Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you all I really appreciate this He was MY cat and I guess he still My cat. If that makes sense. lol It has been getting a little easier but I do still get teary eyed. I have never got this bad over a cat before and I have had some really nice cats before, Storm was just MINE. make sense? lol

I got pretty busy yesterday given it was valentines day and my daughters birthday who turned 2. And I gave a rather lengthy reading and I was so tired last night. I popped on to look and then got wrapped up in something else on the forum..I have sensed him a few times. I thought I heard him or he was sitting in the hair chair.(storm shared this with the chi)

Anyways last night I was drifting off to sleep (in my water beds hence the warm bed) Storm used to love sleeping in there. But since I have had my 2 year old and a 4month old since. He rarely got to sleep with me. (Kids in bed with me) I have missed him in there.

Ok back to drifting off to sleep last night... I kind of felt something on the bed but I didn't get a chance to react or think. Because I felt someone or something touch the left side of my head. I was laying on my right side. It did it for a minute or so. and then it was gone and for some reason I thought my storm. It was too big to be a hand. I have had spirits do that but it felt totally different.

My chihuahua doesn't look for him any more. My 2 year old randomly say kitty where are you. (She knows storm is mommy's kitty)So I was thinking he may still be around me.

Thank you blackhawk, So did he go on a quick trip to the afterlife and come back or he hasn't gone there yet? I have been reading about cats/dogs -afterlife reincarnating. astral plain. If you have any more insight. I would love to hear it

If I were to move, will he come with me or go to kitty afterlife. or stay here.( I may move in the near future)
Just another thought, if I get another kitten or adopt a cat will he get upset or leave? How does that work?
Old 15-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator
I just wanted to say I thank you all who have wrote to me. On this thread or the other threads I have started about him. I know there are many people who don't get it and think it is just a cat. I have had other pets and I have never grieved the way I have been over this cat.

I do feel him . He did a head butt and a butt butt I think that is what you meant blackhawk. lol Good reading:) I leave my door open a bit and look forward to him sleeping with me.
Old 15-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Quagmire

My old cat came to say hi while reading this. A thought enters my head: have you ever wondered now after or while he was there in the form you had gotten used to that your threads of life have been intertwined in Otherlives?
Old 15-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
In my own experience they do have an attachment to place the familiar home environment, but their connection to you is stronger. And also from what I've experienced the attachment to their former place may be greater at first, just after their passing, and seems to fade as 'time' goes by in their spiritual state. So they get mostly attached to you. I honestly don't think it makes very much difference where you are located physically. When they visit, it's you they come to see and share Soul vibes with.

Getting another animal companion....that's so individual. When my dog visits me, she likes a real one-to-one relationship with me -yet I know she has astral companions she is happy with on the level where she is now, and there's so much love there. But when she comes here it's very one to one....I am unsure why to be honest. She seems to'stand back' a bit if I am in a social setting (but that could be me...I could be distracted and so it's a little harder to sense her)
She seems to really like the times it's just the two of us!
I know pretty well that she wouldn't be actually jealous or upset if I got another companion. But personally I don't feel like it yet. I still have a dog as far as I'm concerned! But an invisible dog now LOL!
Old 16-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Blackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealtwist
Thank you all I really appreciate this He was MY cat and I guess he still My cat. If that makes sense. lol It has been getting a little easier but I do still get teary eyed. I have never got this bad over a cat before and I have had some really nice cats before, Storm was just MINE. make sense? lol

I got pretty busy yesterday given it was valentines day and my daughters birthday who turned 2. And I gave a rather lengthy reading and I was so tired last night. I popped on to look and then got wrapped up in something else on the forum..I have sensed him a few times. I thought I heard him or he was sitting in the hair chair.(storm shared this with the chi)

Anyways last night I was drifting off to sleep (in my water beds hence the warm bed) Storm used to love sleeping in there. But since I have had my 2 year old and a 4month old since. He rarely got to sleep with me. (Kids in bed with me) I have missed him in there.

