Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 18-04-2011, 02:06 PM
CeresZal

Yes, i was an unstable one back then but more relaxed and balanced now. I prefer not to be as the feelings tend to overwhelm me so i tend to keep the switch off most of the time. I try not to use them unless necessarily as i'm not very trained in emphatic abilities.
Old 21-04-2011, 02:49 PM
LightFilledHeart

Life as an empath is hard. Earth is immensely beautiful and immensely intense in equal measure. Being open to the feelings and thoughts of others, i.e., their joy and their suffering, is sometimes more than one can comfortably manage. Those of us who are empathic by nature MUST learn to protect ourselves. Some of us simply choose to avoid crowds, where the vibrational onslaught of incoming energies can be overwhelming and actually make us ill. Others learn to shut the power of receiving off for a period of time. Still others perfect a selectivity dial, whereby we can observe and take in information about those in our environment withOUT internalizing those things! The last is needful and necessary for those of us who do work in spiritual service. We must be able to see the client's pain without taking it on, for if we do the latter, we take ourselves out of service. You cannot assist another if you are both puddles on the floor!

I consider the role of an ampath to be a double edged sword in a lot of ways. Of course it is always accompanied by extreme sensitivity. Without that, empathics would neither sense nor receive! But one can learn to control it to some degree in ways that ensure self-preservation. It's of great value for an empath to be raised in an environment where someone knows of their gift and has the capability of teaching and training them in the correct use of same, so that they don't burn out and are able to live a healthy and vital life without absorbing unnecessarily the things they sense, observe, and receive from others.

Anybody see the movie The People? It's an early Frances Ford Copalla vehicle, and its subject matter is an isolated community composed of spiritually advanced and gifted people from another star system who some time back crash landed on earth while fleeing their dying planet. There's a child in the movie (and the book on which the movie is based) called Bethie. They don't call her an empath, but rather a sensitive, and when she comes fully into her gift, it is necessary for the "Old One" (the groups most advanced and wise, not chronologically the "oldest) to go into her and "sort" her, so that she might use her gift to the benefit of the people without being harmed in the process. Would that we here had an awareness of the need to do so!
Old 21-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Cristina

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
In Sanaya Roman's book she says that feelings and thoughts are experienced as ones own (psychic empathy) if they don't come in at a high enough center of consciousness. So the incoming information plays itself out for us in our own feelings and physical sensations. But if we can (somehow!) make our gifts more conscious then we will get pure information and not have the show and tell step.

I have read one of Sanaya's books.... Power in Awareness I believe was the name... it was an awesome read... I am now reading it a second time and underlining... lol... I am empathic and definitely unskilled.... I do know I take on other's feelings.... always was thrown off by it till I found someone whom I could very much read and had emotions overflowing and I could help/heal... so.. it was right there for me not to miss... It was like a revelation!! The problem being... I then started to feel his feelings for me and I could not distinguish!! The other day... I had some negative thoughts about a situation at our karate studio but, set it aside... a few days later someone came up to me and pointed out that plus more... then, I became heated and could not get rid of that feeling till I took some sort of action... It stayed with me for a few days... Now, that had to have been powered up by my empathy but, how to stop it?? I tried but was unsuccessful. I guess I will have to read more books... Surprisingly, I am married to a husband who is not so emotionally attuned and although I feel like I don't connect so well sometimes cause I can't bond/heal or use my skill with him so much... it is probably good in total... doesn't throw me off... Ugh... but, who knows.
Cristina
Old 21-04-2011, 10:34 PM
SunMist

Cristina, it's funny but my most stable romantic relationship I ever had was a lot like yours with your husband. My ex was very intellectual, logical to an extreme - he rarely lived in intense emotions. That helped me to have space to just "be me" though his lack of positive emotional expression was a huge problem in the relationship. And of course he could understand me about as well as an alien.

I can't remember if I've already posted about this, so forgive the repeat, but I just finished Rose Rosetree's book Become the Most Important Person in the Room which is really awesome. She has a lot of really practical steps to disengage empathy and get your consciousness centered back inside yourself. I haven't mastered them all but am finding them useful on initial attempt. While I absolutely love Sanaya's book, I think now that Rosetree's has more practical immediate use to help us swamped empaths.

Here's an example of a few bits:
1) Before going into an environment or interaction where you think you may empathicaly "merge" take a moment to notice sensations in your body, then take a moment to notice where your emotions are at or how clear your mind is. Then ever so often keep doing this to pull your consciousness back into yourself rather than the other person. We absorb other people's stuff because we aren't firmly anchored inside our own experience.

2) If it's too late and you've already absorbed a lot of stuff: take a few breaths focus on your own energy, then ask your higher power three times in a row to remove what is "not yours", then refocus on your energy and you will find it much clearer and expanded (at least I do)
Old 22-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Cristina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist

Thank you SunMist... I guess I just found the next book for my 'pleasure reading'... I always get teased for reading books to learn from verses some history or love story or drama type book.. And, I am just learning about my empathy and all this emotional stuff... I am 43... it is a little late but alas, it is what it is.. My husbad does ok with the emotional stuff... somehow a foreign language with him... and, we are working on it so he can understand those parts of me... It has been very difficult to communicate any of this without feeling like I am the alien... I guess that is why I am on the forum... lol...

I can't remember if I've already posted about this, so forgive the repeat, but I just finished Rose Rosetree's book Become the Most Important Person in the Room which is really awesome.

Thank you for the tidbits... I will try them for sure... I think there are definitely degrees of empathy cause I can go to the mall and be ok... at least, i think I am. It's the one on one stuff - and, depending on who - gets right in.

Here's an example of a few bits:
1) Before going into an environment or interaction where you think you may empathicaly "merge" take a moment to notice sensations in your body, then take a moment to notice where your emotions are at or how clear your mind is. Then ever so often keep doing this to pull your consciousness back into yourself rather than the other person. We absorb other people's stuff because we aren't firmly anchored inside our own experience.

2) If it's too late and you've already absorbed a lot of stuff: take a few breaths focus on your own energy, then ask your higher power three times in a row to remove what is "not yours", then refocus on your energy and you will find it much clearer and expanded (at least I do)

Any other technique or reading suggestions would be very much appreciated... my empathic friends!!

Cristina
Old 26-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Knower
Found out about being empathic over a year ago.... Never understood the lingering stuff that would stay around with me all the time and finding out how to deal with it solved alot of the depression i was once in..

My previous job had me doing client work in homes ... So ended out going to 5-7 different locations/homes daily :X have always been able to walk into a house and sense the type of surroundings going on. Or it could just be a top of town/area Kinda sucks cause following the flow of sense with that was easy ;/ and the hardest hits was the negative energy in some places, and being weighted down ....

However have had great luck using crystals since, which with contact was able to stabilize what i brought in and kept out.