Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-06-2020, 11:20 PM
Newbie ;)

What do the cool cats mean by 'heart centre'?

there's some spiritual terms I don't fully grasp.

I want to eventually be heart centered and operate from the heart but I am looking for insight and understanding!

how do I move to the heart?

what does an open heart even mean... i see people say ' when your heart opens everything changes'.

has anyone of you ever experienced this ? ive never felt anything in my heart

<3
Old 22-06-2020, 12:05 AM
Master
'from the heart', 'heart centered', 'open your heart'

'heart' can refer to one of three things:
1) Your physical heart, associated with reproduction and romance.
2) The energetic heart center (4th chakra), relates to exchange of energy to/from a person, often to/form another person
3) The place where divine essence (soul) enters the physical body.

They are not in the same place in the body, though they are near each other.

I have no idea why the mix-up and use of same term for 3 different things.

In general these terms are about love and compassion.

To move to the heart, have compassion, understanding, kindness, and love for others for no reason at all. Suspending judgement and giving others the benefit of the doubt are also helpful. In short, act in a caring way always.

Note this does not mean you should tolerate bad behavior. It's important to continue to love yourself too.
Old 22-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Master

Following on from wstein's words, Ramana Maharshi has much to say about this:

Q: Sri Bhagavan speaks of the heart as the seat of Consciousness and as identical with the Self. What does the heart exactly signify?

M: The question about the heart arises because you are interested in seeking the source of consciousness. To all deep thinking minds, the enquiry about the ‘I’ and its nature has an irresistible fascination.

Call it by any name, God, Self, the heart or the seat of Consciousness, it is all the same. The point to be grasped is this, that Heart means the very core of one’s being, the Centre, without which there is nothing whatever.

Q: But Sri Bhagavan has specified a particular place for the heart within the physical body, that it is in the chest, two digits to the right from the median.

M: Yes, that is the centre of spiritual experience according to the testimony of Sages. This spiritual heart-centre is quite different from the blood- propelling, muscular organ known by the same name. The spiritual heart-centre is not an organ of the body. All that you can say of the heart is that it is the very core of your being. That with which you are
really identical (as the word in Sanskrit literally means), whether you are awake, asleep or dreaming, whether you are engaged in work or immersed in samadhi.

Q: In that case, how can it be localized in any part of the body? Fixing a place for the heart would imply setting physiological limitations to That which is beyond space and time.

M: That is right. But the person who puts the question about the position of the heart, considers himself as existing with or in the body. While putting the question now, would you say that your body alone is here but that you are speaking from somewhere else? No, you accept your bodily existence. It is from this point of view that any reference to a physical body comes to be made.

Truly speaking, Pure Consciousness is indivisible, it is without parts. It has no form and shape, no ‘within’ and ‘without’. There is no ‘right’ or ‘left’ for it. Pure Consciousness, which is the heart, includes all; and nothing is outside or apart from it. That is the ultimate Truth.

From this absolute standpoint, the heart, Self or Consciousness can have no particular place assigned to it in the physical body. What is the reason? The body is itself a mere projection of the mind, and the mind is but a poor reflection of the radiant heart. How can That, in which everything is contained, be itself confined as a tiny part within the physical body which is but an infinitesimal, phenomenal manifestation of the one Reality?

Peace
Old 22-06-2020, 09:26 PM
Master
What I'm interested in are these cool cats. Who are they..??

As for the heart, and 'feeling' it. There are yoga asanas that can make your upper body feel quite active and will make your breathing more pleasant. You will feel 'light' around the heart area.
Old 29-06-2020, 08:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathomthat
there's some spiritual terms I don't fully grasp.

I want to eventually be heart centered and operate from the heart but I am looking for insight and understanding!

how do I move to the heart?

what does an open heart even mean... i see people say ' when your heart opens everything changes'.

has anyone of you ever experienced this ? ive never felt anything in my heart

<3
Sometimes you have to step away from technical terms. From my experience a lot of spiritual type of people like to change meaning of terms to fit there needs.
You probably did things from the heart without even knowing it. Think about things that you take seriously.... or are Passionate about. That's from the heart. Doing things from the heart has little to do with being spiritual. You can be involved in being spiritual with all your heart/passion. The physical world and the spiritual world are often so close together it's can be difficult to see how they're different. When you're heart opens up to "something" everything within that "something" changes. Weather it's opened to God, making cars go fast, or gardening. That everything changes.