Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 01-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The form is a good idea!
The latter I don't agree on as it's mostly people with a problem of sorts who want a reading. People who's lives are going as they wish don't.

The latest fad seems to be to feel/think/be convinced that some celebrity is their Soulmate and they want a reading to find out if they're correct and/or what they should do.
Can it get any crazier?

I'm inclined to refuse those as I feel it will lead to unsatisfied customers. They're projecting hope onto a celebrity, and since cards don't lie -and neither do I-...

I think I would take those in particular to explain the reflection of themselves and possibly free them from the mental trap. Some people can learn a lot if they just look differently at "the connection."
Old 01-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Guide

I just had a reading from someone via email. A person I get readings from a couple times per year. I pay for each reading. Anyways I would never message back with my life story but throughout the reading she was confused about something and kept saying she wanted me to explain the situation to her. So I did and she didn't respond. LOL.

I wouldn't have replied but she asked me too! Also, it was not negative background info at all.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:22 PM
Experiencer

I dont do readings for anyone other than my husband and myself and sometimes I goof off with the kids and do a one to three card spread.

From a mental health standpoint I would not do celebrity love readings even if I was starving. Because I feel it would feed the delusion. In these cases the reading will get thrown out the window with "they dont know what they are talking about" and it seems like a waste of spirit and energy to do a reading.

Clio when the reader solicits the info that is different though it was rude of her not to reply in my opinion as well especially since you get regular readings. That however is my opinion and as I have some hold over criteria from a past life regarding etiquette it may be an out dated opinion.

Namaste`
Old 01-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
I dont do readings for anyone other than my husband and myself and sometimes I goof off with the kids and do a one to three card spread.

From a mental health standpoint I would not do celebrity love readings even if I was starving. Because I feel it would feed the delusion. In these cases the reading will get thrown out the window with "they dont know what they are talking about" and it seems like a waste of spirit and energy to do a reading.

Clio when the reader solicits the info that is different though it was rude of her not to reply in my opinion as well especially since you get regular readings. That however is my opinion and as I have some hold over criteria from a past life regarding etiquette it may be an out dated opinion.

Namaste`
Yes, that's exactly what I meant and how I feel about it, as if I'm wasting my energy and that of my connection.
I have to be careful with doing readings as it is because of my neck injury and almost knowing with 100% certainty that the reading won't be taken serious and I will get a bad rep on top of that is not worth me putting what little 'neck energy' I have to spend on.
I know I won't enjoy doing a reading then either, it will only P me O to have to spend my time & energy on it, hihi, so I guess I made my decision. For me a no go.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Administrator
I used to be a phone reader for a company my intro always stated tell me nothing. let me tell you

Namaste
Old 02-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Master
Personally I do not read professionally. I will for free, but in either case my best method is to inform others to tell me nothing. I will ask for a question for the cards, or an area the readee might want looked into, and that is absolutely it. Like you said, FC, concise.

My personal preference is to have no information whatsoever.

If you want those you read for to be more concise, I suggest simply being honest about it.

If you do not want to do TF celebrity readings- agreed much of the time it is the obsession of the individual asking for such a reading, and you are able to- tell them no, you are sorry but you simply will not do celebrity type readings.

Essentially my advice is honesty.

The form too does sound like a great idea.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:08 AM
Master
I also ask not to be told of anything before a reading. Just a question and that's it. It keeps judgments out and the reading is much clearer.
Later on if there are some other details they like to talk about, I am always open to hearing it. The purpose of being a reader is also to be of help, to counsel. If we cannot listen , we cannot help. If its a client they are paying the reader, and it's not just a job, that I must get over with anyhow and go home by the end of the day. One has to be patient with these type of things.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Master
I do always ask a little information. If someone wants a love reading and you don't, you can't do a proper reading. Or you'll get a truckload of questions later on because it wasn't all that accurate. And I don't want that, I don't want a ton of questions and work when I'm done. I let go of the energy quite fast, and questions would mean I'd have to get into it again.
I want to know if they are single, involved, dating, seeing or crushing on someone, divorced, what they are after (marriage/kids) etc etc.
If I know they are divorced, don't want children anymore and aren't currently seeing someone, you get an entirely different focus and far more specific reading that works for them then just doing a love reading without any knowledge.
But that's all the info I need: the framework of the current situation.

I hardly ever get questions afterwards either. It's always clear (knock on wood, hihi).
I don't do readings with the readee present, I do the reading on my own, record and upload it so they can watch it.