Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 27-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
You know nothing apparently even though I sent you a link to an article regarding corn in another thread.

Caramel coloring, ascetic acid, artificial flavorings, ascorbic acid, calcium citrate, calcium fumarate, calcium gluconate, calcium lactate, calcium magnesium acetate, calcium stearate, microcrystaline cellulose, citric acid, confectioners sugar, brown sugarcrystalline dextrose, crystalline frutose, dextrose, ethanol, flavorings, fructose, glucosamine, glycerin, hydrolyzed vegetable protein are common ingredients on the back of labels. Actually that is about a third of the ingredients included in any canned or processed food. Meats are acid washed with a horrible conglomeration of chemicals which also includes corn, all cleaning products contain corn, all medications contain corn, hair products, face products, lotions all contain corn. Oh and lets not forget regular table salt.

Okay, lets see, I looked up chicken broth. Swansons is a popular brand. It's a liquid that comes in a box. I have highlighted the corny ingredients: CHICKEN STOCK, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF: SALT, YEAST EXTRACT (questionable), WATER, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, FLAVORING, CHICKEN FAT**, DEHYDRATED CHICKEN BROTH.

I'd end up in the hospital if I consumed this product.

Of course, it is a packaged brand so it's full of strange things, and if a dietitian is prescribing that sort of food - worst dietitian in the universe!

Quote:
I've had doctors who know nothing about my food allergies.

Yea, medical doctors have a basic food knowledge, but they are not trained in nutrition... they are professional in human body illnesses, maladies and medical drugs, but they are not diet professionals!

Quote:
They prescribe this and that. Tests where I have to swallow corny ingredients to do the test. Medications that I don't even bother to fill because they use corn starch as a binding agent in all pills and corn syrup in liquid medications. Over the counter aids such as decongestants, pain medication, stomach aids, all have corn in them.

Yea. It is everywhere, and between wheat and corn, that just about all packaged food.

Quote:
Those of us who have severe allergies are our own best advocate.

A proper professional who knows what they are doing knows full well that you are your best advocate. They will only be a knowlegable professional support who you consult, and they will only inform you and suggest workable options - they DO NOT get to tell you what to do.

Quote:
Do you think a hospital would hire a dietitian that was not qualified?

They might be a registered professional, but there are terrible people in every profession, and the one you got is obviously pretty bad (but it sounds like the whole hospital food situation is terrible, so maybe it was a good dietitian working in a terrible situation).

Quote:
A hospital? And yes, broth and jello are on the standard list of a clear liquid diet foods. Everywhere here in the United States will prescribe jello in a clear liquid diet.

That's disgraceful! Instant packaged broth and jello! They're insane!

Quote:
There are a handful of dietitians in the whole state of Colorado and dietitians too that are knowledgeable about what is actually in our food because they are not taught to read labels.

The fact that you did not know there were corn ingredients in broth, any kind of broth, tells me you don't real labels, thus you don't even know what you are eating.

I know there is corn in processed rubbish of all kinds, and I know they call it 'chicken broth', but it isn't chicken broth at all. It's just an imitation of chicken broth.

I would never suggest to anyone to eat the rubbish food processing companies put in branded packages. I always read labels, but almost everything I eat is single ingredient whole food, so the label will only have 1 or 2 ingredients on it.

I just happened to buy chicken soup yesterday. At the moment it is chicken thigh fillets, onion, potato, sweet potato, parsnip, swede and baby spinach. All fresh, whole, single ingredient foods. No boxes or packets at all. My salt is iodinised sea salt, and plain black pepper. The broth water from that... different story altogether.
Old 27-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Master
I've got to say that sounds pretty tasty! and I am glad it is making you feel better. though I will unfortunately share issues I see with it.. but I think that it is a lot healthier than fasting with coffee, because coffee is a really toxic substance. caffeine is a villain to much of the body and brain when all's said and done.. and potatoes as has partially been pointed out, are not the most ideal food, but on the scale of good and bad I'd say they're a better choice than coffee as far as the body is concerned.

what's wrong with them, interesting things Miss Hepburn pointed out which I personally am intrigued to learn more about this lectin thing, well besides that there is the nicotine and solanine content which are also toxic. and then the starchiness which it seems you are searching for a starch specifically on purpose, but I wish you would understand that it's not necessary or going to help heal you in the ways you want or need at the end of the day. it might seem like complex carbohydrates are a good choice, but in actuality those polysaccharides have to be broken down into monosacchardies before the body can even recognize or use them as fuel. and this is taxing on the body, rendering it less able to energize, regenerate, detoxify and do the other things it is supposed to do. Fruits and select vegetables are better sources of sugars that the body can more easily assimilate and fruits are the most detoxifying and healing food. but I understand that some peoples' bodies are in such a state of damage, disarray and disorder that they can't even eat fruit without issues, so it might be something you have to build up to, but it is worth looking into and trying.

Since fruit digests so quickly and is subject to fermentation (and putrefaction which other foods are as well) it's important to be mindful of proper food combining when consuming it, but really food combining is pivotal for all food consumption. just wanted to note that anyways because a lot of people think that fruit is a problem when it's just the fact they've eaten other things with it or too soon or after it, or drank too much liquid when the body needs to digest the food. I see you mentioned drinking water with your meal which is problematic.. I guess that the disruption of digestion that excessive water drinking with meals does is a hint that we should be primarily consuming foods that still have their water content intact so we don't feel the need to drink while we eat. You brought up Ayurveda, I thought they advised to not drink with meals? filtered water with ginger and lime is an awesome idea though

I know you didn't ask for all of that but I did compliment your dish too and like to be realistic about pros and cons of matters and how beneficial or detrimental something is considering all the facts that I or we can. It is true that populations have subsisted on pretty much just potatoes as their main fuel source, but it doesn't mean that's really what the body ideally wants or that there aren't better options. The simple fact of the matter is that the human body is not designed to eat starches like that. It's designed to eat simpler foods with more complex chemistry, such as fruits. They are after all the most evolved of foods.

There is also the intensity of other things you're eating with the potato, which again can have benefit, but may overall be detrimental. chilies and garlic are stimulating foods and from what I know about garlic, it is very antibacterial, but may also impact the beneficial bacteria in our bodies rendering it potentially toxic to us. Much better than a doctor prescribed antibiotic obviously, and perhaps great for some cases, but then again there are plenty of herbs and other foods that have antibacterial properties which don't negatively impact the microbes that are useful to us. I guess that they are stimulating to organs too, which could be a good thing or also a bad thing when you weigh it all out.

As for glucosamine, it is a source of sulfur and we need a little bit of sulfur, but it's an excessive source and what sulfur does is suppress symptoms, not generally heal the root issues. that is why a lot of prescription drugs are actually sulfur-based.. so that is worth looking into if you really want to get healthy. and krill oil well any animal product is going to have a negative effect on the body, even if it does present some positive at some point. again with the scales and comparing all of the nearly endless possibilities of things to consume and which just don't add up to be worthwhile. an alternative would be algal oil or of course many sea vegetables or plants. or land ones would be fine too.

p.s. I was craving potatoes while writing that lol and often crave them, I think they are addictive in more ways than one, and obvious delicious in more ways than one and they can nourish the body, but that doesn't mean they are truly going to be a good source of food for us. Some day I hope to quit them but honestly right now I am too weak to do what I really want to do and am gonna go have some potato chips with this yummy kimchi and some spinach. I absolutely love eating cooked potatoes besides potato chips, but I know they are not good for me, or anyone unfortunately. one last time I will say I do recognize they have some benefits, but the trouble they cause outweighs the positives, and if you want the most benefit from potatoes you should drink the raw juice from them! I digress though, I just may try your recipe sooner than later! before I give them tasty taters up for good lol *sniffle* believe me this is not news I share because it makes me happy to realize potatoes aren't actually healthy or helpful for us.. it hurts me too, but it's information worth accepting if you want to get truly better.. and I do.. again though I am glad you are feeling better for now
one last thing, full disclosure since coffee was talked about, I drank coffee today, or last night anyway as it's almost 8am now and I haven't slept yet. I used to be able to fall asleep with a cup of coffee next to me but I've quit it for lengthy period of time in the past and try to barely drink it now.. sometimes I drink decaf spiked with a little regular but even that or even drinking decaf alone is regrettable. I do love the taste and like to pretend that caffeine will solve my problems but it just creates more.. it overexerts the adrenal glands and kidneys stealing the body's energy at its expense and damage to the organs and bodily systems is very underrated and underground information, but the truth is available if you're willing to seek it and find out what is best for the body. I wish I still had the willpower and strength to stay loyal to what I know and treat my body as well as it deserves but I guess if I wasn't hurting myself like I am right now then I wouldn't be up at 8am writing this and maybe just maybe you or someone will benefit from at least one minor thing I've written about.. *sigh* maybe that someone should be myself included. I really do wonder how magically everything will fall into place in my life once I practice what I preach a lot more for good.. sorry for using your thread as my diary, please forgive me for that and any information, thoughts or words that you deemed unwelcome *hugs* I just want everyone to be healthy and happy
Old 27-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Of course, it is a packaged brand so it's full of strange things, and if a dietitian is prescribing that sort of food - worst dietitian in the universe!

