_wolf_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
WHAT I MEAN BY "OLD SOULS" ARE "SOULS" THAT HAVE POSSIBLY REINCARNATED MANY TIMES AS APPOSED TO ONLY A FEW TIMES (YOUNG SOULS). IS THIS CONCEPT VALID? OR, PERHAPS, ARE ALL "SOULS" FROM THE BEGINNING OF CREATION? THE SAME "AGE"?
IF ONE'S ENERGY CAN BE "OLD" OR "YOUNG", IS THERE A WAY TO RECOGNIZE THE DIFFERENCE FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER?
I SOMETIMES FEEL FROM OTHERS THAT THERE ENERGY IS "OLDER" OR "YOUNGER". NOW, AM I PERHAPS MISINTERPRETING THE ENERGY I AM FEELING?
I UNDERSTAND THE ENERGETIC CONCEPT OF REINCARNATION (WHY IT WOULD HAPPEN). I ALSO CAN UNDERSTAND THAT ENERGY (SOUL) WOULD NOT ASCEND UNTIL SAID ENERGY WAS "PREPARED".

CAN A SOUL BE OLD?
my first bit of advice caps usially means yelling(or expressin a point as glory mist showed) outherwise to the topic yea i think there can be varying levels of knowledge and yea i find my self in with the old souls more often my site(really run down an all) has some info dead link is geocities.com/jodeecmptrwiz/soul_searching.html yea its offa memory outherwise i reccomend http://michaelteachings.com/soul_age_index.html fer info (some arent kind on how it was recieved actually its happened while chattin with one as such) greatr info and thats the index fer soulage related stuff a place that ive memorised the link to
Old 30-08-2006, 01:50 PM
OldSage

Glorymist,

I must admit that I was rather surprised to find someone with the understanding of this topic that you have shown.

You said, '"Old Souls" might be considered to be those well along in the organized religions - - and mostly on into the mystery cults / beliefs - - such as Theosophy / gnosticism / the Sikhs / the Essenes / etc.' Have you considered what follows that? Eventually, these "Old Souls" do leave those studies behind them.

With Love and Light,
Charles, DSS
http://spirit-circle.org/
Old 31-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Glorymist

No - - Old Sage - - I haven't considered what lies beyond.

That's where I am. One can only realize what is behind them when they themselves have moved passed it.

I was trying to keep my reply basic and rather simplistic. I am not necessarily one who adheres to the whole "old / new Soul" bit - - but I figured I'd throw some stuff in before people were led astray.

From my very last sentence of that thread - - "If one does this from Soul - - it leads to a VERY difference approach and realization of and to LIFE IT-self" - - that might give you a very obscure insight as to what I know to be beyond the lower worlds of duality.

But most people have a tough time with the terminology and the basics - - and I do my best to try and clarify what I can because there is SO much misundertanding that is being promoted these days.

When one begins to work past the mystery schools - - it all gets very individualistic and very long. Refinement comes slowly. At this point - - we stubbornly adhere to the core that we believe ourselves to be at this part of the Path - - and to revise and move on takes a long time. The "tools" are there to move forward quickly. Discovery and realization of what is and is not at this level is incredibly vast. Many people bask in the concept that "nothing can be described" in these rather lofty areas so they are able to believe they are where they actually are not. Enough can be "described" to give a very general and accurate awareness of what is beyond the mental worlds.

Few - - VERY few - - (only one that I have run into online) - - has ever been able to give me any kind of viable and actual glimpse of what is beyond the mental worlds. It is a distinction that few can make - - but is incredibly simple. And its "hiding place" is the best there is. Right in front of us ! !

But - - few truly wish to learn. For with true learning and growth comes greater responsibility. Few are ready for that - - let alone wish to take it on.

If you have a good grasp on what is "beyond" the mystery schools - - Old Sage - - I would *love* to hear it.

:->
Old 31-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Glorymist

biyu-wolf - - I had to give a look at that site - - because it is always interesting to see what people are making out of such concepts as "old / new Soul" / etc. But - - I have to admit - - as far as it goes - - it gives some VERY basic and broad outlines that could at least help weed out the extreme individuals in each category.