Ok back to drifting off to sleep last night... I kind of felt something on the bed but I didn't get a chance to react or think. Because I felt someone or something touch the left side of my head. I was laying on my right side. It did it for a minute or so. and then it was gone and for some reason I thought my storm. It was too big to be a hand. I have had spirits do that but it felt totally different.

My chihuahua doesn't look for him any more. My 2 year old randomly say kitty where are you. (She knows storm is mommy's kitty)So I was thinking he may still be around me.

Thank you blackhawk, So did he go on a quick trip to the afterlife and come back or he hasn't gone there yet? I have been reading about cats/dogs -afterlife reincarnating. astral plain. If you have any more insight. I would love to hear it

If I were to move, will he come with me or go to kitty afterlife. or stay here.( I may move in the near future)
Just another thought, if I get another kitten or adopt a cat will he get upset or leave? How does that work?

I'm so glad my reading was accurate, I've never owned a cat before so it was interesting to talk to him.

He hasn't gone on to the afterlife at all, he's showing me that it was just like a blink. That he blinked and he had changed energy state.

Pets are very hard to read for when they pass over, as they are much more free roaming that human spirits. Think about a big mountain range and then letting your dog or cat out of the car. It's very hard to pin down a specific animal because they roam so much.

They are actually the opposite of people, in that they are much easier to find as soon as they have passed over whereas people usually take longer to come through.

It was definitely him in bed with you, he showed me an image of walking through and door and climbing into a bed. He said it was his favourite place. He stayed there all night, after saying hello he slept on the side of the bed at about your waist level.

If you move he will go with you. He is connected very much to you.

He sees your children as kittens and that he has to herd them and look after them, but that you youngest can still see him. I get a 'and why shouldn't she?!' when I asked that lol.

He will move on soon, to go and explore his new plane. He will always come back to visit though until you join him. He wants you to know that he will still come to you when you call him, but not to be too sad that he's going to explore. He likes where he is.
Old 16-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Blackhawk

Oh on getting another cat, he says he likes the idea of another cat to boss around! He doesn't mind at all, he thinks it will be good for you. Just keep the door open for him so he can sleep on your bed (It's a big deal to him).
Old 17-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
Hey guys. I began messaging people on a web site who adopt out or have kittens. I feel that storm would help me pick a great cat out. I am waiting to see who writes back about these kitties. I left the door open last night. I got upset just thinking of how he moved his tail in the sun. and one of his favorite sleeping places. I think he was near last night while I cried once again.

Of course I am fairly certain a few people think I am nuts for greiving this long or this hard for this cat. (3 weeks tuesday) I feel I need to look for a cat and get a little furbaby companion. I think this may take a bit find a new little fur ball. lol But I am looking forward to it
Old 17-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Master

tealtwist, grief is an expression of love, and so not something you should try to control or manage and sure, people do think that you should be "over it", but it is your life, your love, and your journey - plus you are probably connecting with other things in your life so take your time with your grief for Storm and grieve fully.

And yes, his spirit presence is likely to be near - I'm hypothesising a bit here - but from my experience when my father is near me, then I'm filled with a deep sense of the loss of being able to connect with him as I used to. I'm guessing the same will apply for you and Storm, I pray you will find a new way to connect with him as he continues to look out for you.

A new cat will def help with the adjustment, not a replacement, but a new energy in itself.
Old 18-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
I am hopping it will ease my pain. Thanks belle
Old 18-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator
Tealtwist, don't be judgmental with yourself about grieving. Grieving is natural, it will ease in its own time, don't try to rush that process.
I have had such amazing proof that my dog is OK in spirit, that she still loves me, very much indeed, that her love is so loyal ...and also that when she is near me, it's as if she never went anywhere!....all that. But I still have my moments -after nearly nine months -when I shed a tear. I did last week! No I didn't hold onto deep dark emotions, but I just had a memory of something she used to do and tears fell. But I smiled, blessed her lovely spirit and knew she'd be back to visit as soon as she was ready again -and she did! Only a few days after that! I felt so silly and told her I was sorry for being such a wuss!

So just 3 weeks after the loss of a dear family member like Storm, you are bound to feel sad sometimes. Go easy on yourself. Tears are OK. Hold onto the love and let it take you where it will.