Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-07-2015, 12:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy92
You DONT even want to imagine absolute nothing. Absolute dark exists, its the opposite of God, but its different, its a void its a black mass that absorbs and devours anything, it tears you destroys you.

I have been in damnation, but luckily I was given one last chance thanks to someone...when I was little I still had nightmares of damnation and thats thousands of years away...if you trully want to experience non existence wich is damnation than go into a totally pitch black room, close doors, make it absolutely sound proof. And just be there, no sound, no light, nothing and the only thing you are sure of is that its forever and it will never end. It slowly devours you, you will cry but you cannot cry, you want to scream but you cannot scream, you want at least a glimpse of what is called existence but there is none, you and your mind only, you will go insane and your soul slowly decomposes, shatters, you dont even know if you exist or what there is absolute confusion, its unbeliavable agony...trully there is nothing worse than nothing forever. Even CIA tortures people by putting them into pitch black chamber, in few days they die of instanity...

This is an experience. It is called sensory depletion which brings on severe hallucinations but hasn't been recorded to cause death. In any case a death of insanity has never been found true. The best example of nothing I ever heard was that it is similar to what you see with the back of your head.
Old 19-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Ascender

Youre still imagining though, that view from the back of the head.

Pure nothingness/none awareness is impossible to comprehend, that's why it may actually be impossible to happen subjectively?

What is worse is that you might as well have never even existed. In fact once all your loved ones who remember you are gone too, then unless you were a Julius Caesar or a Winston Chuchill then you may as well never have!
Old 03-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Ascender

Brought this back as MonkeyIncarnation might find it interesting tieing in with another thread
Old 03-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Can You Imagine Non Existence

Gleefully. There is a point in each day for most of us when we are in a timeless deep void of sleep. If it is that in perpetuity, I shall be unaware of it.

Not too impressed with the dying part though as I understand that it can be painful in some instances.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Charlotte Groves

Well, not existing is better than hell I bet.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Pathfinder

I remember when I was about 5 yrs old thinking "What if I never had existed?", and almost immediately I provided an answer, "but I've always existed!".

Very Profound for a 5 yr old I think, don't you?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Knower

I think that moment of death will be amongst the scariest moments in this lifetime. The realisation that the light is being turned off and you are to face whatever comes next, whether that's an alternative life, a heaven, or nothing.

The idea of nothingness is scarier than the reality of it. As has been said, if there really is nothing, we will not be there to experience the nothingness, and so it will not affect us. Only, if we realise this nothingness before we depart this World, should we really be concerned. At present, life is about living, doing all we can and that way, whatever happens next, we can't regret that we have wasted this 'one' opportunity that we have.

I know many state that they are convinced that there is more than this one life. Perhaps they are true, I have never experienced anything to suggest that our existence continues, but I have a gut feeling that perhaps it does, but then maybe that's just wishful thinking. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
The idea of nothingness is scarier than the reality of it.

To some perhaps, as I was saying. we experience a spell each day when we are oblivious to all things , even the void which we occupy at that time. dying is frightful because it may involve pain. But afterwards....Peace.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:18 AM
Ascender

Ive been looking for this for ages

Im not 100% on forum rules or technicalities of links so I apologise if I shouldn't post this here.

I think its reassuring for people like me who still doubt an afterlife and/or have recently lost a loved one. If it breaches any rules I hope it can be amended to be ok otherwise.

It backs up my theory that we can never subjectively cease to exist ie so from our pov we cannot die

http://www.naturalism.org/death.htm
Old 19-08-2015, 11:52 AM
Seeker

I beleive we're all going to exist forever. You can't stop existing. Death is just passing from one realm to another. It's quite a crazy thought to get my head around, that I will exist and be concious for eternity.