Overall - - you may find that the "age" of Soul can mostly be ascertained by what they promote as to their understanding / belief / and practice of what LIFE IT-self is and is not - - and how they go about interacting with IT. The vast, vast majority of unlearned / younger Souls consider this physical world to be "it." This is the whole ballgame right here. One shot - - then game over. As one grows - - they begin to take into consideration some kind of higher power - - theyn grow into understanding the nature of cycles, reincarnation, karma, then on into considering the inner worlds and the part they play in it all.

By the time an individual Soul begins to interact deeply with Its own inner worlds - - they are getting well along in it all. This gets back to my first paragraph above. How they view LIFE IT-self - - and how they interact with IT.

To move beyond the mental worlds is perhaps the scariest step on the Path itself. Soul has spent hundreds of thousands of lifetimes considering mind to be the ruler of It's (Soul's) world. To let that go - - is incredibly scary - - even for Soul. Most will drop back into the higher mental areas - - just to play it safe.

When one if able to begin moving beyond the mental worlds - - there are beliefs they will adhere to that are different than any other phase on the Path. They will step away from the current philosophies and mental teachings and begin to interact directly with Divine Spirit IT-self - - by whatever name you wish to call IT.

By the time someone has learned to do this - - they have pretty much learned to keep their mouth shut as to how this is done. This information - - in the hands of the wrong person with the wrong understanding of Life - - (don't mean to show judgement in using the word "wrong" but it carries the concept) - - could and would lead to disaster. So - - no matter what - - many of the finer details of how to go about all of this is left to the individual to discover on their own in their travels of the Inner Worlds and are rarely if ever revealed in outer books / etc.

Such is the way it always has been - - is - - and will be.
Old 31-08-2006, 08:23 PM
biyu_wolf_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
biyu-wolf - - I had to give a look at that site - - because it is always interesting to see what people are making out of such concepts as "old / new Soul" / etc. But - - I have to admit - - as far as it goes - - it gives some VERY basic and broad outlines that could at least help weed out the extreme individuals in each category.

Overall - - you may find that the "age" of Soul can mostly be ascertained by what they promote as to their understanding / belief / and practice of what LIFE IT-self is and is not - - and how they go about interacting with IT. The vast, vast majority of unlearned / younger Souls consider this physical world to be "it." This is the whole ballgame right here. One shot - - then game over. As one grows - - they begin to take into consideration some kind of higher power - - theyn grow into understanding the nature of cycles, reincarnation, karma, then on into considering the inner worlds and the part they play in it all.

By the time an individual Soul begins to interact deeply with Its own inner worlds - - they are getting well along in it all. This gets back to my first paragraph above. How they view LIFE IT-self - - and how they interact with IT.

To move beyond the mental worlds is perhaps the scariest step on the Path itself. Soul has spent hundreds of thousands of lifetimes considering mind to be the ruler of It's (Soul's) world. To let that go - - is incredibly scary - - even for Soul. Most will drop back into the higher mental areas - - just to play it safe.

When one if able to begin moving beyond the mental worlds - - there are beliefs they will adhere to that are different than any other phase on the Path. They will step away from the current philosophies and mental teachings and begin to interact directly with Divine Spirit IT-self - - by whatever name you wish to call IT.

By the time someone has learned to do this - - they have pretty much learned to keep their mouth shut as to how this is done. This information - - in the hands of the wrong person with the wrong understanding of Life - - (don't mean to show judgement in using the word "wrong" but it carries the concept) - - could and would lead to disaster. So - - no matter what - - many of the finer details of how to go about all of this is left to the individual to discover on their own in their travels of the Inner Worlds and are rarely if ever revealed in outer books / etc.

Such is the way it always has been - - is - - and will be.
sounds like great fun as i allready know much of physical is an illusion and im gonna be happy once ive returned to my "true home" but yea i like michael teachings fer the info it can help you understand things better and somewhere i read that old souls as there growingup have the traits of those younger and can wire some of the outhher traits into them

lucky me ive allready removed love and fear from my self they both do nuthing to help me (love well i loved a building literally then they tore it down so think of a love lost sorta thing fear its not helpfull unless its in the rihgt way so its gone too)
Old 09-09-2006, 11:13 PM
BLAIR2BE

TO HAVE FEAR; TO OVERCOME FEAR; IS TO BE COURAGEOUS.
A WISE MAN ONCE SAID "FEAR IS MY ONLY COURAGE"!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Light Mage

Is there any way to try and gauge how old or young your own soul is?

Sometimes I feel very world-weary, and other times I feel so incredibly naive (sp?) about life...
Closed Thread