Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 09-06-2018, 06:35 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I worked in a Buddhist Temple kitchen for a while, I learned a lot of things while there, patience, how to count the masses of dishes and how to be thankful when it was all squeaky clean again

I did the dishes with the Abbot of a Benedictine Monastery once...he washed and I dried.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
I did the dishes with the Abbot of a Benedictine Monastery once...he washed and I dried.

The load seems lighter when we share it
Old 09-06-2018, 07:28 AM
Eelco

Just packed the washing machine with 8 couverts..
Does that count?
The suffering has diminished since we got that apparatus.

With Love
Eelco
Old 09-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Please enlighten me. It's all I am saying larded in a few possible options of self-aggrandizement and the workings of deceit.

You have a pretty clear image of what right speech is supposed to be.
I guess I'm no Buddhist in your worldview

You see, I didn't say that, and I never say anything unkind to you, but you're creating the false impression that I do.

Quote:
The simple truth is, You seem to refer to your retreats as the pinnacle of your understanding where and whenever your understanding of Buddhism is in question. As for what I am saying having to do anything with anything.
I too hope people aren't fooled by what either of us are saying.

In so far as my understandings arise from the real-lived experience, I formed many of these during my retreats. That is what enables me to speak from the real lived experience. I know things qualitatively, what the hall smells like, the clink of cuttlery in silent dining rooms, the timbre of the meditation bell - the whole subjective essence an ashram life. I know what it's like. I am familiar with texts to some small degree, because the philosophy is discussed in some depth every evening as part of the meditation training; and I've done a little extra reading on my own. I prefer to be sparing with quoting the texts because I'm only talking about things in a conversational way, have no interest in teaching, and I don't think using Buddhas words to validate what's true is rational. This doesn't prevent anyone else from doing it, but when we practice in a way that is 'right' we have to be aware of the intent with which we speak freely or present the textual tenets. So you will see, I don't address you or others unkindly, cast allusions and assertions because I already know such allusions would be untrue, so I don't assert them as if they are. I think I'm worthy of that same treatment, and so is everyone else.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You see, I didn't say that, and I never say anything unkind to you, but you're creating the false impression that I do.

Yes you did.
You go on and on about right speech. The way we should conduct ourselves in public forums and how you omit the language you consider wrong speech.

Although you never said I am no Buddhist in your worldview, it is implied every time you put emphasis on right speech.

Or I'm just a paranoid crazy son of a gun and misread everything you posted.
Which although unlikely may be the case.

With Love
Eelco
Old 09-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Mybe you should miss out ' We ' Close relationships don't involve suffering for everyone.

Everyone I know, and have ever known, makes these emotional bonds in all of their close relationships. That's why I say 'we'. I also assume that you and everyone on this thread has been heartbroken and experiences their close relationships as 'not all roses', sometimes joyous and other times stressful. To me, this is kinda goes without saying. I really only mentioned it as an aside, and I'm really surprised it's not accepted as common to everyone's experience.[/quote]

You are seeing a ' Broken Heart ' as a bad, painful experience which causes suffering but some see it differently. You could see a heart thats broken as being more open, It depends on how you look at it...
Old 09-06-2018, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Yes you did.
You go on and on about right speech. The way we should conduct ourselves in public forums and how you omit the language you consider wrong speech.

Although you never said I am no Buddhist in your worldview, it is implied every time you put emphasis on right speech.

Or I'm just a paranoid crazy son of a gun and misread everything you posted.
Which although unlikely may be the case.

With Love
Eelco

' Or I'm just a paranoid crazy son of a gun and misread everything you posted.
Which although unlikely may be the case.'

Right thought should sort that one out
Old 09-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Eelco

Blessed are the cracked.. It's where the light get's in.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
You are seeing a ' Broken Heart ' as a bad, painful experience which causes suffering but some see it differently. You could see a heart thats broken as being more open, It depends on how you look at it...

Well, it's not inherently bad, it's just the down side of the up side, but remains true of loving relationships which ever way you describe it.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Eelco

Quote:
' Or I'm just a paranoid crazy son of a gun and misread everything you posted.
Which although unlikely may be the case.'

Right thought should sort that one out

Hmm let's think on that.
How again should right thought be applied?
They come, they stay, they pass.

Somewhere in there comes an action. In previous cases they action of typing words on a public forum. And pressing a submit reply button.

If my actions cause 1 person to see through mis matched words that would be right in my view. Does that way against the perception of wrong speech?

I'm inclined to say it is.
Drunks and crazy folk speak the truth they say.
So....

With Love
Eelco