Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Seeker

Why Are We Even Here?

I often wonder what the point is, why exactly we are here on this plane of existence. If we come from an all knowing source, from the oneness, from an eternal with no end, then end up in this matrix of chaos that appears to be finite. What's the point?
Old 27-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Master

I'd say to learn.
Old 17-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Why Are We Even Here

OK, heres a scenario for each of you out there to consider. Lets say an alien from a planet where Christianity wasnt as well-known were to visit our planet. What would you say to explain to this being why you are a Christian?

i have nice ****
Old 17-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBBWsexPa
OK, heres a scenario for each of you out there to consider. Lets say an alien from a planet where Christianity wasnt as well-known were to visit our planet. What would you say to explain to this being why you are a Christian?

i have nice ****
Assuming you are truly open to an answer, I'd suggest psychically transmitting this to him or her:

http://davidsundom.weebly.com/upload..._meant-ch1.pdf
Old 18-12-2017, 02:09 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:

i have nice ****

testament of events- the immaculate conception, healing people thru miracles and the selfless suffering of being crucified- dying to forgive our sins and merit eternal life. the promise of second coming for a final judgement of humanity.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

i have nice ****
I don't think I would say anything about being a Christian, I would be too embarrassed lol.
Old 27-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Master

The selves of us, who incarnated here, are less evolved comparatively to others, like children. We're sent here for schooling.
Old 27-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The selves of us, who incarnated here, are less evolved comparatively to others, like children. We're sent here for schooling.

Well that's the answer that we always think or hear from others, but again if we come from an all knowing source, what is there exactly to learn.

I find it really senseless to get someway cut loose from source to learn things all over again, or discover things just to go back to source.

And if we are like children, how exactly did we get that way if we are eternal?
Old 27-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
Well that's the answer that we always think or hear from others, but again if we come from an all knowing source, what is there exactly to learn.

I find it really senseless to get someway cut loose from source to learn things all over again, or discover things just to go back to source.

And if we are like children, how exactly did we get that way if we are eternal?

This means the soul is to learn. The soul does not know good from evil, it is innocent. It may be every possibility exists of souls and some need to learn and have all the time in the world to.
Old 27-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
This means the soul is to learn. The soul does not know good from evil, it is innocent. It may be every possibility exists of souls and some need to learn and have all the time in the world to.

lemex,

And now for something completely different......) I agree that the soul is innocent......not knowing good from evil. Is not this very innocence destroyed by learning......by learning good from evil? Our 'learning' can solidify our perception of duality. My supposition goes back to the primacy of love perhaps our mature years would be better spent in 'unlearning'.......relinquishing the hold of the ego on us. Admittedly I am prejudiced by accepting the wisdom of the love chapter(1 Cor. 23)........"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing"......and......."where there is knowledge, it will pass away".