Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Except that the focus of Christianity is not the SELF; it is God/Heaven/Christ/People etc.
You missed my point, in fact you're not even addressing what I actually said.

What you just stated, is also true for other religions. Period. THAT'S the point I was making.

Yessy and her "Christianity is the one true religion" rhetoric is as accurate as saying grapes are the one true fruit. No, there are many fruits, many ways to fill the stomach.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You missed my point, in fact you're not even addressing what I actually said.

What you just stated, is also true for other religions. Period. THAT'S the point I was making.

Yessy and her "Christianity is the one true religion" rhetoric is as accurate as saying grapes are the one true fruit. No, there are many fruits, many ways to fill the stomach.

You have told me yourself to concentrate upon "my own development". A Christian would not say such a thing. To a Christian there is no such thing as "my own development". And if there is then it is unimportant to Christians.

Christians emphasise the Church, confession, prayer, service, love thy neighbour, The Father, etc.

Hindus emphasise meditation, and all manner of other things which I do not know much about.

But the two are different. To a Hindu other people are not real; they are part of the dream or maya. To Christians other people ARE real.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:15 AM
Master
It is noticeable that the New Agers don't answer the questions they find difficult and crop up elsewhere to start going on about I AM again.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Master
Quote:
It is noticeable that the New Agers don't answer the questions they find difficult and crop up elsewhere to start going on about I AM again.
There was a thread you made in the Hindu section some years back and I read it the other day. I was going to reply to it, but thought better about bumping a three year old thread. I wanted to give you a message...tell you something, so I may find it again and reply.
Old 13-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Master
Here we go, my love. Enjoy:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=55892
Old 13-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Guide

Quote:
You have told me yourself to concentrate upon "my own development". A Christian would not say such a thing. To a Christian there is no such thing as "my own development". And if there is then it is unimportant to Christians.

Christians emphasise the Church, confession, prayer, service, love thy neighbour, The Father, etc.
But these activities are subtly but inextricably linked to the "I" and the soul which has to be saved.
It is a way of accumulating credits on your soul's account balance and through that forestall the destruction or damnation of one's core existence.
That is definitely developing something.
Old 13-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Hindus emphasise meditation, and all manner of other things which I do not know much about.

But the two are different. To a Hindu other people are not real; they are part of the dream or maya. To Christians other people ARE real.
To a Hindu, other people are just as real as you are.

When we say that 'other people are not real' all we are really saying there is that all personal truths are totally subjective in light of the ultimate truth which is beyond limited mental conception.

Maya is all about perception, not actuality. People perceive reality in totally different ways, so who is to say that any persons view of reality is ultimately real or true when there are so many different versions of it?

This is what we mean here, nothing more.