Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Pathfinder
Brain waves tunes

What are some additional elements that help you medidate?
I mean beside crystals I use frequency music and brain waves tunes, they can be really effective!
It amazes me how easy it may get to tune into other brain states just like that and clearing thoughts so quickly sometimes... like a little too good to be true
That's a true life hack to me... would love knowing about your owns!
Old 30-06-2020, 09:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Brain tunes are my favorite! I listen to them every morning

I find it tough to meditate with nothing to listen to. Brain tunes really help to direct the mind towards the focus of our meditation. How's your experience with it?
Old 30-06-2020, 06:33 PM
Master
Sometimes I just sit down, no music at all. Other times I do have some soft music going. My favourite is nature sounds with birds and water, not loud, very gentle.

Oddly enough Joe Dispenza used music during his meditations -I assume brainwave music as it's especially designed for it and he often has brainscans made to test things. There's an echo effect on his microphone.
Both that echo and the music being really quite loud annoy the cr*p out of me! I cannot do his meditations, no matter how much I like his teachings.
People say they love it, and that you get used to it. But I can bear it for some 3 mins, maybe 5, then I switch it off.

I do like binaural beats, but I don't use that to meditate.
Old 13-07-2020, 01:09 AM
Newbie ;)

I make Melodic Binaural Beats if you guys wanna check them out.

They're great relaxing flow music, I'm on Spotify under the name "Mind Method" (same as here).

You can listen to them with a free account there if you want, don't have to pay anything.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:22 AM
Knower

frankly I'm not a fan of brainwave tunes.
I've tried them once, and it was a very unpleasant experience. funny I just mentioned it in another post.

it took me to a place were I experienced a split self, or something like that:
on the right side I had total vision, and the total left side of me was in darkness. I couldn't see or sense anything. and weirdly I could turn my head right and left, and I would see my half appear and then as I turn my head, my other half was a phantom dis-existing within darkness.
and other than what I could see of my body on the right, my environment was jungle like inside a living room, and the animal creatures were beautiful and interesting but all unknown to me. an uncomfortable unknown, although as I said, beautiful

maybe my experience is uniquely bad, but I feel quite unsettled about manipulating my mind into a frequency, unless it wants to go there on its own, and already has the construct and tools itself...otherwise I assume it as unready for that place.

as to crystals, I don't use these either. but I'm not opposed to them,
and I think they are a safer tool, if you've learnt them well.
my hands burn up fast, my converters are naturally super charged. I'm not as strong or wise as myself. hahaha.
(The first time I experienced giving a healing was round age 9, and it flooded out of me through instinct.)

and I've experienced a strength in me that even I wasn't ready for yet.
when I've taken more than my body or psyche can handle, it can set me back.
or rather delay me until I've recovered, or my conscious and subconscious have caught up.

I recite prayer, as a start to my meditation and healing.
this keeps me in check, and is the safest way to go about it.
sometimes I have music on, sometimes I don't. every meditation makes its own requests.
one of my favs recently is to lay deep in a bath. I feel like I'm in a womb, and that 'returned state',
ascends me to my higher self as my original self.

I'm learning to trust the pace of my journey, I love experimenting, but without too much prodding.
but again, each person's bodies are different. and what can work for one, won't for another.

Best of luck
stay safe, and listen to yourself
love and kindness your way

Fats
Old 16-08-2020, 12:45 AM
Master
I use brain wave tones, not for meditation but for sleep and chilling out. The hertz frequency makes a great difference in how my body-mind responds. My preferences are 432 and 528 Hz.

I also use daily an audio track for gamma, 30-44 Hz, which is the only frequency group found in every part of the brain.

Old 16-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatimasque
frankly I'm not a fan of brainwave tunes.
I've tried them once, and it was a very unpleasant experience. funny I just mentioned it in another post.

it took me to a place were I experienced a split self, or something like that:
on the right side I had total vision, and the total left side of me was in darkness. I couldn't see or sense anything. and weirdly I could turn my head right and left, and I would see my half appear and then as I turn my head, my other half was a phantom dis-existing within darkness.
and other than what I could see of my body on the right, my environment was jungle like inside a living room, and the animal creatures were beautiful and interesting but all unknown to me. an uncomfortable unknown, although as I said, beautiful

maybe my experience is uniquely bad, but I feel quite unsettled about manipulating my mind into a frequency, unless it wants to go there on its own, and already has the construct and tools itself...otherwise I assume it as unready for that place.

as to crystals, I don't use these either. but I'm not opposed to them,
and I think they are a safer tool, if you've learnt them well.
my hands burn up fast, my converters are naturally super charged. I'm not as strong or wise as myself. hahaha.
(The first time I experienced giving a healing was round age 9, and it flooded out of me through instinct.)

and I've experienced a strength in me that even I wasn't ready for yet.
when I've taken more than my body or psyche can handle, it can set me back.
or rather delay me until I've recovered, or my conscious and subconscious have caught up.

