Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 30-01-2011, 01:09 AM
sapphire97

contacting spirits through meditation

im dont believe in god. but i am highly spiritual. ive recently gone from ethiest to spiritual. im not sure why i started to believe... but i did. ive had encounters with the un-explainable before... but... i wasnt sure whether or not to believe.

now i am sure i believe.

ive meditated before, but just to clear my mind. this time i did to contact any spirit who would talk to me. i did the whole protection thing first. i lit and candle and looked at it. it helps me focus. i started to imagine my self surrounded by light, and meditated then i asked a question to spirits.

i asked "whats your name?" and go no clear answer really. angie came up for some reason but i think it was my imagination. i asked.... what year did you die? immeadiately after thinking that i got 1466 but this was just like the name angie... it came too quickly after me thinking it to be something responding.

any tips? i have a very strong passion to contact spirits and im unsure of why...

thanks,
love sapphire.
Old 30-01-2011, 01:28 AM
dogninja

I think that the name and date you came up with is a formulation of your subconcious. nothing personal, or I don't doubt you, but this is just what I think.

You may have tried to talk to spirits before, possibly through magic?

What do you do for a living? what kind of music do you like? What are your best and worst qualities?
Old 30-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Master
May I ask what your purpose is for contacting spirits? Are you trying to help them move on? Is this just for curiosity's sake?

I ask this because even though you're protecting yourself (always good), I'm not sure if it's wise to just contact whatever spirits are passing through simply because you can - or you're curious.

You mention not believing in "God." Does this mean you do not believe in any form of Creator/Source whatsoever? Or do you simply reject the idea of the anthropomorphic, "foul-tempered Father Christmas" God?

If you don't believe in any form of Creator whatsoever, where do you think these spirits go after they cross over?

Old 30-01-2011, 07:11 AM
sunny shine

You seem to be deeply connected to spiritual things or the passion for the occult; eager to know what is above and beyond. In simple words you have thirst for knowledge. to build it properly you need to seek a master and as someone has pointed out set your intentions clear. You will start attracting what is required.

Do NOT tread any unknown waters without understanding it completely and learning how to deal with it.
Old 30-01-2011, 09:39 PM
sapphire97

when i say god, i mean like how christians believe god is some man that answers your prayers.

i believe the spirits go to the other side i cant quite think of a name of what to call it. its like a energy being, not a man off women... but like a higher power.
Old 31-01-2011, 09:37 PM
santacruz18

I now know the difference between "to me" and "from me". I had a some words said in my head, right side, as if someone was right behind me. Unfortunetly I am having trouble trusting the "from me". As some have said, I feel as tho I am just talking to myself.
Old 31-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Medium_Laura

When your guides work with you, at first, you will wonder, "Is this me?". The way I can identify them .vs me is usually they say things I wouldn't say!

Mine love to use common quotes or song lyrics. They also speak more broken. Not fluid sentences.

Like for example "Believe, we are magic". Know within your heart we are here to help you... pause.... we never forsake you.."

Now I would not use Forsake in common speech.. and especially in my head.

I'd say.. "Hey dumb***, stop speeding..there's a cop!" We are rarely uplifting and positive with our internal talk. They are!

Guides use our imagination to communicate. It feels like a memory or even a movie clip. Learning to trust what we get is the hardest part of listening to our guides :)

PS I live in Virginia too