Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Firstly, the neo-spiritual tendency is to refer any slight energy movement as a kandalini awakening, and this obsession with 'energy' is quite a dangerous egotistic pursuit.

The spiritual path is one of utmost purity... the natural purification of the mind and body... as that which obscures and obstructs the vessel through which flows the outpouring of divine love

The egotistic nature is always self concerned and suffers extreme aversions to these sorts of obstructions, and so as to avoid them, craves after what are imagined or remembered to be pleasurable experiences. The spiritual work is quelling the tension that hates and craves simultaneously... this tension which maintains those obstructions.

It's a difficult thing to say in this environment where the pleasures of spiritual experiences are promoted, but I have practiced to a degree that which is at first wanted and desired goes on to become that which is difficult to bear, and the way is to cultivate the stability and balance of ones mind so that all things can pass with minimal resistance or restriction. That kind of balance is absolutely essential for coping with more extreme movements, and this cultivation of equalibrium is the founding principle of any spiritual path.
I just want to have as many "tools" in life as possible. Chasing power is dangerous indeed, but I'm the kind of person that looks into a mirror and just sees plain me
Old 15-05-2015, 04:05 PM
TaoSandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
I just want to have as many "tools" in life as possible. Chasing power is dangerous indeed, but I'm the kind of person that looks into a mirror and just sees plain me

Alec,

From my perspective, think of the meditative path not as a tool to alter your life... Rather, consider it an alteration of (your) life itself. During this time energy may shift, grow, diminish, or do nothing at all... Insights will come to you, but they will only come when the time is right (sometimes you'll practice for a while with only minimal change and few insights!) All of these are acceptable, as they happen according to the time. But you are ultimately altering the way life is lived and perceived, not simply creating tools to get through life as it is and is perceived by you right now.

-TaoSandwich
Old 15-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Guide
Kundalini Awakening is the "Black Belt" of Yogic Meditation. I'm not a Martial Artist but with all pursuits you aren't going to be able to Master Kundalini in a short manner of time. Also it is well known that even in India, where these ideas apparently originate from, there aren't any Masters to be found. I say that last comment because according to the Autobiography of Gopi Krishna, a man who had a spontaneous Kundalini Awakening, (and had quite a difficult time as a result), living in India, couldn't find a single Yogi who had their own honest directly intimate knowledge with Kundalini. It's like you hear of Bruce Lee, and then you get up and throw some air punches and get all psyched out that you are going to Master Jeet Kune Do, overnight.
Old 15-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Guide
That is not to say people don't have Kundalini Experiences. I've had my fair share of such things. But, Getting in a Street Fight does not mean you've Mastered Martial Arts. Just as Stretching before a Run doesn't mean you've Mastered Yoga.
Old 15-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Hypnoticalec

I'm not normal. I've awakened kundalini as a child, which caused me many social problems. At one point, as I was stopping to believe in god he told me in a dream that he gave me this power to change my reality. You see, I'm a troubled angel...
Old 15-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Guide
Um........
Old 15-05-2015, 11:26 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Firstly, the neo-spiritual tendency is to refer any slight energy movement as a kandalini awakening, and this obsession with 'energy' is quite a dangerous egotistic pursuit.

Yes, l agree, a lot confuse the opening of chakras and the rising of pranic energy with the 'awakening of kundalini' - not the same things..

Quote:
Also it is well known that even in India, where these ideas apparently originate from, there aren't any Masters to be found

Sorry. thoughtonfire, but l don't know where you had that bit of nonsense from. Who says it's well known - some western charlatan perhaps. And there were many famous Yogi's in lndia around gopi krishna's time, who actually wrote well-known books on kundalini - like sivananda.
lt's generally believed that gopi krishna wrote to the famous Yogi Sri Aurobindo about his awakening. The letter below is the reply:

Quote:
Obviously, Gopi Krishna referred to Sri Aurobindo. There is a corresponding letter by Sri Aurobindo:
“Sri Aurobindo cannot undertake to guide you as your Guru, for the reason that he takes as disciples only those who follow his special path of yoga; your experiences follow a different line. In his yoga there may be an occasional current in the spine as in other nerve channels or different parts of the body, but no awakening of the Kundalini in this particular and powerful fashion. There is only a quiet uprising of the consciousness from the lower centres to join the spiritual consciousness above and a descent of the Divine Force from above which does its own work in the mind and body – the manner and stages varying in each sadhak. A perfect confidence in the Divine Mother and a vigilance to repel all wrong suggestions and influences is the main law of this yoga. Your opening having once been so powerful on the more usual Tantric lines (even without your own will intervening), it is hardly probable that it could now change easily to other lines – any such effort might create a serious disturbance. In speaking of a competent Guru Sri Aurobindo meant one who had himself practised this opening of the centres and become siddha in that line of yoga. It should not be impossible to find one – when one has the call for the Guru, the Guru sooner or later comes. Meanwhile to put away fear and have confidence in the Divine working is indispensable – but no effort should be made to force the pace by concentrated meditation unless you have a guide whom you can trust – a clear guidance from within or a guide from without. The inspiration about the Ida nadi and the subsequent working of the Shakti show that there was an intervention at a critical moment and that the call to it whenever needed is likely to be effective.”
- Sri Aurobindo
Old 16-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec

The meditation looks at what is as it is experienced right now, and only by keeping the calm quietude can the mind deepen. The process of the experience will entail discomfort and pleasantry, and the key to meditation is remaining still regardless of what is being experienced. This is most usually cultivated through discomfort because the kinds of blocks in the body tend to feel solid, hard and are often quite painful, but remaining still minded and observing neutrally is the key to dissolving them. As the mind becomes more acute and looks more deeply it will begin to become aware of the more subtle and less solid, and the person experiences tingles, waves or flowing movements - but where deeper blocks are encountered the hard and solid feelings still arise. As this process both goes deeper and the harder more solid 'lumps' are disolved more and more the person feels more suble less solid and has a greater flow. This is the important part - the meditation isn't trying to produce a greater flow - it's remaining in stillness... and you will need the stillness to be a stable balance to cope with these kinds of movements. This is to say, meditation is the stillness that is required to endure the motion of experience.
Old 16-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
Sorry. thoughtonfire, but l don't know where you had that bit of nonsense from. Who says it's well known - some western charlatan perhaps. And there were many famous Yogi's in lndia around gopi krishna's time, who actually wrote well-known books on kundalini - like sivananda.
lt's generally believed that gopi krishna wrote to the famous Yogi Sri Aurobindo about his awakening. The letter below is the reply:

That letter appears to be written by a devotee of the Famous Yogi Sri Aurobindo, not himself.

And where are these Masters now? Do you have some names? How does one come in contact with a Kundalini Master Yogi from India? Do they have facebook or a website? Or will these forum threads suffice in this Quest of the Magnum Opus of Kundalini?

Also, you really didn't address the substance of my posts. I.e. getting in a Street Fight doesn't mean you've Mastered Martial Arts. Some Kundalini Experiences doesn't mean one has Fully Awakened.
Old 16-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Guide
http://www.katinkahesselink.net/kr/kundalini.html