Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 27-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Master
Today I'm also grateful to SF member Lorelyen, for tying together the practicality of PRACTICE concerning how affirmations are properly used to change one's life, as referenced below.

What struck me about her commonsense approach is that what she said is exactly how I learned how to drive an automobile !!

Practice? Hard work? Heck yeah!....so, as mentioned above, you show you that you can reach any destination your heart desires....

.....and is soooooo much more fun when it all becomes....."second nature", right ?

Thanks much for this lesson from your "driver's manual", Lorelyen!

RIDE ON!!

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...0&postcount=10
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 27-01-2018, 11:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Today I'm also grateful to SF member Lorelyen, for tying together the practicality of PRACTICE concerning how affirmations are properly used to change one's life, as referenced below.

What struck me about her commonsense approach is that what she said is exactly how I learned how to drive an automobile !!

Practice? Hard work? Heck yeah!....so, as mentioned above, you show you that you can reach any destination your heart desires....

.....and is soooooo much more fun when it all becomes....."second nature", right ?

RIDE ON!!

Thanks Guthro... just what I needed to read at this time!

Now I am wondering if Lorelyn or someone else could make some reading suggestions to me as it seems that I could use some more of that sort of content at this time in my life!

I used basic affirmations to encourage self- nurturing when I was feeling and healing into my depression and PTSD with a pshychologist - I was using a combination of mindfullness (body awareness), talk therapy and gentle self nurture activities to help me heal...

I'm a long way from that now (the dark pit of despair lol) and wanting to expand but admit I haven't used affirmations since my experience with depression - currently though I'm actively blocking myself from breaking old patterns in order to live more in alignment with who and what I want to do... that which brings me alive and so... I would love a little direction if someone was willing to jump in

Ps. I am grateful and proud of just how strong and resilient I am
I am grateful for my capacity to forgive myself and other's
I am grateful for peace and the ability to heal from past experiences.

LOL!

I actually intended a different and more mundane list before reading your post, Guthro.
Old 28-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Master
Hi Emeraldheart,

...am glad you found my post helpful, thanks to Lorelyen. I sent a PM to you....so as not to take up too much space on CrystalSong's excellent thread, who I'm sure would always consider the gratitudes you've expressed herein as treasure to share.

I'm absolutely certain there are a great many others in the Forum whose Life experiences have turned trials and tribulations into treasures of triumph (as you have) whose telling would be beneficial to us all!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 28-01-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Old 28-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio

RIDE ON!!

Well, that is so kind of you - a wonderful accolade....thank you....

BUT.... I can't take credit for it. Many others had worked on the approach before I came on the scene.

What seems to have happened of late is confusing affirmation with LOA. They are different both in aim and application. Affirmation is about something you want to achieve (that implicitly you don't have or aren't, now) so it acknowledges you need to change your behaviour/approach/attitude to achieve it, hence drilling it into your "subconscious."

LOA appears to teach that in believing you have something now you'll attract that very thing into your sphere. The approaches are different but both need strong belief in different ways.

But there it is,
Again, thank you! Your post is received with the same gratitude. and appreciation.
Old 28-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Master
Lorelyen,

Thank you. I remain grateful for your commonsense approach, with clarifications between affirmations and LOA, both of which work fine for me.

..... and I'm sure Emeraldheart would appreciate hearing more about it from you, as she mentioned in her post, above.
Old 28-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account
I am grateful for guthrio's signature.

(I will read that wonderful book again soon.)
Old 28-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Master
Thanks, SeekerOfKnowledge,

..... Or you can listen to that beautiful book being narrated by Richard Harris's signature voice in the YouTube part. Enjoy them both, as I still ("thrill") do.
Old 29-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Master
I have gratitude and appreciation for the people in this forum who so often say things and express sentiments and experiences which help and bring hope and tools to others for reducing the chaos in their lives and bring it into higher vibrational frequency's.
Old 29-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Deactivated Account
I am grateful for being healthy, my husband, my family, my best friend, my online friends, the cat and this forum.
Old 29-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I have gratitude and appreciation for the people in this forum who so often say things and express sentiments and experiences which help and bring hope and tools to others for reducing the chaos in their lives and bring it into higher vibrational frequency's.

......to be "Crystal"-clear, Dear Lady, you started this "Song" for which we are all grateful to be singing with you each day, in loving harmony....