Yea, medical doctors have a basic food knowledge, but they are not trained in nutrition... they are professional in human body illnesses, maladies and medical drugs, but they are not diet professionals!

Yea. It is everywhere, and between wheat and corn, that just about all packaged food.

A proper professional who knows what they are doing knows full well that you are your best advocate. They will only be a knowlegable professional support who you consult, and they will only inform you and suggest workable options - they DO NOT get to tell you what to do.

They might be a registered professional, but there are terrible people in every profession, and the one you got is obviously pretty bad (but it sounds like the whole hospital food situation is terrible, so maybe it was a good dietitian working in a terrible situation).

That's disgraceful! Instant packaged broth and jello! They're insane!

I know there is corn in processed rubbish of all kinds, and I know they call it 'chicken broth', but it isn't chicken broth at all. It's just an imitation of chicken broth.

I would never suggest to anyone to eat the rubbish food processing companies put in branded packages. I always read labels, but almost everything I eat is single ingredient whole food, so the label will only have 1 or 2 ingredients on it.

I just happened to buy chicken soup yesterday. At the moment it is chicken thigh fillets, onion, potato, sweet potato, parsnip, swede and baby spinach. All fresh, whole, single ingredient foods. No boxes or packets at all. My salt is iodinised sea salt, and plain black pepper. The broth water from that... different story altogether.

You just talk in circles. Apparently you think we can just snap our fingers and this magical dietitian will appear. Sent from god or something. You are clueless. No offence taken but done with this conversation.
Old 28-01-2019, 12:41 AM
janielee

I enjoy eating potatoes and the opening recipe sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

Based on M Hepburn's comments, I googled pesticide and found this useful article for anyone who is interested too: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/37986527/n...t-buy-organic/
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/arsen...b09bd304c0b04c
Old 28-01-2019, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
You just talk in circles. Apparently you think we can just snap our fingers and this magical dietitian will appear. Sent from god or something. You are clueless. No offence taken but done with this conversation.

No God no miracle no magic. You just go online, find a dietitian, give them a call.
Old 28-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
No God no miracle no magic. You just go online, find a dietitian, give them a call.
I have a few friends as I mentioned in the US and one friend who has a disability, when I first met her, would always greet people with her name and let them know she had a disability. This went on for a long time before I suggested she begin to not say this. I felt she was consistently reinforcing her disability and not truly opening beyond what could become to help her heal. As an intuitive it was my sense to support her to stop being a victim. She listened to me and so in that opening, I suggested she find a chiro who could help her realign her physical body. She promptly said. There are none near me. I don’t have access to everything you seem to have in oz. I challenged her again. I said “let me find one for you online near you”. She accepted the challenge. I found two that felt right for her. Sent her the links. Within an hr she messaged to say, she couldn’t believe one was two blocks away from her. She signed up and went for twelve months, twice a week. This guy had a special table that actually could undo spinal misalignments. Since then she has found a new lady who has taken her into exercises and adjustments ongoing. Her recovery and healing is going strong. She was born with this but didn’t believe she could be cured. I believed for her.

I think for her that first step was opening to letting go of what she believed had to be. Letting go of a lifetime of physical challenges she believed defined her life.

Since then she eats organic whole foods from local farmers markets. Something she didn’t do before. She has now found supermarkets that stock organic as well, something I know first hand when shopping with her was not in her radar.

I think sometimes the deeper and more difficult our illness or physical impairment is, the more entangled we become. The harder it is to see how to take those small clear steps that get us good results.
Old 28-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Gem, I'm putting you on ignore for awhile. You don't get the last word.