Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:38 AM
seahorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Finnster,

I have heard that people that make their own rune set, have a closer connection to the stones.

Give it a try, make your own set and then let us know which set you feel a closer connection with.

Dream Angel xx
Yep that's true ! Thanks for the rune thread tip DA i'd never found it otherwise lol....i made my own set of runes a while ago after i gathered some nice flat pebbles (some not so flat but a dremel tool took care of that...) and i can honestly say i feel so connected with my lil stones i know it's because i devoted time and effort to them but i really feel some of my spirit essence (or something) passed on to them. When i compare my runes with some commercially made i feel them to be completely lifeless and "carrying" the profit-chasing attitude in them, just my thoughts....
Dream Angel you're right about the use of sealers to protect the runes, i used spray clear varnish on mine, i suspect there will be a need to re-apply after some time as it will most probably wear off with frequent use.
I think one of the best materials for runes are pebbles found on the beach as they are usually flat enough to paint, and the salt on them has purifuing properties (at least i think i've read something like that- sorry spiritual newbie here lol)
Old 04-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Deactivated Account

hi seahorse,

I see you found the place I believe this is true about the runes you made " i really feel some of my spirit essence (or something) passed on to them." And good idea for putting the varnish on them, for protection and it adds a nice shine to them too.

Very interesting comment about the pebbles from the beach and the salt, having the purifying qualities. Good thinking !

I am guessing then that most runes are made with stones ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-09-2011, 12:03 PM
seahorse

I have done an extensive search on the internet the past few days, found out many use wood and find the use of stone or other materials "not proper" or something. Now i can understand wood is a much more friendly material to work with but cannot really understand this "purist" attitude many people have towards runes and other things, believing there's only 1-2 "proper" ways and everyting else is not valid. I like to go completely on instinct and do whatever i am inclined to do regardless of what other self-proclaimed "knowers"say. Heretical to the bone i know (but lovin it)
Old 04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Now that is the strangest thing, preference for wood over the stone. If there was one " proper " material to use for runes, I would think it would be stones ! That seems so much more natural to me and just think of the variety and beauty of your set if using stones, each one is an original. With wood it is basically all the same. Somehow I just can't see Vikings sitting around with wooden runes, the stones seem more natural. Maybe not , just my visual perhaps

you do have an independent streak seahorse I like it !

Expect Miracles !

Old 04-09-2011, 12:25 PM
seahorse

Yep i likes me 2 lol i had the same thinking when i decided to make Nordic runes for me stone was a "natural", fitting choice. You know, imagine a big bad Viking warrior...playing with a wooden stick ?! doesn't fit.... and i was overly glad to go to a beach the last day of vacation and discover exactly what i was looking for, rugged stratified rock, some menir-shaped (ever read Asterix?) but smoothed enough by the sea so they didn't need much work with the dremel tool, some not at all. Perfect ! I was a little sad before because i wanted something like that for the Nordic runes but didn't really know where to find such stones. Seems the Universe provides your heart desire (if so, where's my lottery ?)
Old 04-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse
Perfect ! I was a little sad before because i wanted something like that for the Nordic runes but didn't really know where to find such stones. Seems the Universe provides your heart desire (if so, where's my lottery ?)

hmmm, maybe the Universe knows winning the lottery really isn't your heart's desire ?
now what would you do with all that money, except buy crystals, lol ! Just think of all the energy surrounding you, you would be swirling and twirling and getting dizzy ! and then, if your crystals started speaking to you, you wouldn't know which one is saying what !! LOL !

Expect Miracles !

Old 04-09-2011, 12:37 PM
seahorse

Hey i'm always like that anyway swirling and twirling and dizzy lol that's why i need (permanent) vacation to hawaii to relax...or somewhere eastern and mystical i could live with that too !
Old 04-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Deactivated Account

so what do I know ? now why did I think you were thinking something spiritual about the east ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 04-09-2011, 12:48 PM
seahorse

Hey what could be more spiritual than a beautiful woman belly dancing ?!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:48 PM
seahorse

I know.... bahahaha