Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 05-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Knower

I'm over 50 and I walk, bike and do tai - chi. I have to be careful though, as my health is not good and I have a lot of health issues that keep me from doing some exercises that I use to like. I also like to kayak and that is a pretty good workout in itself. But, now that the weather is getting colder, that isn't one I can do again till spring/summer.

I also like to cross country ski and snow-shoe when we can arrange to do those.

I do lift weights also and have a few other exercises that I have been shown over the years by my therapists, when I had specific issues to deal with. Now, I keep up with those same exercises to just keep myself in shape.

I think one of the best exercises would have to be walking. I can't run anymore--but walking I can do. I also love my tai-chi classes as it is so very gentle if you have RA and helps a lot with the pain that comes with that.

Old 29-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Seeker

Firstly 50 is a number and so over 50 should be the same as under 50:). My rules are try to train hard when training...no chatting, texting, posing etc:) keep low impact and nothing more than 45 mins per day (except a nice leisurely walk).after 45 mins the free radicals begin to produce to a counter productive level ... Weights are best as they raise HGH and Tesosterone.... HIIT once per week for small stints and the rest of the time... Stretch, walk and meditate... Also a lifestyle note.... This is one of the best studies which 35 years ago asked men (45-55) to follow a simple set of rules....Regular Exercise, Keep a Healthy Weight, Eat a Balanced Diet,Don't Smoke and Don't Drink Too Much......ALL the men who stuck to this are still going strong in their eighties! The website won't let me post an external link so just Google Caerphilly Study.... The whole study is there plus some easier to read versions done by the Newspapers..
Old 29-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Blue_lotus

Qigong and Tai chi are both great forms of exercise for anyone of any age.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Knower

oops. mistake. sorry!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Guide

regular walking and practicing the secrets of natural walking. secrets of natural walking helps build muscle, re-energizes the body and helps with posture. corrects bad walking habits that can cause pain.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 10-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Master
Great ideas people.
What really ****es me off is when I'm out shlumping along and this 70 year old moves faster than I do!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:53 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Great ideas people.
What really ****es me off is when I'm out shlumping along and this 70 year old moves faster than I do!

i hear you uma. some people are just meant to be slow. my brother and sister were heavier than me and would run circles around me. it is what it is.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 11-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tainamom
i hear you uma. some people are just meant to be slow. my brother and sister were heavier than me and would run circles around me. it is what it is.

Even when I was in elementary school I was always the last one running...
but I was great at shotput and hitting baseballs... upper body strength
Old 22-12-2014, 02:31 AM
Master
I'm not 50 yet, but thought it may be ok to post here. For muscular exercise I use resistance bands, not sure if I can mention a brand or not. I do like them since they are easier to change the resistance then weights are, no need to haul around weights. When I'm done all the exercise equipment takes up little room. I can keep all of it in a bag.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Master
Wow, this thread hasn 't been bumped in quite a while...
How's it going, Uma?

Any new experiences?
I would love to hear them... in need of inspiration, regardless of age.