Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 31-01-2011, 02:16 AM
45Uberti

"proper protection"

Would somebody please explain to me the concept of "protection" and "grounding" yourself before attempting spiritual feats such as astral projection, meditation so forth and so forth.

-What is it?
-Why is it needed?
-What are the dangers of not doing it?
Old 31-01-2011, 02:36 AM
dogninja

before you get hit with canned answers:

firstly, a state of ethical and moral conduct that is in accord with the greater good is important foundational aspect of spirituality. Dingbats like myself jump in headlong only to learn this truth the hard way.

pending who you are, "protection" is a subjective term. I have alot to say on this issue, but will refrain.

thx
Old 31-01-2011, 02:38 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45Uberti
Would somebody please explain to me the concept of "protection" and "grounding" yourself before attempting spiritual feats such as astral projection, meditation so forth and so forth.
I can't explain protection.. really cause I don't think there's anything you need to be protected from.. everything is us and there are negative entities but my suggestion is to put your vibration and attention on what you prefer.. even asking for protection gives attention to the "negative"

As for grounding

What is it?

It is a connection to earth energy..

Why is it needed?

Well, how about better meditation..? it's not needed.. it just helps stabilize you.. it allows thoughts (electrical) and emotions (magnetic) to ground into the earth, thus keeping you clearer headed and indeed even just a little more "stable"

Grounding is a pretty easy thing to get.. my teacher says "most people once they have grounding, stay grounded!" but.. the earth right now is in transition (changing/metamorphosing/ascending) and so it's a good idea to establish a new ground based on where the earth is at now

What are the dangers of not doing it?

I'm not aware of any dangers..

I put up this wiki which has a grounding article and a video from my teachers class but have a look if you want.. (my teacher is apt to demonstrate in the video and in person that grounding also makes you a little more sturdy)

http://wiki.kilbournefamily.com/inde...Grounding_Line
Old 31-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Medium_Laura

The reason you protect is the same reason you don't walk down a dark alley at midnight in a seedy area. When you go out of this area, there are many entities and energies that are not always "good". You don't want to bring anything back with you.

I hope that helps
Old 31-01-2011, 02:43 AM
dogninja

Protection is as subjective as the dangers.
Old 31-01-2011, 02:59 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
The reason you protect is the same reason you don't walk down a dark alley at midnight in a seedy area.
Maybe, I should walk down a dark alley and think about being stabbed..??

I mean law of attraction will take care of that for me

There's really no power in these statements yah, know..?? nothing in this statement says "I create my reality" it just says being a victim is bad and so is death..
Old 31-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Medium_Laura

maybe so, but my father taught me that if you look like a victim, you'll be a victim. So I always am careful in spirit realms as well as in public. Being a female, we learn to be aware. That's what I was referring to. You don't need all the pomp and ritual, just be aware.
Old 31-01-2011, 03:11 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
So I always am careful in spirit realms as well as in public.
If you were to look at the world through "oneness"

Everything is me!

You might find more ease and less "fear" just a suggestion..
Old 31-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
If you were to look at the world through "oneness"

Everything is me!

You might find more ease and less "fear" just a suggestion..

I was really hesitant to interpose, but..
Just because one sees through "oneness" (don't get me wrong; I'm learning to do the same) doesn't mean you'll be safe from those who are seeking harm of others. I suppose you can think all the positive thoughts you want and see everyone as "you" to reduce the chances, but that doesn't completely protect you. (Especially if it's part of your "education" here on Earth... but I digress.)

Old 31-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Mothwing

I think protection is a matter of personal preference based on whether it would make you more comfortable for the meditation process, and the views expressed so far have been very interesting, but I'm curious about the opinions on grounding. I've always grounded after a meditation or ritual, as a way of bringing myself back from the higher/parallel planes or vibrations I was working on. Food is an excellent grounding tool, as well as just plain out lying on the ground, maybe imagining yourself "rooting" in place. But the idea of keeping yourself grounded during meditation to keep "clearer-headed" and "stable" (as themaster said) sounds interesting, and I might try that.