Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Knower

Does being empathic become any easier?

One of my gifts is feeling other peoples emotions and pain... Its also the hardest thing. The physical pain of other people I can handle. Its painful but only temporary.
The emotional pain however seems to stick around alot longer. I only get this for people im especially connected to, or people that are in my heart. I can always tell when its someone elses emotion and not mine. Its a different feeling in my body. I can tune into it easier than I can tune it out.
It physically effects me and makes my chest hurt. The last 4 days ive been connected to someone I love deeplys pain. Ive talked with her and like always she keys me in then the next day pushes me away. i just can't seem to shake this feeling this time and its getting me down and making me depressed.
The strangest part is that today there was a few hours where I myself as in my soul felt happy but my body felt completely distraught. it was like I was aware for the first time that I was kind of seperate of my body. Anyone have thoughts on what is going on?
Old 26-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Master
Something I wrote when I felt this too,,,,

There is a place inside my chest
That feels like it’s been stilled
Although I’ve come to realise recently
It’s actually been filled

At times I considered it empty
At others if felt like pain
And now I know this feeling is
When it’s topped up again

I asked when it hurt for it to be taken away
I didn’t like the feel of this
My thoughts directed it to where it should go
And left a feel of bliss

I came to know this feeling
I wanted to be aware
I wanted to know what it was all about
So with the whole world I could share

The pain kept coming back to me
The reason I know not why
Sometimes to help release it
I would laugh or cry

So I took the time to know it
I accepted it into my life
And now it’s beyond joy imaginable
I know this pain’s not strife

This pain is oh so beautiful
This pain is a joy to feel
Now this pain is no longer a pain
It’s a feeling that’s just unreal

The bliss I feel inside me
Is captured in my heart
And when it’s filled to overload
It may come out as a fart (not sure that word can be used)

It flows out as I dance and sing
Or as I cough or cry
And the feeling I once thought of as a pain
Spreads its wings to fly

It flies the whole world over
And lands where it feels the need
And there it waits to bloom one day
Like a flower from a seed

It grows with every moment
When it’s accepted as a part
It grows and grows and fills the space
That we all call our heart

So when they say love is painful
Understanding is what they lack
It only hurts when you’ve got too much
So give the world it back!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 27-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Master

That as each showed materialization through pain, among other things, to you, that this may be you trying to seperate yourself from this ability from the pain and so you gain that sense of seperation materializing.
I am personally a empath and telepath, can completely relate to the strong feelings things and struggles with pain, seperation. For the longest time I zipped up, I put up a shield, I grounded myself. Sure, those things are beautiful methods, kept me sane for many years. But instead more recently I began to breathe in the negativity into my heart and allow its transformation, breathing out all the love and light within myself. My life changed, vibrations soared, and now things are steadily strolling into my life that I would've never dreamed of. I cannot forget to give thanks and continue being a beacon of light, nor stop the love from touching all that I near, my heart open.
I was tired of shield after shield after programming after healing... etc. So I decided to change it up, loosen and open up, no more shields, just let the inner light shine through.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 27-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Master
I decided to change it up, loosen and open up, no more shields, just let the inner light shine through.

...I began to breathe in the negativity into my heart and allow its transformation, breathing out all the love and light within myself....

Good choice, shadedragon. This is how it got easier for me too, and helps other people along the way.

There's meditation practice for developing this called Transforming Heart, 356.

It's in post #2 here:
Heart Meditations - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4106

Xan

Old 27-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356
One of my gifts is feeling other peoples emotions and pain... Its also the hardest thing. The physical pain of other people I can handle. Its painful but only temporary.
The emotional pain however seems to stick around alot longer. I only get this for people im especially connected to, or people that are in my heart. I can always tell when its someone elses emotion and not mine. Its a different feeling in my body. I can tune into it easier than I can tune it out.
It physically effects me and makes my chest hurt. The last 4 days ive been connected to someone I love deeplys pain. Ive talked with her and like always she keys me in then the next day pushes me away. i just can't seem to shake this feeling this time and its getting me down and making me depressed.
The strangest part is that today there was a few hours where I myself as in my soul felt happy but my body felt completely distraught. it was like I was aware for the first time that I was kind of seperate of my body. Anyone have thoughts on what is going on?
I like what Xan wrote. I have done that also. I think that the important thing is to find what works for each of us. So many different ways to do it. The most important thing is that what you have taken on energetically can clear from your body and systems so it does not cause you pain and harm. I think this is very important for anyone's health to do this if they empath. Taking on the pain and imbalance around them can be very stressful for the body systems.

I do not know what you have available in your area to learn how to protect your energy field. There are so many techniques. It depends on what feels the best to you. In class I learned to do it with roses. Other people "bubble up" aka putting a bubble around themselves. Others can use sacred geometry. eg an octahedron. It may be important to do grounding exercizes each day. Try to put up those nice bounderies for your energy field. I ask my angels to help me to protect myself. And to take what I have empathed. I must admit that Its a dicipline that I am not very good at. I should be diligent and I am not.

As far as clearing out your body and energy field, there again there are so many different methods. I was taught to use roses to clear out the bodies. Amongst other techniques. I also was taught to "fill in my body with golden suns" after I had finished "clearing it out". There are so many different techniques. Someone I know sees the energy evaporating from the chakras and all of her body. someone else I know sees light pouring through the body clearing out all that has been empathed. The important thing is to clear out the energies of others, or things within yourself that the empathing brings up. To do it at least once a day. Many times a day when needed.

These are my thoughts, for what its worth. I wish you the very best.
Old 27-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Knower

Thankyou everyone this is helping alot... I asked my angels last night to take it from me because it was just so strong I couldn't sleep..next thing I knew I just felt this wave of calm rush over me. And I just found myself bring lulled to sleep.
I feel most peaceful when im singing or walking in the rain. I think that helps to cleanse me. Ive felt a bit better today :)
Old 27-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Administrator
I used to make sure i grounded myself and use protection otherwise you could be overwhelmed by others feelings and pain,you have enough to carry your own without carrying other peoples to

Namaste
Old 27-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
That as each showed materialization through pain, among other things, to you, that this may be you trying to seperate yourself from this ability from the pain and so you gain that sense of seperation materializing.
I am personally a empath and telepath, can completely relate to the strong feelings things and struggles with pain, seperation. For the longest time I zipped up, I put up a shield, I grounded myself. Sure, those things are beautiful methods, kept me sane for many years. But instead more recently I began to breathe in the negativity into my heart and allow its transformation, breathing out all the love and light within myself. My life changed, vibrations soared, and now things are steadily strolling into my life that I would've never dreamed of. I cannot forget to give thanks and continue being a beacon of light, nor stop the love from touching all that I near, my heart open.
I was tired of shield after shield after programming after healing... etc. So I decided to change it up, loosen and open up, no more shields, just let the inner light shine through.

What a nice explanation for dealing with this very common issue.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/