I recite prayer, as a start to my meditation and healing.
this keeps me in check, and is the safest way to go about it.
sometimes I have music on, sometimes I don't. every meditation makes its own requests.
one of my favs recently is to lay deep in a bath. I feel like I'm in a womb, and that 'returned state',
ascends me to my higher self as my original self.

I'm learning to trust the pace of my journey, I love experimenting, but without too much prodding.
but again, each person's bodies are different. and what can work for one, won't for another.

Best of luck
stay safe, and listen to yourself
love and kindness your way

Fats

Wow... this is interesting, thank you for sharing the effects this might have.
However I do believe frequencies are all around us. It is rather nice thinking I could handle everything naturally and on my own but truth is putting on some Alpha waves is really helping calm the mind sometimes, I believe it is as 'manipulative' as meditation - in both ways you have to give yourself to it as it is not a drug or substance, but simply working with the vibration all around our lives. TV and radio are also transmitting frequencies, going out to nature and grounding is also an act of working with it... it's all around, for the good and the lesser good
Old 01-09-2020, 07:43 AM
Knower
I don't consider myself a 'traditionalist' when it comes to meditation, so I do use brainwave help for various states, including just for relaxation.

So, here are a few sources I like, though one I am currently just exploring before purchase. The rest are free, as noted:

J.S. Epperson - higher music (this is music for purchase on Bandcamp, though if you contact the artist, he can make it a free download).

myNoise.net - despite the name, noise isn't bad, and can be quite good for you (such as white noise to help one sleep). The site-owner, Dr. Ir. Stéphane Pigeon, has developed hundreds of pages called "generators" where each page is for a separate set of sound-generators. All pages can be adjusted to your needs for a sound or noise, and even saved to mp3. There are many options available and it's probably best to go to the introduction page first before diving into the main noises page. That link is here: https://mynoise.net/preface.php

Dr. Pigeon has also produced a separate page for brainwave sounds (using natural sounds or noise) called Brainaural.

There are quite a few details to the settings, so it may take a while to tweak it the way you like. However, he also goes into great detail below the sliders, explaining how each functions and how to use them.

I have found that by using this page in one tab and other myNoise pages open in more tabs, that I can further customize meditative or relaxation soundscapes you can't get through one page alone. myNoise even makes that kind of customization available to patrons :-)
Old 01-09-2020, 09:38 AM
This thread reminded me to put my headphones on while here, ha - and do 20-30 minutes of
a 40Hz tone used for a better memory, I found out about. (Gamma)
I saw a difference!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6A-Rg6TRgs

Also, might as well put a link to a Ted Talks on gamma waves and Alzheimer's work:
16 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDZgzsQh0Dw

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-09-2020, 04:57 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This thread reminded me to put my headphones on while here, ha - and do 20-30 minutes of a 40Hz tone used for a better memory, I found out about. (Gamma)
I saw a difference!

You might then enjoy this album by the artist I mentioned, JS Epperson
Here's the link and his description about his piece:

Quote:
Gammadrone
by J.S. Epperson
higher-music(dot)com/album/gammadrone

Move beyond the self to a place of greater connection and compassion by listening to Gammadrone, a beautiful piece of meditation music enhanced with multiband Gamma and Theta brainwave audio technologies that potently and seamlessly blend with the music.

Anchored in a 40Hz neural Gamma pattern, the ethereal music of Gammadrone facilitates a more present meditative experience and a heightened level of awareness. Experiments on long-term Tibetan Buddhist practitioners of meditation suggest that Gamma brainwave patterns correlate to profound transcendental mental states, as novice meditators do not naturally produce these brainwave patterns.

(Side-note: the music-download site Bandcamp allows you to listen to an artist's album (or artist-selected cuts) up to three times. After that, it will bug you for a donation. A small donation enables unlimited streaming on that album. Epperson's music may or may not be on YT, but I tend not to use YT for music sources because the quality of their sound-files is only okay. Quality music-download sites offer what is called "high-res" (high resolution) for sound files, such as on Bandcamp.)