Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 16-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Master
A german lady told my mother a recipe for coughs. Get a jar of honey and one or two white onions, cut the onions into lenthways slices, many of them. In a bowl pour all the honey into the bowl, put the slices of onion in the honey (there should be many) cover with gladwrap overnight on you counter, the next day take out the onions and put the honey back in the jar, take as much as you need. It sounds worse than it is but it really doesn't taste bad and every single time I have a cough it works like a charm and it beats putting medicine in your body.
Spiritlite.
Old 16-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Gerryh

What I do is when I feel the beginnings of a flu I chop up slices of ginger (fresh) into hot water and drink large volumes of it.(about 10 cups) I haven't had a flu in years.
Best wishes Gerry
Old 16-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Master
huh Gerryh I like that idea thankyou
Spiritlite.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:27 AM
kews99

herbs n remedys

Quote:
Originally Posted by kews99
My family have romany gypsy origins and we have grown up using the power of herbs and knowlege of everything natural for almost all ailments . my grandad used to sleep with onions in his socks to clear out cold.
also for damadged bones tissues after ops comfrey is good. x

garlic indeed is another good one a mixture of crushed garlic honey and lemon juice mixed together and one tea spoon to be taken in the morning and one at night before bed clears chest infections amazingly . tastes awful but truly works lol. x
Old 21-11-2010, 09:33 AM
kews99

loads of remedies lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kews99
garlic indeed is another good one a mixture of crushed garlic honey and lemon juice mixed together and one tea spoon to be taken in the morning and one at night before bed clears chest infections amazingly . tastes awful but truly works lol. x

remedy for teething infant,
chamomile flowers wrapped in cloth or linen . using hot water let it soak ina bowl take them out and let them slightly cool and then place on infants cheeks as a compress.this to works great .
this also works great with lavender flowers for headaches .
Old 19-12-2010, 02:21 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Yes, comfrey is very nice. I lament the loss of my plants :(

One should be careful in consuming it. Some studies have shown that prolonged use can cause liver damage. Thus it is usually used externally, rather than internally.

For colds, garlic, garlic and garlic! Along with honey, ginger and cinnamon. And good ole home made chicken soup. That's my trick. Oh, and of course, herbal teas and green tea help perk you up.

ironically, I have recently succumbed to a sore throat! Doggone it.

Actually, there have only been 2 or 3 cases of liver damage with comfrey, and there is no other information on those cases as to the health of the persons before suppmenting, where the comfrey was obtained and what other pharmaceuticals were being taken with the comfrey. Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about liver damage from comfrey. Dr. Christopher, http://www.herballegacy.com/, used comfrey in his bone, flesh and cartilage formula quite successfully in many cases mentioned in the link. I have used his bone, flesh and cartilage formula in a topical oil and internally in capsules to successfully straighten the torque in my lower back from scoliosis.

If I can ever find a comfrey plant, I'm going to plant it in my yard.
Old 19-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Administrator
Hello

I now use Olive Leaf Extract. Amazing stuff really. TOO NOTE it does not mix well with some medications so be wary and do some research if one is on med's.

Lynn
Old 06-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
A german lady told my mother a recipe for coughs. Get a jar of honey and one or two white onions, cut the onions into lenthways slices, many of them. In a bowl pour all the honey into the bowl, put the slices of onion in the honey (there should be many) cover with gladwrap overnight on you counter, the next day take out the onions and put the honey back in the jar, take as much as you need. It sounds worse than it is but it really doesn't taste bad and every single time I have a cough it works like a charm and it beats putting medicine in your body.
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite, I actually tried this and you are right, it doesn't taste bad at all. Just wondering though on how much of it to take at once ? It does seem to coat the throat, but the cough is still here.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 06-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Administrator
Hello

Right now I am so suffering from an ear infection and swollen throat glands.

I have been using a mixture of vinigar and rubbing alchohol in me ears. Mixing it half and half and filling the ear canal with the mix. ( this was given to me by an ear specilaist Dr. ). It works but does sting a wee bit.

For the throat and conjestion I have been using a warm towel wrapped around me neck soaked in Oragano. It smells bad but its helping.

I have been drinking Green Tea with Ginger in it. Its easing the couching some.

So there are a few "natural " things I am trying and "Touch Wood " so far no Asthma issuas a that is a worry for me with a cold.

Lynn
Old 06-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Green tea with the Ginger sounds good. If anyone suggests you drink apple cider vinegar to help soothe a sore throat, tell them " thanks but no thanks ! ". Someone recommended this and being rather desperate for a cure, I thought I would try it just about gagged ! And we are not talking about drinking a large amount, just a few ounces.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction